1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bucks 2/8/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2014.

1. vladyx92

vladyx92 Member

Sometimes I wish we had kept Delfino on the team...I know we had to make cap room to sign Dwight to a max, but imagine how good Delfino was compared to Casspi/Garcia. I wish him a speedy recovery, though Milwaukee is not the most exciting place to play after dunking on Kevin Durant in the playoffs...

Predicting a 20+ win tonight in Milwaukee. We need to take care of the bad teams, especially the E-league ones!

2. verysimplejason

It's time to showcase the trade assets... Go Rockets!!!

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Finished that sentence for you, don't be in such a rush next time man!:p

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The DwighAsik combo definitely makes us a contender. Our defensive numbers plummet w/o a true C on the floor and Asik allows us to have 48 minutes of inside presence. I'd rather add a wing defender than a PG. We already have guys who dominate the ball on O.

Don't cry in my juice.

Dragic is better. Those extra points really help when you lose by <10.

5. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

Dragic would be sulking right now... probably faking a injury like Asik...

you had him playing back up the first time around... and couldnt give him what he wanted contract wise...

now folks like you want us to think he would be getting multiple picks/screens set for him on this Rockets team like he is getting in Phoenix

yeah okay

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

We win this. Hopefully easily, but I don't really care about the score as long as we get the W.

7. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Lin doesn't start..... boo hoo.

Dragic was a backup because of Lowry.

Those 2 guys have something in common..... they're both better than Lin.

8. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

I really dont care if Lin starts or not... they both have another thing in common they went to other teams and are doing better...

and didnt want to be here...

just like Lin will be doing better in the future...

9. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

like I said these days, I only tune in to watch the first few plays Lin is involved in if he told to run to the 3 point line...

then I know he will have an average game

and just tune in in the 4th when he runs up his totals and makes 3 to 5 shots and brings up his points in the game to 13 or 15

then I check his shooting %

10. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Lowry's PER his final season with HOU and current are 18.8 / 19.7. He's doing better, I guess, but that insignificant increase is just a weak argument.

Goran's increase is more sizable.... 18.0 / 22.3. Much of that can be attributed to his increased minutes... 8 extra minutes compared to Kyle's 4. Goran wanted to be here, PHX just gave him a better offer.

Every true Rocket fan hopes Lin plays better while he's on the team... but your argument about other players doing better after leaving is feeble.

11. Clarinetmonster

I was being facetious, and if you think he would give us 10 more points per game, you need your head checked. Yes he's better, bet he's supposed to be better.

12. Clarinetmonster

Wow, PER. What an awesomely useful stat. That shows us that Both Lowry and Dragic were (when they were here) and are both better than Chandler Parsons as well.:rolleyes: Also shows us that Bev is almost useless (11 PER) :rolleyes:

13. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Dragic is supposed to be better. That explains it.

14. Clarinetmonster

Well, first of all he was actually drafted - second he's been playing pro ball since 2003, third he has more physical gifts than Lin...should I keep going? Yes, he's supposed to be better - with his talent and experience, if he wasn't better than Lin, especially at this point, he would be having a very disappointing career. They are both maximizing their talents, one just has more. Ok bye.

15. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Hopefully you're a woman since you like rolling your eyes.

Anyways, I used PER for the simplest breakdown... could go deeper if you like. Also, Lowry and Dragic have an argument as being better than Parsons, past and presently.

Most of Beverley's prowess is defense. Judging him by PER is another weak argument. Somebody must've beaten your head with that clarinet.

16. Clarinetmonster

Love you too - that's why PIE is a better rating, but still not ideal.

17. Clarinetmonster

Also, I was not judging Bev by his PER, just showing how useless PER is as a stat, because of course, he's far from useless, but his PER shows him as well below average for the league. PER rewards chuckers.

18. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Calling PER useless is simply untrue, but hey, since you're arguing you will be disingenuous. It's no coincidence the top PERs in league history (and year-by-year) coincide with the best players.

btw- the higher your FG%, the higher your PER. So if you are chucking, better do it efficiently as possible.

19. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

Whoever keeps saying Lin is better than Dragic need to take off the homer shades. :rolleyes:That's worse than when Knick fans said Lin was better than Dragic and Lowry during Linsanity. That's why you ant judge people based off of small sample sizes. Dragic would be killing it in Houston with us. He probably wont get the amount of touches he has in Phoenix, but he would still be effective.

20. Clarinetmonster

I didn't hear literally anyone saying Lin is better than Dragic, did you?