1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 1/5/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 5, 2013.

1. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

From Geraldd. Highlights from Rockets vs Cavaliers.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IPBTMM43Fpk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. itachen

itachen Member

I've watched/listened a few after Jeremy's high and low games. He's a big Lin fan and you can tell he has a huge passion for the game.

3. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Pretty much. From reading the comments on here, sometimes it feels like Lin doesn't even play for this team. People either overrate him or underrate/minimize his play.

1 person likes this.
  4. kent335

kent335 Member

Check out this blog link.:

http://http://niketalk.com/t/518761/hung-out-with-jeremy-lin-last-night

Blonde girl's brother knows Chandler Parsons, and we all ended up out with Lin for a couple hours last night. Went out to a few bars, was with Parsons and Delfino for most of the night. Met up later with Tony Douglas, James Harden, Marcus Morris.

YES, from all accounts, he is as good a guy as he seems. He turned down plenty of girls throwing themselves at him (seriously this was crazy) and he also turned down an invite from some teammates to go to the strip club. Toney Douglas gave me a free cover voucher but I never made it over there.

I post this not because I want to "show off," but because I wanted to give a neutral account of such a controversial sports figure. Personally, I always wonder about Tebow and other known Christian athletes and if they're "keeping an image," but from what I saw last night, Lin is a great guy. Probably gave a wave/handshake/"what's up" every 20 seconds over a two-hour period in one bar. I was amazed at how patient he was. I would have gone nuts. One guy kept saying "I have to tell you something" and got too close, so Lin had to push him away.

Couple tid-bits:

- the jersey-chasers there were possibly the most purely "shallow" human beings I have ever met.

- James Harden ranks Game's albums 1. Documentary 2. Doctor's Advocate 3. Jesus Piece

- Asked Lin if he wanted another beer back in the hotel room, he says "I'm just thinking about those Twizzlers" and points at these Twizzlers on the TV stand. Shrug and give him the bag.

5. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

out of the top 8 team in the west, we're the only one with the losing record against own conference.

needs to improve this

6. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

The players who deserve to be in the all star game are the players who get voted in. Period.

7. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

A majority of those votes came from china. There was an article on NBA.com talking about his large asian fanbase. and how that is where the majority of his votes are coming from. I guarantee you if only the USA could vote for the All stars Lin wouldn't be close. Why do you think its so lopsided when 61% of america says No. but yet he's right behind CP?

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

true but the record has been improving -- considering that the team is a combined 0-5 against the Spurs and Thunder in this early season already -- the record should improve going forward.

The Rockets went 1-7 in the month of november against the west -- remember this was just after the team was completely shaken up after the Harden trade and there was little to no chemistry

they then went 4-5 in december with 4 of those losses coming again to the spurs and thunder

at least in Jan so far the Rockets are 1-0

I am not saying that the Rockets will go undefeated or anything, but the west has been tougher than the east and and outside of the Spurs and Thunder -- the two best teams in the west the Rockets have fared pretty decently (6-7) so far and dont forget the two brutal OT loses to the Blazers.

I think the Rockets will start to see a lot more Ws against the west now that they have found their groove

Jan is a huge test for this team -- a lot of road games and some tough home games against the Lakers, Clippers and nuggest and not to mention the brutal 4 games in 5 nights -- twice in successive weeks.

9. Arthurprescott2

Yup. You don't care either way - so you've only been arguing it for 3+ hrs. If you actually cared, you would argue for 8+ or as long as it took, right? :rolleyes:

10. kent335

kent335 Member

I have to give the coaching staff credit. They are getting a lot more wins that I expected from a very young team with their best player not even being in training camp. The team has made remarkable improvement since the start of the season, and everyone is playing better than at the start of the season.

11. roxxy

roxxy Member

I agree with you & raskol. I hate the we are a young team excuse so we can't do what the Spurs do. It is a cop out. The Rockets are a young team & they are winning like crazy far exceeding expectations. There is no reason why we can't run actual sets down the stretch. I personally would like the Lin Harden PNR to be our go to play down the stretch with harden setting the screen & acting as the roll man or spotting up or Lin going to the basket. Harden as the roll man has great vision to pass off the roll to someone like Carlos for the 3.

I agree some fans are overzealous. But the other side is just as bad. They purposefully antagonize the die hard fans just for kicks & giggles & the result is a lack of meaningful conversation.

We will find out if he gets a flopping warning from the NBA in a few days. Personally I am not sure wether he over exaggerated contact or didn't. Nobody knows for sure & it doesn't matter from how many angles on the TV you watched it you won't for sure know. Considering the fact that Lin got hit in the nose area & he frequently gets nose bleeds I wouldn't be surprised if the impact was real.

12. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

From Blaiyan. Flop vs no flop is on this highlight.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3dD4jtInv6c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. roxxy

roxxy Member

LMAO NBA.com the font off all knowledge.

14. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

People replied to me so it's only courteous to reply back o_O.

15. The_Real_McCoy

He mentioned clutchfans in there as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTGl46YOovI

16. robotom

robotom Member

I don't really care either, but it sounds like if we ever play a pickup game, you better not fall when I headbutt you in the face.

17. norcalhussla

norcalhussla Member

u got a link to that nba article bro?

18. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Yeah, that was a shout out to Roxxy. She (I think it's a she, sorry if I'm wrong) made a point about Kyrie Irving and J-Lin the other day, and I wanted to give her props on that. She told me she wasn't sold on Irving, and I could see why she felt that way in this game.

Hope you enjoy the videos! :)

19. jeddah

jeddah Member

Old news..yes, JLin had a large Asian fanbase but do not assume that he got that 600K votes because of it..China is not collectively in-love with Lin..There are still lots of Chinese that dislike him due to the fact that he can't speak Chinese and label him as an American...Give the guy a break...61%?where did u get that? As far as I've read, Rockets has been the 2nd Most Welcomed Team in NBA in 2012....Knicks was number 2 last year, number 9 (not sure) this year...u know what it means right....

People claiming China is voting for Lin is the one I'll call delusional..

20. jeddah

jeddah Member

LOL..it's okay bro...at least 600k fans will be ecstatic...