1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bulls 3/10/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 9, 2017.

1. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

His shoes have zero ankle support. I wanted to buy a pair but no go.

2. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Lets move on next game cleverlands. Houston has defensive and rebounds problem. They should use more Harden,and williams to do 2+1 better than shot 3

#602 elmotsangtt, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  3. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

First time quoting myself in the history of the internet.....but this has got to be done.

All I do is win.

touring_low, Houstunna and DonKnock like this.
  4. OTMax

OTMax Member

Some observations:
    - defense was just horrendous, that 1st quarter was definitely up there with the most pathetic displays if laziness and disconnectedness on defense I've seen recently. Good to say we were able to come back from it.

- our offense was our best defense, the Bulls were just shocked because we got hot and they started playing scared, tentative and out of sync.

- that being said, BEVERLEY was the man in this game!! Wade was 8 for 9 when Beverley punked him on 3 straight possessions: 1 steal, 1 in his face defense to force a horrible miss and disrupt his drive on the third. He ended up going 1-9 the rest of the way.

- Capela & Ryan Anderson showed up big!

- Gordon and Lou take some really horrible shots partly due to their quick release, they barely catch it and then immediately go up. They need to recognise when is the best time to take a shot.

- Lou goes left 90% of the time on his threes and it's way too obvious. Over a 7 game series, I'm starting to doubt he will have much impact unless he attacks off the dribble. He might get a game or two where he gets 5+ threes, but even his first game he took heavily contested ones. I think in the play-offs they will body him up and take those shots away from him.

- Nene's mid-to-long range shooting is pretty solid, hope we use it more often.

- Harden is so valuable to the team, you would think other players can make those lob passes to Capela, but nobody can do it like him.

- Harden taking away a rebound from Ariza by tapping it then grabbing it was pretty pathetic. Ariza turned to the bench like is he serious?? Harden's defense in the 1st tells me he has little pride.

- Harden's decision making after the 1st quarter was good, he made sound decisions and gave the right guys shots.

- Our shot selection was awful overall though, especially when we had the big lead and got comfortable. The 4th was the worst, because they came back from 31 to 16 just because we refused to play good basketball. Just hoisting bad three after bad three.

- Not feeding the hot hand in Anderson was one of the dumbest things and in general I've never seen us feed the hot hand. Harden did look for him.

- Beverley needs to take more shots. His 3pt shot is deadly off of a pass, way more accurate on most nights than most of our deemed better shooters partly due to their shots from way beyond the line.

- Nene is still a bull!

- Dekker was solid, he puts in the effort to make cuts to the basket but there was a serious disconnect. Three times Dekker made a cut where players expected him to be in the corner. This is more of a coaching problem than anything else. We need to implement more plays where players cut to the basket with the purpose of receiving the ball to get a lay-up, mid / close range shot or dunk.

- We won the rebounding battle in the end, which was good after giving up a lot in the 1st.

- Wiltjer got a rebound, Bobby hit a floater, MDA screamed and Bzdilek sighed

- We didn't reach 50 3pt attempts

#604 OTMax, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    ramotadab, Houtho, Mr. Clutch and 4 others like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We broke a leg.... splendid win.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and 30 points leads are fun as hell!

Houstunna, DonKnock and jayfree like this.
  7. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

8. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

and the jinx is on!

Stormy1234 likes this.
  9. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Do this after every game. This is awesome.

ramotadab and DonKnock like this.
  10. simon_!

simon_! Member

shoes has nothing to do with ankle when stepping on someones foot. he is damn lucky it happened on his way up, not down. it happend to me last week on my way down, in expensive high support shoes. im off until summer, at least, with foot looking like smurf.

maybe serious tapping would help, but to have 100 kg, jump high, and land awkwardly...i dont know.

great win, i enjoyed it. thx, rockets!

DonKnock and Stormy1234 like this.
  11. rockets13champs

I never realized how important Ryan Anderson was to our team

ramotadab likes this.
  12. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

that warriors game back in december was reason enough that signing him was worth it.

13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Lol usually shoes correlating to rolled ankles is due to insufficient grip. By all account I've seen Harden's shoes are the second best on the market behind the Kyries.

Low tops aren't going to do much for stepping on someone else's foot no matter what:)

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

rockets should of paid a bit more...more enough to pay for some to take care of his trash so he has his legs for the home games and avoid injuries

DonKnock and heypartner like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah, those passes aint easy as it looks when harden does them...that said i saw lou throwing a cuople of nice lobs to capela and harrell in a hardenesque manner in some of the previous games

ramotadab likes this.
  16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And considering how fat and out of shape he is, that's a lot of weight coming down on his ankles. And even with his slow down superpower, I'm amazed he can stop that butt do fast sometimes. Ankles of Steel.

ramotadab, Stormy1234 and DonKnock like this.
  17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

When he hits his 3s, we're almost unbeatable.

Hakeemtheking and DonKnock like this.
  18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I think I would hate watching a game with you.

ramotadab, hakeem94 and Os Trigonum like this.
  19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

This game shows you how important Ryan Anderson would have been against Utah.

The Rockets really suffered having Harden and co playing the 4 most of the night.

The team becomes a little out of rhythm due to it.

I saw a play last night where Harden and Gordon did a PNR with Harden's behind the back pass. A little wrinkle that didn't include Anderson.

I believe it led to a wide open three.

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

Fair enough. I just want this team to perform up to the level they are capable of, and they are not doing it right now. They are good, but this game showed some serious flaws we all knew about.