1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 5/2/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i3artow i3aller

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'm sorry, but maybe KG was right.
    He cut off complete communication with Ray Allen after he left.
    Don't consort with the enemy. Anyone not on your team is the enemy!

3. yunac010

yunac010 Member

THIS. Why is McHale too incompetent to realize this.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm definitely in a funk after the loss. There's no other way to put it. I don't think I'll be watching any basketball today, and maybe not for the rest of the playoffs. It's all just going to be too painful seeing other teams doing what the Rockets should be doing, and came so close to having a chance of doing.

In the end I don't really care about assigning blame. Harden came back and had a good game five. Maybe because of the sensitivity of Lin fans, but I feel almost inclined to think all of his mistakes are under the spotlight and gets too much focus.

I don't want to blow up the team. I like all of these guys.

Lin is a good back up pg. Better than most back up PG's.

Dwight stepped it up and showed us he's ready.

Harden is young. He turned it around in the clutch of game 5 and was back to his amazing self during game 6.

On the last play when it was obvious they were going to set some picks to try and get Lillard open and the Rockets matched Parsons with him, I thought the Rockets were going to try and switch on the pick and have Beverley move over and cover Beverley. But the way they ran the play there was no way that was going to happen. What a damn shame.

I hate that Mo Williams is still in the playoffs.

Portland played the way a winning team plays, and the won. Oh well.

To add insult to injury I'm watching the Astros game on MLB network and they have the Seattle feed. For some reason they wanted to show some pacific northwest unity and decided to show the Lillard shot between innings.

5. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

rockets should root for the hawks tonite...this might make it easier for him to get the boot out of indy

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Misery loves company and I'd really love it if OKC, Indy, and GSW lose tonight...I think the Clippers have the best chance to get to the finals this year, before they physically break down next year. Guaranteed.

Atleast the Rockets wont be the talk of the town...

7. Allegro

Allegro Member

What a Donald Sterling attitude.

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Clever AND original.

I have called that poster out AND proven him wrong about players getting criticized before. His crap is old, tiring and generally not true.

9. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

I am talking basketball, a dumb mistake made by 2 players who have done a last minute switch which costs us the game. The Lin comparison is only an observation and questioning why no one say one word against Bev whose strength is defense and yet he made 2 bone-headed mistakes causing us the game. 1) switching, why? He is the speedy guy assigned to Lillard. That was why Lin was yanked to give him he chance to shut down Lillard. 2) failing to switch back when it was obvious Lillard was moving towards Mo William to get a screen from him. Bev never even saw that coming? Why? These are bb questions. I am talking bb, so why side step the discussion to protect your favorite guy? This stupid mistake costs us the game. So discus it or shut up.

10. Allegro

Allegro Member

But in that specific instance, fxbillie was right: Lin does get far more vicious treatment here than he has earned. Your statement that fairness is unimportant is very like Donald Sterling.

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Mistakes happen. Especially with young inexperienced players. I chalk Lins plays up to the same thing, youth and inexperience. You won't find any posts from me placing sole blame on Lin for our losses. They happened, they hurt, all we can do is hope they learn from it.

No one we are discussing is my favorite guy on this team so I'm not trying to protect anyone. And I still stand by my post. All your ranting just seemed like trying to make things even with criticism. You were mad Lin got it and you wanted to even the score.

12. ChippedToothLin

How could u jeremy Lim

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This better be a ******* joke.

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Why did Mchale have Jones guarding Batum who was inboundn the ball on that last play. Heart breaking loss but im proud of our team. We will be a force to reckon with.

15. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

lol which part are you mad about?

16. coffeelover665

I'm still so sad

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Because Asik fouled out and because McHale is a moron.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I can barely function after that playoff series. Sat in silence most of the day.

I am irritable to be around.

I have an irrational hatred for anything even remotely related to Portland.

YET JEREMY "I DONT KNOW WHEN TO CALL A TIMEOUT" LIN IS PERFECTLY FINE JUST HAVING A NICE NIGHT OUT WITH THE BLAZERS BOYS AT THE CLUB?!

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

this actually made me laugh... the only thing all day that has

20. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Is this what Choke City feels like?

I said earlier that we weren't choking this series, but we certainly choked on that last defense. Sadly Clutch City won't come about for a year...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.