1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 5/2/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew Wiggins

I still think we got jobbed. They got lucky, but they hit the shot. Thats what they needed to do and they did it.

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

i'm done with basketball...

...until next season.

I don't care who wins what now.

3. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Thought I had had enough to drink tonight. Guess not.

4. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

I knew we were going to lose after I thought about how the Rockets had to come through to make it a even 3 game 7s on saturday and 3 game 7s on Sunday.

5. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Lillard scores nothing on Lin in the whole 4th Quarter

McHale takes him out

Asiks foul really hurts now

McHale will not get fired, management will see it as a fluke win by Portland

Nobody should blame Parsons, he gave us the lead, it was just bad coaching that put him in a bad spot

6. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

yea they outsmarted themselves. Mo Williams never really set a pick so a switch was never there to occur. They just sort of assumed the Blazers would run him off a screen which never came!

7. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

He wasn't even close enough to bother the pass, just standing 2 ft behind the line, at the wrong angle, doing jumping jacks for exercise. Never trust a Portland native to defend against his own team :mad:

8. coach41

coach41 Member

Looking at the replays, the Rockets defense was setup all wrong.

Howard is denying the ball to his right....maybe to protect the baseline three. But the top of the key has much more space. He would have been better to shade to his left. A pass to the corner is not easy and the shooter doesn't have time to set his feet. He will have to shoot whatever shot he gets.

The other defenders all played UNDER the three point line. I've seen coaches which shade players ABOVE the three point line. That would leave some guys open for the two and maybe the corner three but I think that would have been better.

Oh well...next season...

9. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

SMDH, what a dagger... dude didn't even touch the rim. Nothing but cotton. Can't really say "good defense," but that was a C-L-U-T-C-H shot by Lillard. SMDH :mad: :( :confused: :eek:

10. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Over it. Moving on. I wish this damn NFL Draft would happen already. That's right Portland we got football and base...err football to look forward too. So put that in your bong and smoke it.

11. WestendMassive

Now we're going to have to see that shot over and over again until next season. So gutted

12. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Parsons was assigned to Lillard from the start. This just confirms McHale is an idiot.

[youtube]V2GJ2PwXQ4E[/youtube]

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

The Carter 3 was well defended. This was just ... He called an extra time out, wtf did he do?

14. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

Bev was trailing, would not have caught up in time. Parson should have hedge over the 3pt line to prevent Lillard from taking possession.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol at this fired coach wondering how he was so open...

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Liliard was being left wide open for 3s all night long...and then this.

it truly is unbelievable. why was there a lack of respect for his shot this game?

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Situational basketball has hurt this team all yr. This series only highlights the pitfalls of this team. As a team,you must recognize the players who can hurt you. On that last play,the only guy shooting 3s worth a damn this game was lilliard. How he gets fre at that junction in this game boggles the mind. All is not lost, rox have work to do in the offseason. I'm a long time rox fan and its not like the 94 team didn't have early exits before they won it. After the 86 loss to celtics,the rox had a bunch of 1 and dones in the playoffs. It happens,they let 2 games get away they should've won.

18. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

I hate to say it but Asik held him. Dumb move on Asik's part.

19. conquistador#11

same thing that happened all the way back in November against the lakers and we never learned. BUT .9 seconds!!! It felt like 9 seconds.

Lin driving fouled but nothing gets called, dwight rebounds and goes to the line.
    Asik Foul on a Made three, negates the three.
    and the parsons collapse. season over =(

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Now he's blaming the players pretty much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.