1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bucks 11/29/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 29, 2014.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

uhh no he doesnt... D-mo had 2 good games, Terence was playing out of his mind when he got hurt.

2. nobie

nobie Member

Jones only played 4games this season, i highly doubt he can keep up his stats like that. But sure he did earn his starting spot. But do you really think he can keep up his 3pt 43% and 2bpg??

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I'd be surprised if he sustained a 43% 3pt record. In fact shocked.
    But as for the rest, what do you think he averaged last year???

As a starter, he was 13ppg 7.3rpg and 1.3 bpg. 55% from the field, and 31% from 3.
    I would certainly expect him to keep his stats 'up like that' this season. Players tend to make the big stride between seasons 2 and 3 (clearly Motie has). Jones WAS making that stride before his injury - why do you think and extra ppg and rpg is beyond him?

If he continues to defend as he did in those early games, and shot close to 35% from 3, then he would be the dream player wouldn't he???

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I think he can stay around 1.8 blocks a game and around 36% from 3... Jones is a good player and i dont get why people dont realize that.

Its probably because he doesnt command the ball to be effective, the difference between D-mo and Jones is that when Jones is the 4th or 5th option on the floor he is still productive.

D-mo needs to be a primary option to be used best. which is why I believe he is better suited off the bench once the team regains full strength. This is similar to the Bev-Lin scenario, two players that are probably pretty equal in talent but one fits better with the rest of the machine.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think Jones should start, and Dmo backs up both Howard and Jones...they should limit Howards minutes until his knee is 100%...

Of course, that is predicated on Jones knee healing sooner rather than later, same for Dho.

DD

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think even just getting jones back and letting howard rest even all of December would be enough to get This team to 10-4 or 11-3 for the month of December. Dmo and jones should be dynamic on offense and defensively while none of them our dwight ( no one is) but it should be solid enough to win games.

I just want cannan back ASAP tho him and harden are building something special to
    Me. Does anyone think cannan reminds them of dame Lillard?

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

So you like TJo and DHo being backed up by DMo?

8. bongman

bongman Member

Good thing that is the naming convention used. If we went with the JET format, Cisco's name would be a bit awkward.

Hint: his middle name is Alberto

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It's what I hear people saying when he gets the ball...

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Anybody perplexed with Dorsey? He comes in and plays solid D, rebounds, block shots and then... takes himself out of the game after 4 minutes due to stamina? Dude, Deke at 56 years of age has more endurance than you!

1 person likes this.
  11. nobie

nobie Member

Didnt DMo had similar problem last year as well? I remember he seemed gassed after few mins.

12. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

maybe he jacked up his foot again or didn't want to wreck his awesome line.

13. kaunomanas

kaunomanas Member

In this particular game DMO showed some very fast body movements, like a point goard. Speed, fast ball release on shoots, defenders even unable to react. Show me 7 footer with speed like that: http://youtu.be/1JYK0_iHxHE?t=2m7s