1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bucks 3/26/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 25, 2019.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Thats fair but there was nothing to do this game from dudes no hitting open shots.

RoyalGuard likes this.
  2. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I hate when people bring up Giannis' rebounding. He's 6ft 11! I would hope he would get a lot rebounds if our players are bricking like hell.

3. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

Lol “chucker”

4. Zergling

Zergling Member

These Bucks are really freaking good. I think they would've beaten even last year's Rockets. Just too much length to bother Harden and the rest of the team.

Lopez is a horrible matchup for Capela.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i think Chris is clearly on the downward spiral at this point, which is understandable considering his age and injuries...he's still vital for us and he had some great games this season, but overall he's just not looking as good/consistent as last season when he was always healty outside of that January/February period.

The problem is we have no guarantee he's going to be at his best again, it's possible this is the Chris Paul we're going to see most of times going forward, that's why we still need to add another star.

Reeko likes this.
  6. Zergling

Zergling Member

It bothers me that while we shoot more 3s than anyone, the Bucks figured out the beauty of having their center stay at the 3pt line all day and shoot open threes before we did. Meanwhile we're stuck with Capela with zero shooting range.

7. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Yes there where a few. 1 never took house out the game when he was on fire. 2. Played a legit 7ftr when CC needed to rest more. 3 gave Clark more minutes. I would've even settled for Nene for a stretch. PJ tucker as much as I like his game he CAN'T be the 5

RetroRockets and Little Bit like this.
  8. jowman

jowman Member

Coulda gotten Lopez over the summer. Don’t think he was that expensive.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

nah, last year’s Rockets were better defensively and on the glass, and CP3 was much better

last year’s Rockets didn’t need Harden to drop 50 and 60 points in order to win like this year’s squad often does

Mr. Space City likes this.
  10. riko

riko Member

Harden and Giannis both had average games it came down to the supporting casts. Outside of Clint our supporting cast was badly outplayed. Paul had his moments early was wasn’t great. Gordon was atrocious. Some of his turnovers were junior high stuff.

Tucker was a bricklayer tonight . In the end Bledsoe , cunnington, Middleton and Sterling badly out played our supporting cast. They play defense as well as any team I have seen probaly the KG’s Celtics.They pack the paint with two athletic behemoths who cover both ends of the basket for the drives from all angles and dare you to beat them from the three.. sadly outside of House no one could hit on a regular basis.

#1690 riko, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  11. SORF

SORF Member

Capela….36 8-11fg, 0-0, 1-1FT, 2 9 11 rebounds, 2, 1, 2 blocks, 1 2 -15 17pts
    Giannis...33 7-15fg, 0-2, 5-7FT, 2 12 14rebounds, 4, 1, 1 blocks, 5 3 +7 19pts

If Giannis is a MVP candidate, well so should Capela be considered for MVP….their stats are similar. :rolleyes:

Gray_Jay and BigShasta like this.
  12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Great game, Rockets.

Bucks undermanned yet you still losem

Smmfh

13. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

That's what I mean. Giannis has had a good season, but he can be very thankful he has the team and coach he has. Also, he can also be thankful his team has had no injuries to key players for the most part.

On another night we would have won this game. Stupid turnovers leading to at least 8 easy points in the first half..... and bad shooting in the 2nd half.

14. bro2044

bro2044 Member

This lineup isn't working.... people can say what they will, but I believe in...

Capela
    Faried
    Tucker
    Harden
    Paul

Nene
    House
    Green
    Gordon
    Rivers

Paul mainly handles the ball, our bigs energy make up for a little lack in size so more better rebounding and blocks/collapsing, Tucker is at a better position for him, and the bench is potent.

**shrug**

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Are they "real" good or "fake" good?

Remember how great we looked in game 1, 2017 semifinals vs Spurs: we won 126-99!! Then we lost the series!

So tonight we are not as bad as we looked and they are not as good as they looked

I liked Capelas posterization of GiAnus
    I liked CP3's 3 point ankle breaker over DJ Wilson
    I liked House and Clark's shooting
    I liked no injuries incurred tonight

That's all the positivity I got !

#1695 Tfor3, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    Roc Paint and HP3 like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

He can when hes hitting threes, which is the point. Clark yea probably, House cooled off even when he got time bro, nothing was saving that. Nene is too old now. So yea not much adjustments for this game.

Tfor3 likes this.
  17. riko

riko Member

Bud was the defensive coach under pop so you better believe he knows what he is doing.Giannis has probaly the deepest team in the league to operate with.

18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

ESPN Radio said Giannis should 100% be MVP winner... They are laughing at Harden's ads in Milwaukee, and Tucker’s shirt...

Sign..

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Harden tried to play the right way tonight like they wanted.

Steve Smith even mentioned Harden playing the right way.

Alas....

:D

PeterKingX likes this.
  20. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Look at the differences for the 3pt%. They shot 41.2% and we shot 30.8%. If we shoot as well as them, or even if they shoot as badly as us, that's the difference.

As I said, on another night, without those stupid first half turnovers, and with us shooting a little better..... we would have won comfortably tonight.

BigShasta likes this.