1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 5/2/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Wtf was Jones doing? It hurts so much it's just hilarious now.

2. DreamEarlNolan

Rockets fans will be forced to watch that shot be replayed on NBA broadcast for years to come. As if I didn't love seeing the Buffalo comeback against the Oilers every year during the NFL season, and the North Carolina State tip in against the Coogs every NCAA basketball season, now I can look forward to rewatching this shot every NBA season. Ugh

3. dmc89

dmc89 Member

I think that was McHale's mistake. Should've doubled up on Lillard along with Lin. Parsons was not supposed to be there at all.

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

so we drafting clowney or manziel?

5. infinite-loop

infinite-loop Member

We have come full circle.

We end the season the same we lost the first games -- on a buzzer beater 3.

Sad, yet with closure.

We have debated this player and that play (mostly one player), but at the end of the day we saw the players leave everything on the floor.

This team has not reached its full potential. I have been a fan of McHale since the 80s when he played with the Celtics, but I think for the good of the players he must move on. This team is far from its full potential.

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Terrence Jones had no business guarding the inbounder. We handed them their best option on a silver platter.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah his ball denial was pathetic.

Either deny the damn ball or guard the 3 point line.

8. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

We need a defensive minded coach to come in here or someone that can teach basic D

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

where was Beverley the whole darn game?

10. team5

team5 Member

He said shhhitttt.

11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

At least how to play D for 1 second.

12. Rudy

Rudy Member

Time to start the "Dwight will demand someone be traded" this off-season.

13. muratcet

muratcet Member

If you know there is only 1 clutch player and if you leave him wide open with 0.9 sec, you better not coach an NBA team...

14. Andrew Wiggins

D

Espn wil play that shut over a hundred times. Turn to sports center right now and i bet they are playing it. Tnt will run it 15 times in highlight reels.

15. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

my post game analysis:

1 Dwight: ABSOLUTE FKING BEAST. A. Only reason why not an A+ is because I feel he should have passed out sooner for the double. But it's close to A+. Hit so many clutch FTs too - but I knew he would come down to earth. not knocking him on that, THATS ON MCHALE.

2. Harden: A+. Played great D, ran the floor, hit his shots...just waste of a fking great game by him.

3. Bev: C. Can't realyl give him a proper grade, he did his best out there, made a nice floater. played some D

4. Lin:B-: shot didn't go down, made some bad TO, but played D as best as he could on Lillard who was making 3s all night. Denied him onte ball and had some nice assists.

5. Asik:B- not sure how I felt about him. Ref's were being annoying with the dumb calls on LA. He tried his best.

6. Jones: D-. Not sure why he was in teh game. Doesn't box out - puts up shots too fast for no reason when he gets an important offensive board.

7. Parsons: C+: would be lower grade but he made up with his potential game winning layup. his shot wasn't falling and some forced shots. disappeared a bit, but i think that was due to slower game in the half court...parsons is best while cutting and in transition.
    shots weren't falling for him.

8. Daniels: not sure what to give him. didn't really do much on the floor and he made another 4pt foul.

McHale: not sure how to grade him either. but how I feel about him, is not a positive one. mistakes: feeding dwight too much, need to give harden some touches when he is playing like a MONSTER. cmon wtf really? how do you not give the ball to harden to share. mix it up. the other one was the final play...im only scared of Lillard's 3, everyone else i can live with. lillard is just TOO clutch. TOO CLUTCH. he was making 3s all night so you gotta double him, dont put parsons on him. remember one game, we lost like that too when we had parsons ont he PG, which game was that? was that clippers? cant remember but parsons got destroyed by that PG as well, in fact it might hae been the PREVIOUS portland game. Mchale made another mistake....the same one in fact. can someone confirm on this?

had a great series but not the one i would have hoped for.

GG...

16. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

I hope the team remembers how horrible they feel and they make sure this doesn't ever happen again.

To the NBA: **** your officiating in this series. It was atrocious. If I wasn't die hard, I would be sure the NBA was completely rigged. Dwight Howard is better than Lamarcus Aldridge. Howard at least deserves the same calls that LA gets. BULL*****

17. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Dwight should demand any changes he wants outside of harden with how he showed uo in this series.

18. afk

afk Member

I don't want to watch this. Unless Morey interrupts McHale's conference to tell him he's fired.

19. Andrew Wiggins

Lol, they dont care about basketball after that ref job.

20. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

lol wtf. kyrie for harden

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.