1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 5/2/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

We gotta get off to an early lead. I'm hoping we can dominate from the start, keep the crowd out, and for once not have this go down to the wire.

2. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

lol saw them too - but it's safe to say, he can keep doing it until he gets called on them. Everyone does that push off when driving to a certain extent. Harden does it a lot to get Mathews off of him but they just don't call it.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I am so so so so so so so nervous.

4. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Harden finally breaks out, right?...right?!?!

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I say we blow them out of the water tonight. Then we take it to Houston and we put the knife down their throat. Harden is going to go off tonight, we know he can and he finally will. This is our year, everything is falling into place. Here is what is inevitable: Mo Williams' hair line will go higher as the years pass and Harden will not slump like this ever again in the playoffs.

6. CoogieD

CoogieD Member

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He better. Lin redeemed himself in Game 5, so he'll get a lot less heat over the summer if the Rockets lose this series(well, unless he coughs up a win tonight). Harden on the other hand has yet to have a good all around game. Game 3 he had solid numbers....except that he shot 13-35 and turned it over late in OT before Lin of all people bailed him out. And Game 4 was a decent shooting night, but he was awful in OT and looked almost like he gave up when the Blazers went up 7.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fifty fifty chance - 51%- 49% in favor of the home team

9. HiddenFlawe

HiddenFlawe Member

10. robinjaswal23

robinjaswal23 Member

11. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Portland is going to come out firing, much like OKC last night against Memphis. LMA is going to get his so we need to keep him in check. I think the key tonight is for Milk Hair to make quick adjustments when Portland is on the verge of pulling away.

This can't be emphasized enough. If we wait and ride it out, the lead can balloon to 14+ points quickly. At Portland, this would be insurmountable. We also need Harden to really step it up and give it his best shot.

12. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Harden has been taking care of his skin too well. Proactiv is working.

13. hltiki

hltiki Member

It's all going to be on effort now. More than ever, the team, the players, everyone, needs to come together. You have the talent, just as they do, now you must give it your all. Whichever player even remotely looks like they are not giving everything and anything to win this game then they should be immediately chastised.

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Chris Paul and Steph Curry have made a living off of doing this in the playoffs thus far. It has been categorically not called across the board, so I don't think they would start calling it on Lin of all people, now of all times. I think Curry has been the major catalyst for this change, as everybody wants to see if he can keep making his crazy circus shots to keep his undermanned team in the playoffs.

15. Rockness

Rockness Member

Just re-watched game 3 and we cause a lot of our problems when giving Dwight the ball and making the cut. Howard's passing out of double-teams was very poor, but Harden was pretty decent in that one. Let's hope they can do what they did and better.

16. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Agreed. the nba would turn to **** if they get called for every single push off. i'm already annoyed with all the calls as it is.

17. Progs

Progs Member

I hope we win but if we were to lose, I hope it's over by the beginning of the 4th. My heart can't take losing in the closing minutes.

18. vsHouston

vsHouston Member

[​IMG]

Mike Callahan and LMA beef?

19. kfmfe04

kfmfe04 Member

This is a hostile stadium, but our players have better have more heart than this

20. vsHouston

vsHouston Member

[​IMG]

Fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.