1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 5/2/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocketeer Bang

All the what ifs just tells you how tough this loss is for the die hard Rockets fans to swallow. What if Asik didn't pick up his silly 6th offensive foul while Lin was spotting up for a 3?

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I feel like Kevin will step down on his own.

3. YourSecretLover

wow. this doesnt look got for us.

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

He'll have no choice if we don't pick up his last year on his contract.

5. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

I dont hate Lilliard, they deserved to win Because they clearly got a better coach that draws great plays. The Rockets didn't deserve to win with the way McHale has been coaching.

6. Andrew Wiggins

Final minute:

-Aldridge pushed Asik, Asik embellished to get the call and fell down then Aldridge missed the wide ope jumper.

-Lin knocks down the three, IT'S OVER, We're up 5! But wait they waived it off.

-Batum knocks down a fade away jumper to tie the game.

-Harden shoots, Mathews is right under him and doesn't give him room to land (foul), then Dwight gets fouled on the tip in, again no call. They call Mo Williams for in and out. Still a tie game with 28 seconds, but instead of getting 2 free throws and capitalizing on the two for one, we are forced to use up the clock for 1 last shot.

- Harden barely misses the jumper, Parsons tips it in with 0.9 left to go up by 2. At this point it HAS to be over, right? Nope. We are Rockets fans.

7. kastuul

kastuul Member

Jeremy Lin showed how to stop the pass to Lillard.

[​IMG]

8. Andrew Wiggins

Nobody cares about a few idiots on twitter.

Fixed.

I still think we win if McHale doesn't call that time out. And I'm over it.

9. torocan

torocan Member

I get the frustration, but those tweets were low class.

I don't blame Lillard for making a shot that we weren't anywhere near ready to defend.

10. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

Can this team get back to where we were this year? Serious question.. Its tough in the west to get a top 4 seed.. Nothings ever promised.. And thats why im so distraght after this lost.. Just crushes my heart..

11. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Thinking about this after a nights rest, there's no shame in losing to the Blazers. In watching this playoffs, they strike me as the most complete team - better than the Mavs, Spurs, Clippers, Warriors, etc. I could easily see them winning the Finals this year, they just have so few weaknesses.

12. tefunk

tefunk Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Omg Lillard and Jeremy Lin is out partying now gotta find which club !!!!!</p>&mdash; Babykungaroo (@babykungaroo) <a href="https://twitter.com/babykungaroo/statuses/462511931509579776">May 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p> omg just saw LILLARD at 5th ave</p>&mdash; Babykungaroo (@babykungaroo) <a href="https://twitter.com/babykungaroo/statuses/462517430607020032">May 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Yassssssssssssssi just talked to Jeremy Lin. Like I cannot. Tonight's been ****ing amazing</p>&mdash; Babykungaroo (@babykungaroo) <a href="https://twitter.com/babykungaroo/statuses/462523841411948544">May 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bae <a href="http://t.co/21LUXf9EUO">pic.twitter.com/21LUXf9EUO</a></p>&mdash; Babykungaroo (@babykungaroo) <a href="https://twitter.com/babykungaroo/statuses/462524197961351168">May 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

13. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

To be a good defender, sometimes you need high basketball IQ too. Lin for example, has high basketball IQ and therefore can defend the ball better at one on one and have the awareness to front player ...but Parson is just stupid and failed to front Lilliard. So Parson physically a good defender but dumb IQ on that play. Lin,not a good defender physically, but smart defensive IQ. I'll take Lin over Parson on the last play call.

14. junk151

junk151 Member

Lillard is pretty quick. He was able to catch the ball and rise up to shoot in 0.00 seconds. Now that's quick :)

[​IMG]

15. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

Umm no Westbrook's deserves an ACL tear...Lilliard deserves to ho to the WCF for the way they played. I still don't hate Portland, hope they go far for the way they play great team and amazing coaching job from Stotts unlike the Rockets McFail.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You don't, not in that situation. I'll watch the end of the game again later today (I couldn't bring myself to do it last night - too pissed off), but Parsons couldn't have been assigned Lillard. That would have been too freakin' stupid of McHale, so it had to be someone missing an assignment at the worst possible time. Who was it? I guess I should read the thread titles in the GARM. I just logged on. Hell, I considered waiting until tomorrow. Not good company right now.

17. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

This is what happens when you blow 2 home games to open a 7 game series.

Uphill the entire series. Thank you for an exciting but disappointing finish Rockets.

Houston- Heartbreak City.

Dwight Howard - Superman and then some. Youngest team in the playoffs just got some hard lessons. Summer school will be in session soon. Please graduate to the next level !

Get er done Morey !

18. ChippedToothLin

Still can't believe this... we were .9 seconds away from ****ing Game 7.

19. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I hear ya. I want to see that last play and who blew the assignment.

On the coach or on a player ? Too crazy last night, just turned it off cold.

Too shot to even play the little blame game.

20. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

For all those people that didn't want Howard.. damn wtf is wrong with you lol
    The guy put on his big boy pants all season and stepped it up big in the playoffs. He brought us back this last game even though we lost. We have to trust Morey will make the right decisions on what is best for the team. We can only get better to be honest. We did drop the ball by losing 2 home games, but to be honest the refs pretty much raped us and we still made it a great series. Time to collect our thoughts and be ready for next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.