1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bucks 11/29/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We shouldn't be too down about that loss... we can beat them.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Perhaps at full strength.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So we don't count wins against the other playoff teams then? Wins that our team was injured? Like the Spurs and Mavs?

Spurs are a big team, the champs actually...no credit for that?

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think their beatable also, The only team that beat us that scares me is Memphis. I want to see this team at full strength against the grizz, if we hold our own and I see we can get good looks on them I'll be sold that we might be the best team in basketball.

Right now

Grizz and gsw the best right now.

Spurs, rockets right behind.

Portland, Cavs Imo in the 3rd group that have a chance to be real threats to win it all.

Dallas, clippers, Toronto, wiz and bulls are not true contenders because they don't have a top 5 player on their team. (Not a fan of cp3 and griffin as being the lead guy or best player on a championship team).

The rockets are legit we might not get the publicity for what we're doing but beating dallas, sac and the bucks in one week is awesome for any team let alone one that is down 3 starters 2 happen to be the starting front court and the other is your 2nd team all defensive player. We should be losing but harden is doing what mvp top 5 players do and thats win gam a and hold it down while the guys get healthy.

James harden is the best player in the NBA right now because no player could be doing what he's doing right now with this depleted roster.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Great game, and a much needed win.

Terry was amazing tonight! Turned back the clock a few years. He's been so much more valuable than expected.

Harden probably had one of his top games of the year tonight. Just crazy how he took over the game in the 3rd. His defense is so good this year two, and he has great strips of big guys down low. He's finally at around 41% FG shooting, look for that to creep up the rest of the year to about 43-44% by the end of the season.

Dorsey had his first good game of the year and it was great to see. Black also played solid. I said this before but he kinda reminds me of Greg Smith from a couple years ago, he's already improved a lot from the beginning of the season and I see him giving us 10-15 mpg of solid play by the end of the season.

Motiejunas with another great game. So good to see him finally playing well. As long as he leaves those jumpers alone and sticks to the post area he is much better offensively. Will be interesting to see if he can positively impact the game once Dwight gets back.

And what a dunk by Kostas!

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Greg Smith was the opposite of Black? Greg Smith was an elite finisher who played no D. Black is all hustle, but cant buy a hoop near the ring!

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

:confused: It's not being a homer to point out we are missing DH and Tjones when we met GS and Memphis, that's plain fact. LOL what about if we meet GS at full strength and they don't have Steph Curry or Memphis doesn't have both Gasol and ZBO, how do you think that turns out? :rolleyes: There's no point looking at those games because Dwight's health is something out of our hands, in the playoffs if we don't have Dwight then there's no chance at a ring, simple as that. And to be honest that applies to every team out there, what are the chances of OKC without KD? Clips without CP3? Cavs without Lebron? Spurs without TD? Etc.

If you look at the debbie downers talk it's like the Rox are 0-16 LOL! Sorry to say this, but no team will have a perfect record, even the MJ Bulls had losses so why are you flipping over losses to other contending teams esp. when the Rox weren't at full strength?

8. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

[​IMG]

so memphis and golden state are big teams because they beat us shorthanded and the champs aren't a big team because we beat them shorthanded. how about dallas then, they are good and we beat them shorthanded?

1 person likes this.
  9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

10. MadMaxwell

MadMaxwell Member

Harden is an absolute beast.

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I liked our offense in the early part of the 4th qtr when Harden was resting. We kept feeding Motie and he would drive into the lane and drop the pass to Papa twice.

So allowing out big to create.

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Larry Sanders is an a-hole. Giannis is learning American trash-talking but his physique really doesn't make him look intimidating. LOL

13. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Yeah I thought they were great.

14. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Did he tap Harden softly on the butt?

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Gianni's is a good player.

So raw, but he has some KD in him.

17. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Garbage post.

18. Remii

Remii Member

The Alphabet is another player I wanted Morey to trade Parsons for. A lot of potential with that kid.

19. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Loved this game

20. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

It took GSW until the last 3 minutes of the game to beat us. If you remember correctly, we were in control of that game for much of the first half and were competitive until Curry got hot and we just didn't have enough.

The Memphis lost was a scheduled lost, in my opinion. Second night of a back to back, no Jones, last game of a long road trip, offense was sputtering at that time, Memphis was playing amazing basketball - all of the factors pointed to a Memphis win. Would have liked to have been more competitive in that game but there will be some games you're just going to lose in the NBA season. I am worried about us matching up with them especially with even more injuries this time around.

Bottom line is that the Rockets are doing some incredible things. The dark horse storyline of this season so far has to be how we are winning with so many injuries to key players and how Harden has become a superstar player. He totally deserves to win Player of the Month just because he is doing more with less talent than anyone else right now. 25ppg, 7apg, 6rpg, 2spg and 1bpg and leading an undermanned team to a 13-4 record is unbelievable.

Also, everyone wants to criticize Houston's easy schedule so far this season but it's not like MEM or GSW are playing extremely tough schedules. They've played their share of weak teams as well.

1 person likes this.