1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bulls 12/11/2020 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 10, 2020.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If Kenny Woo Woo can shoot threes then that means every big man on the team can.
    Very, very interesting.

jakedasnake, D-rock and MrButtocks like this.
  2. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Honestly some of my fav Rockets teams were those scrappy Adelman transitional teams we had pre Harden trade. There’s a BIG part of me who thinks a Harden trade for picks and assets only sounds nice. Let this team compete and have a hell of a good time watching them.

D-rock and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

25 assists to 5 turnovers was nice. The defense was also on point for the first 3.5 quarters. I didn't see us give up a bunch of easy layups which was a concern with our more flexible scheme. Can't take much from a preseason game against the Bulls but at least our big guns look healthy and rust free.

D-rock likes this.
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The Bulls really suck lol.

There was a ton of miscommunication I saw on defense last night. There were times that Cousins switched onto the perimeter player and they didn't abuse him when they should have. There were several times that players didn't understand when to switch. Like Coach Silas said, a lot of work to do on the defensive end. I'm glad he's spent 80% of the time on defense in training camp, because as we witnessed last night, scoring should not be a problem for this team. This was a team missing two of it's main offensive weapons (credit the Bulls really shitty D as well). Defensively, if we can get PJ back, he should help solve some of the communication issues (people really underrate this aspect of PJs game).

HP3, D-rock and fckbandwagons like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

well the 3 is harder to guard when you dont know if the opponent gonna blow by you and or shoot midrange

8. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

MDA tried it before but the problem is selective switching leads to miscommunication easily.

D-rock likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ALL TRU...i would still like to remove it tho pls pm me if you find the way

10. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Dude sounds like a real team player and just much more articulate than Harden or Russ... it’s kinda fresh.

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

NGL, I had forgotten about how good John Wall was until this game.

I hope Westbrick bombs for the Washington so I can say we clearly won the trade.

Also, it's pretty refreshing to see so much movement on the court instead of the old Harden ISOs.

Although, watching guys playing tonight makes me think of how easy scoring comes to Harden.

linvetb6 and bmelo like this.
  12. Bo6

Bo6 Member

no one talking much but really liked what I saw out of Tate and Thomas. Both look like they could be valuable wing rotation players.

Clemons...yikes. he gets open shots but has 0 confidence.

D-rock, linvetb6 and fckbandwagons like this.
  13. kiwirocketsfan

Wow, great to see so many new players contribute and hit some 3s.

Nwaba looks interesting especially.

Weirdest thing is the tension of expecting someone’s leg to explode every time Wall or Cousins has the ball.

14. kkthksbai

kkthksbai Member

Really great to see everyone playing so well. The Bulls D is trash but still it was nice. But damn man...every time Wall or Boogie hit the deck I was gasping for air. Probably going to be like that all season.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I really believe we got both of these players at the perfect time. I see them getting through this first year back and Boogie will get a big offer next year and that’s when he might get hurt unfortunately.

D-rock likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wooten had as many 3's as Wall in same number of attempts.

I was surprised too.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Really?

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Green is Houston

HTINE HOL IT DINE

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Those were nice teams. Yao gave us hope. Artest too for one fleeting season.

McGrady was a roller coaster ride from hell.

But my ABSOLUTE favorite teams were the 90's championship teams led by legendary player Hakeem "the Dream" Olajuwon.

Now those teams were exhilarating to watch and root for.

Having a transcendent player on your team should be cherished and appreciated.

Those kind of players are not promised for all teams, so the franchises who have them should never take them for granted.

I felt the same with Moses Malone too.

Richie_Rich likes this.