1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bulls 12/25/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2012.

1. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

THNX MAN..... this comment is nothing short of brilliant!

2. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

^Hahaha that's got to be from an Asian source, right? It reads right->left.

3. robotom

robotom Member

ESPN Dime Summary

For some reason the Rockets game gets in the sidebar this time around:

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-121225/daily-dime

MVP: Omer Asik. In his first game against his old team, the Turkey native had 20 points, 18 boards and 3 blocks, and the Rockets were plus-41 when he was on the floor. He played a great overall game, forcing Joakim Noah into several turnovers and slamming down some thunderous dunks on the other end.

LVP: Kirk Hinrich. He played awful defensively against Jeremy Lin and James Harden, and shot 2-of-8 from the floor. But hey, at least he didn't turn the ball over!

Defining moment: The game was already in garbage time in the third quarter, but Nate Robinson was able to come in and score 27 in the second half to make it close for a bit. Rockets coach Kevin McHale then re-inserted his starters, who easily pulled the game back out of reach, leaving the Bulls with nothing but the feelings of Tantalus.

4. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Well, it's a WIP.

At least we got on nat TV finally.

5. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Those christmas unis look great

But then again anything would look great in comparison with our usual uniforms

6. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I always thought Harden was a great pickup, but never in my imagination, he has become a superstar like he is right now. I'm sure every team would pay what the Rockets are paying him. We were all salivating for Dwight/Bynum, but we got a better player with no health issues than those biggies.

7. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

the quality of commenting for the game today
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CXl1GkWWGmA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. GIGO

GIGO Member

looks like coach Thib's postgame interview is more about the Rockets than the Bulls, especially from 0:45 on.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Se3Qhw8J8-c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. iohudave

iohudave Member

hahahahaha
    hahaha
    hahahahahahahaha

10. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Just finished watching the Memphis game and the Bulls game. Man Im speechless.

11. VanityHalfBlack

I'm so happy!!! I wanted Asik to talk for the longest, what a good gentle soul he is...

12. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

Kinda reminds me of Yao when he first came into the league...could barely understand him but he was still a likable person. As his English improved, he was actually very funny. Maybe Omer will be like Yao.

13. VanityHalfBlack

Guys??? Help me find a link to buy the Rockets christmas jersey???

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Man, give the poor guy some anti-depressant. He makes JVG's post-game pressers after losses look cheerful.

15. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

16. zdrav

zdrav Member

Little Harden is so adorable.

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

Thibs talking about how it is his job to have players ready, having them playing hard with an intensity & an edge. Also not delivering the message properly on what to do & how to be successful, god forbid. Why can't the players just be more aggressive.

Being serious, this is exactly my point. Coaches have to make players comfortable, give them that edge & intensity. If a players aren't given that then it is on the coaches. If the coach is providing that to the player but the player isn't delivering then the player can be blamed but it has to be provided first. This applies to all players & coaches of all sports at all levels. This is the school of thought I subscribe to & always have.

18. VanityHalfBlack

Thanks, yeah I'm hoping they have other players as well, I have like 2 Lin jerseys already (LOF, obviously) Is there a Harden swingmen jersey yet??? I went to Rocket shop last couple of games in November and they didn't have one made yet?

19. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

But you do not have problems with people trashing only one player, do you?

20. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Having followed both Harden and Lin since their high school days, it is truly gratifying to see them both developing into the players they are today. Both are/have been phenomenal players at every stage of their bball lives. Harden has always been a super efficient shooter and Lin has always had amazing court vision.

As a social commentary, what has also been puzzling to me is the doubt and hate ( yes, these two go hand in hand when it comes to Lin) that has been directed at JLin in his whole life even now, that was never an issue with Harden. Someone once said that only Lebron and Kobe generated as much hate or polarization as JLin, and the difference is both Lebron (the Decision) and Kobe (Colorado) have been in the league long enough and have done or not done certain things to almost " deserve" the hate. What has Jeremy done?

Even now certain faction of the Houston Rockets fan base is still not fully behind one of their own players, and they probably never will...

Merry Christmas! Peace on Earth and Good Will to Men.