1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bulls 3/5/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 4, 2016.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Lowry is gonna kills us.

DD

2. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

DeRozan too.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Parsons was always signing with the Mavs so it's whatever. He's better than Ariza but he still has done jack **** in the playoffs and hasn't been durable. Ariza is a big reason the Rockets got to the WCF and Parsons hasn't simply contributed to any meaningful playoff run.

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Did you watch the game.

Nobody could score a damn point but harden.

This team lacks talent. I have been saying it all year.

Harden howard Ariza and bev are the only guys who would sniff any playing time on any of the top teams in the league.

We got 1 star that's a start an aging center who's still good but not great on defense like many here thinks. He actually pretty bad most of the time.

Ariza is a nice player and if he is your 5th best player in the starting linup he's good not when he's the 3rd best player on the team. Bev is a nice back up pg that's it.

The rest of the guys are just bad.... Real bad.

5. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

I agree. Howard's defense is not even average anymore. It's actually pretty bad these days.

6. roksoer

roksoer Member

How many postups did Dmo get?

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

one. two max.

8. kevtse

kevtse Member

I dont understand why Dmo does not get more postups. He is so much better than Howard on the post.

9. Raz

Raz Member

Very frustrating to see the same mistakes this team made in November. No progress at all.

I was pretty optimistic about making a run to the 6th seed, because this team has more qualities than what they show on the court. There's no way this group should finish the season behind the Mavs or the Blazers, but right not it's reality. You won't catch these two teams with the way the Rockets played for almost the whole year, so I'm tending to think it's better to throw the season away and keep the Lottery Pick. It's worth more than a straight first round exit to the Warriors or Spurs.

1 person likes this.
  10. eman

eman Contributing Member

Agree 100%. From WCF to the lotto. Never saw this coming; never been so disappointed in a team.

11. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Is anybody shocked? Our defensive rotations are awful - if you told me 100% of the opponents possessions ended in an uncontested shot, I wouldn't be surprised. JVG had it right - Bulls had 20 TOs and STILL had 92 points early in the 4th. We're lucky it wasn't a blowout from start to finish.

Also, I think Beasely's entry to the game led to 6 straight Bulls points, essentially the turning point in the 1st Half. Great job JB!

It's hard to see us performing better than 4-11 or 5-10 over the next 15, but our final 4 games are against fairly easy competition. I would hope at that point, even if somehow we're still within 1 or 2 games of the Playoffs, Morey/JB/Les just opt to sit Harden/Howard, hopefully improving to the 12th or 13th pick.

12. chandlerbang21

Raps gonna eat this team alive

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I don't want to watch this sorry bunch of LOSERS lay down to Golden State in the playoffs! I'd rather not make the playoffs!

14. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

It's very sad to see us keep losing, making the same mistakes, not coming out focused and just make weird plays all around. Those fast breaks by Ariza and Beverley were just weird.

15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Dwight pouts like a little girl when that happens. He can't stand someone else being on the team that's better at him in the post.

16. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

And Scola.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Can't imagine being a HOU fan this season. Oh, we're down 20? Let's start trying on defense!!</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/706471713744277504">March 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A HOU official told me recently the first drill of every practice is a transition defense drill. Is anyone listening? Is it a bizarro drill?</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/706471890420899840">March 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Damn..well last night was also a transition offense drill with a huge fail number :p

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Astros season can't get here soon enough (spring training right now....)

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Wait....

The Rockets practice?