1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 12/17/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 17, 2003.

1. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

If it's true, it will be really said. A good team should not have a player with such mentality. That's why Cavs get rid of a guy who has once thrown the ball to his own basketball to get a triple double.

2. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

We won. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa......

3. nyofan

nyofan Member

Don't be happy with this win. You got that only because it is Cleveland. The game flow is not right! Same century old mistakes over and over. The personality won't be changed unless the personnels are changed.

4. nyofan

nyofan Member

Totally agree

5. bronxfan

bronxfan Contributing Member

LOL...

6. Compgeek

Compgeek Member

Selfish and stupid bastards rule this country. The whole system sucks when it worships individual stats first before the whole team.

Who knows, next time people might autography the ball or make a cell-phone call after a dunk.

7. egn

egn Member

I would say the Cavs beat themselves. And besides the have won a collective 6 games. Same old mistakes.

8. spydermex

spydermex Member

We won wow.

9. leibs2002

leibs2002 Member

I didn't get to watch the game, so can someone explain to me why Yao only attempted one shot in the second half?

10. trungvo

trungvo Member

We finally won!!!Yao played well except for the foul trouble,Francis had a pretty good overall game,Cat made some clutch shots.

11. prlen

prlen Member

yes,and shut down Big Z 5times one on one in 4Q.Yao just get 8 shots?

12. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

You got to give him the credit for making those FT's at the end. But SF, you are delusional and think you are almighty more than we can take.

13. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Not trying to police the grammar here at all, but I really don't understand what you are trying to say. Can you reword this please, and maybe a few details?

:confused:

14. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Yao didn't play much in the 3rd. In the 4th, he traveled once, and then they ignored him after that. The offense was Steve running around the perimeter. Cat hit a big shot, so did Mo, so did Steve. That was pretty much it.

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

He's talking about Ricky Davis who had a double double in scoring and assists and 9 rebounds with the game winding down. He had the ball on his end of the court with the rest of the players running down to the other ende of the court so he intentionally turned around and through the ball off of the back board so he could get an uncontested rebound to complete the tripple double.

He was not credited with the rebound and made to look like the fool that he is.

16. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

Yes we won but again sloppy play at times. This team is design to run and run. They are not a 1/2 court team. When SF brings up the ball he looks undecided at time. Uh...should I continue to basket at get the ez basket? Or do I stop and wait for Yao to get his slow azz to the low post then jack up a long range 3 w/ 2 seconds left on the shot clock? Hmm...what to do?

17. DaveSavage

DaveSavage Member

i'm emotionally stirred by this 89-85 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers.

emotionally stirred,
    dave
    springfield, mo

18. silentfan

silentfan Member

anyone else notice how these game threads have less and less posts as the season goes on?

I take that as a sign that a lot of fans have stopped caring for this team. I can personally say that I no longer sit in the chatroom to read the play-by-play anymore, I just check nba.com to see what happened after the game or the next day. I imagine attendance is probably at an all-time low too.

19. sup123

sup123 Member

we barely beet the calvs, when is managment gonna relize we need a trade.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

why did no one mention steve's near triple double? I didn't see the game, but he had to look pretty good in the non-shooting facets of the game.