1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bucks 2/8/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Clarinetmonster

UPDATE: Asik was a full participant in Friday's practice as well, prompting McHale to say that he expects the 27-year-old to be available for the Rockets' Saturday night matchup with the Milwaukee Bucks.

"I would think Omer is going to play tomorrow," he said. "Granted, we’ll see how he feels. This is the most he’s done, and if his knee swells up again he won’t play tomorrow night. But if he can come through tonight and tomorrow’s shootaround then I think he’ll play."

Sorry, am I the most prolific poster in the history of CF?? I still blame it on the meds. I'll TRY to control myself, sorry guys.:(

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Dragic and Lowry are LeBron compared to Lin.

3. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

You have to keep in mind that Berri has a dog in the fight, Wins Produced. He's hardly going to say that another metric is as good or better than his.

4. qiantom1999

qiantom1999 Rookie

If you are as dumb as your post below seems, whatever. If not, look up the stats of fgp% on drives on nba.com and come back.

5. Clarinetmonster

That was Kyle's 2nd season as a starter, correct? - where he averaged 14 and 6- and the season before that where he averaged 13 and 6 - I realize that he put up good #'s when he was a starter vs bench in '11-'12, but he was A) a second year starter B) playing almost 36min a game with 21USG - not saying he's not good but that's not all star good, whether some people feel he was snubbed or not - he's still not all star good, Dragic is. I think Lowry can potentially get there, but I don' know that he'll ever be voted in.

6. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Missed FGs from fouls aren't accounted for on FG%. Strength doesn't allow Lin to finish as good as Lowry/Dragic. He ends up on floor too many times.

7. Houstunna

Supporting Member

hence "borderline"

8. qiantom1999

qiantom1999 Rookie

If it is a foul, it is not a missed FG. What are you talking about?

There is player tracking stats on drives now. Educate yourself on those stats before you post anything related. They do account for fouls and assists on drives.

9. Clarinetmonster

Yet Lin puts up 13.5 and 6.1 in his first year as a starter in less minutes than Lowry's first year which was 13.5 and 6.7, and one is a borderline all star, the other one is so far beneath him that you have to say Lowry is LeBron compared to Lin??? What universe are you currently residing in? Not a logical one for sure.

10. Clarinetmonster

fixed.

11. Houstunna

Supporting Member

I'm talking about what I said. It went over your head so far, you couldn't even re-type it.

"Educate"

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You are being dishonest. You completely ignored his rebounding and steals, and rounded down his points and assists.

Kyle Lowry averaged 14/7/5/2, before the illness that took him out for a month his numbers were even better across the board.

Plus, your argument was that he was not "borderline all-star good". That's far from the truth.

13. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Lowry should honestly have been an All Star in the garbage East this season. Dragic had a good argument for All Star too.

14. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Lowry's numbers come WITH defense.

15. Clarinetmonster

I never said he was not borderline all star good, he is- I said not all star good right now, or then - and yes, i rounded down, sorry. Even now, with 16. whatever and 7. whatever, that's not gonna cut it in a league where the alpha PG's are putting up around 20ppg and whatever assists - ppg is the end all be all in a lot of people's minds (along with flashy athletic play) when it comes to all star selections (not saying I agree) - and the #'s still aren't good enough to get in by the coaches. Maybe next year.

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Just pointing out what you said.

Also, I disagree. Lowry is definitely all-star good this season, he was just snubbed. I'm pretty sure it's a consensus amongst practically any regular NBA watcher that Kyle Lowry was snubbed, and any respected NBA analyst would agree that Lowry deserved the spot over Joe Johnson.

Here is a nice article about it.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/10-thoughts-about-the-nba-all-star-game-selections/

17. Clarinetmonster

Now you're reaching dude. They both have their strengths and weaknesses on both ends of the court and are really very different players. Jeremy averaged more steals and more blocks than Lowry in their respective first years as starters and Lin is ranked much higher in defensive impact this year than Lowry. Before you all start screaming about the eye test - I'm not saying Lin is the better defender, but the smaller quicker player has their strengths and the longer taller, better team defender has his strengths too.

18. Clarinetmonster

Wow, I was talking about how people on this board back in 2010 felt about Lowry, NOT ME.

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Then you probably shouldn't have been so blatantly dishonest when you tried to make your point that people did not consider Lowry a borderline all-star when he was with the Rockets. Bringing up poll numbers and opinions of Lowry when he was 23 and a backup to Aaron Brooks, really?

20. Clarinetmonster

One more thing before I go do something more productive than correcting falsehoods and hyperbole. Why don't you go back and look at the head to head matchups between Lowry and Lin and tell me how Lowry is Lebron compared to Lin - if that's true someone better give that message to Lin so he stops playing so well against Lowry.