1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 12/17/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 17, 2003.

1. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

At least the Rockets aren't in a back-to-back. They didn't even play last night.... :eek:

2. sun12

sun12 Member

Rox personnel sucks.

1. Starting PG can't pass, No backup PG (Moochie does not count)
    2. no starting PF (Cato is a center, MoT can't start or rebound or injury-prone in the WC, EG does not want to play)
    3. Center is weak (either can't hold low-post position, Yao, or can't shoot a jumper, Cato)
    4. starting SF is someone who bounces around teams.

The only bright position is the SG, Cat!!! I can't believe I am saying this. Then I will add the backup SG/SF, Pike who is a professional veteran.

3. robbarnett

robbarnett Member

time for us to bounce back and teh cavs are an easy springboard. Dont see a lot of offence, but we should win.

Rox 84
    Cavs 76

4. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Rookie always has higher turnover numbers. Worry about Francis, it is his fifth year in NBA now.

5. sun12

sun12 Member

JVG has no leverage against Francis. Francis can say, okay, sit me down, but who will you play? Moochie? haha

6. trungvo

trungvo Member

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Lebron and his fellow guards will light up ours!!!!

7. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

No way we lose, no way. Couldn't lose this one if we tried.

Yao will be horrible, but Steve and Cat have given up on him so it won't matter.

8. danjojo

danjojo Member

Rockets will halt their losing streak tonight. No doubt about that, but we'll still have loads of problems on our hands.

Rox - 82
    Cavs - 79

9. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I realize Lebron is a rookie, which is why I said in the future he will be a great distributor of the ball. Earlier you said he was going to show Francis how to pass the ball when you and I both know that he is not at that level yet.

Also ... Where are we expecting Francis to get these assists from?
    NO ONE runs on this team, so fast break assists are out. If he passes into Yao .. Yao takes his time and tries to make moves before he shoots so he would not get assists there. Other than that SF has to rely on people hitting outside shots off his passes to get an assist, and as we've seen this year no one is making jack. No one cuts to the basket on this team because they are trying to give Yao room to post up. I criticize SF for his turnovers when he is dribbling and gets careless with the ball, but his passing is not the problem with his low assists numbers.

10. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Interesting. Lebron's stats are nearly identical to Steve's. Lebron has a few more rebounds, but the assists and points are dead even.

11. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Yao's hot - Steve doesn't keep feeding him and looks for his own game - still missing - Yao takes a seat.

Where have I seen this before?

12. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Steve has a cold. He isn't thinking clearly. So all bashing is null and void this game. :p

13. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Now Yao is off the bench and he's cold.

14. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Yao got a nice lob pass from Piatkowski, and he passes it right back out to Cato. Yao is too unselfish at times, he could have easily made the shot himself.

15. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Moochie in for Steve - takes over where Steve left off - looking for his game - still missing.

16. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Agreed - that was not a smart play by Yao.

17. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Who would a thunk that Steve would jack the last shot of the half? hhhmmmm.........everybody. :eek:

18. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Even when the Rockets are leading they still look pathetic on the floor. They're lucky they're playing the Cavs tonight and not a mediocre team that would keep the losing streak alive at 4. I still see no reason to root for this team despite the one point lead.

19. Donatello

Donatello Member

Isn't there an excuse every game? :p

20. silentfan

silentfan Member

My predictions:

Cleveland - loss
    Clippers- win
    Suns- win
    Indiana- loss
    Lakers- Blow out loss
    Denver- loss