1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bobcats 3/24/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 24, 2014.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Anyone still wondering why we played Howard so much tonight? I rather not have him log 30+ minutes the first game back from injury...

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His injury was a cyst drainage... of all surgeries he had this was minor.

3. bmd

bmd Member

JVG and Hubie Brown don't have the same job to do as Bill Worrell. Bill does what Mike Breen does.

Mike Breen and JVG have different jobs. JVG does what Matt Bullard does.

You can't really compare Bill Worrell to JVG.

4. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

no need to be upset over someone's criticism unless you like Bill. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Howard is a star and stars usually show up in the playoffs. Harden is our mvp, but D12 has been our iron man this season. Chill out.

6. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BPmVNpT2mRk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. yummyhawtsauce

OK! sorry if I offended anyone. I was just voicing my opinion. People are really defensive of Bill on this forum.

8. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

thanks. only he plays more minutes. ;)

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Bill has been calling Rockets games since many of us were barely teenagers. He has his faults, but Bill Worell is a near Rocket institution. Show some respect.

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

BTW, 48 wins with 12 games still to go. Unbelievable, and for those bashing on D12, we don't get anywhere near 48 wins without his contributions.

11. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The Rockets win and still you complain. I like Lin, but most of his fans are ridiculous.

12. MadMaxwell

MadMaxwell Member

great win….nasty dunk by harden

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If we go 7-5 the rest of the way, and we should do better than that, in my opinion, we'd finish the regular season with 55 wins. 55wins! That would be remarkable.

14. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Howard will not see a double team in the post in the playoffs. That means he has to make quicker decisions on either getting to his spots and making shots or passing it back out and resetting for a lob or a pick and roll play. He'll probably play team ball in the playoffs and make the adjustments.

15. Salvy

Salvy Member

:p

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Bill Worrell is a Rockets legend- you are a flyspeck on this board- TWII.

17. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

totally agree (I'm a Lin Fan), McHale makes the right call on the game. I say right because we WON the game. Will it be a blow-out ending win with Lin, maybe, but we won the game. Does it matter? I guess not. Lin contributed for the win - and that makes me happy even if he don't finish the game. A coach give us a win with his decision on the floor. Will they review the game along with previous games and make it as reference in future calls/decision in the floor. I assume they do. But as long as they get to win and everyone contributed - I am happy. I don't like a loosing team with Lin in it. Come on, guys, Lin has a chance to get into the playoffs, he has the chance to be in the WCF. I don't see McHale not playing him if he is not healthy - so I will see more Lin post season. THAT, makes me happy.

And for all those calling on Dwight, yeah, this is CF when you are as good as your last Game. Remember what Dwight gave to Houston over the season and the potential he can bring us moving forward. The guy comes back from injury, don't be like the Lakers fan who blames him (maybe not all), he will have his moments that will make us proud he is a Rockets. Lot of posters who call out iso-harden or haren in the past is now "mum" with what Harden has been doing . . . i hope Dwight and Lin and the rest of guys, yes, including Casspi/Garcia will make you mum too. Because, when that happens, it means we got a sick, deep team rolling into the Finals!

1 person likes this.
  18. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

^ if he is HEALTHY (McHale will play him).

19. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

In summary, Jenopogi claims he is not ridiculous... ;)

20. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

He has a right to complain, just like you have a right to say most of lin fans are ridiculous, although I think it is ridiculous for you to say that.