1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bulls 3/13/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 12, 2014.

1. calcium

calcium Member

:)

Now, where's that Fire McHale thread.

I think McHale is a pretty good coach for a re-building team.

But for a win-all-now team, not so good.

2. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

Tonight is understandable... he has been waiting this game in front of his people for a long time... He is still young.

3. DreamEarlNolan

I had a feeling the Rockets might be in trouble when I saw these Headlines:

Chandler Parsons Says Houston Rockets are the NBA's Best Team
    http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2014/03/chandler-parsons-says-houston-rockets-nbas-best-team/

James Harden Calls Houston Rockets the Best Team in the NBA
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...alls-houston-rockets-the-best-team-in-the-nba

Until you win a championship or have success in the playoffs I don't think it is a good idea to call yourself the best team in the NBA. It just seems you're setting yourself up for a fall.

4. TTNN

TTNN Member

that happens when TJ+ Beverley + Parsons + Harden = 21 pts, that's 80% of your starters.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol I love confidence but yeah... those are big words to live up to.

6. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

@robinlundberg: Seems inexplicable Kevin McHale would take Jeremy Lin out of the game the way he was playing.

@robinlundberg: @JoeDuff13 hates is strong...he just seems to have shortest leash (pulled for a turnover or one bad defensive play)

@robinlundberg: @JoeDuff13 sometimes people get preconceived notions it is hard for them to let go of...whatever reason...he needs more consistent minutes

7. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

i wanted mchale to start lin, dmo, and hamilton in the 2nd half...i could already tell that the starters were very slow and had no energy the 1st half.

8. Throttle

Throttle Member

"There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do - and I believe that." - Derek Jeter

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This loss really ticked me off. Waaay more than the okc loss but I'm over it because I know we can beat this team. We just need to kick Miami's a$$.

10. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Why are you even here? Go away.

11. steady

steady Member

Ah, painful loss. The Rockets are so much better than this!!!

when Feigen talks about "warning signs" I am not sure what he means, but I hope it means that the coaches realize they need to think up a Plan B for when the starters are struggling like they were tonight, to help them out a bit.

It is nothing to be ashamed of to lose to a hot Bulls team on the road, and facing Thibs-ean defensive tactics. But they have to learn from it.

12. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Mchale needs to do something else with Howard when the post up game isn't working. When it's not happening, why would you keep posting up Howard as the first option over and over.

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

IDK... theres this play called the PnR....not sure if Dwight is good at that doe

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This game was absolutely disgraceful. The Rockets should be ashamed. Especially after their recent successes.

15. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

3 games losing streak is coming.

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

The Heat, Pacers, Spurs and Clippers (since a lot of people think the Clips are contenders) have lost 2-4 games in a row. By your theory they shouldn't be contenders either. :cool:

Heat lost 3 in a row. Rockets, Spurs and Bulls.
    Pacers lost 4 in a row. Warriors, Bobcats, Rockets and Maverick
    Spurs lost 3 in a row. Heat, Rockets and Bulls
    Clippers lost 2 in a row. Spurs and Grizzles.

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I completely agree. He's not a terrible coach I admit I say things I don't really mean when I'm mad. Mchale is a good teacher but not a championship coach.

18. yummyhawtsauce

Ok i get that good teams still lose, but this is just wtfbbq. im most disappointed in bev's energy - i thought he would be the one to spark the starters up - but i guess even he has his emo nights

19. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

bev probably got too much of that home cooking..

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Beat MIA and all is well.