1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/5/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

IT SEEMS LIKE we're not the ONLY team trying to TANK IT!

GS has lost 6 in a row

Everybody from #6-11 seems to be on a LOSING STREAK!

2. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Only Yao knows by himself if he wanted to miss that layup intentionally. But I doubt he didn't want to make it. I am a big Yao fan but frankly I am very disapointing that he didn't make it. Given his enormous improvement in this season's 2nd half, his still needs to improve his moves in the crucial minutes/seconds.

3. aka ace

aka ace Rookie

Actually the Niners would have won the 1st pick (drafting Bush who was a teammate of Alex Smith back in HS) had they lost to the Texans in the final game. Now they are drafting 6th overall. What a waste!

4. ximen

ximen Member

Plain and simple, it is sucking, not tanking, don't cheat yourself.

Rockets is the worst team in the league now, I don't believe they will be saved by a rookie next year, even they can snap the #1 overall pick in the draft, there has no Duncan or James or Melo or even Chris Paul there. The current team is hopeless even with T-Mac coming back, if you still want to talk about something like final or championship in the following years.

Yao was really disappointed tonight, he has the tendency to go back slump again in the past two games. No matter the result of the game, I wish he can show some streaks of the winner among these losers, he failed to make it tonight.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There was no world class defense played tonight. Just terrible offense.

Portland and Houston are the two worst offensive teams in the league, and this game proved it.

6. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

Uh, yes there was. In the 4th they held them to 4 minutes without a field goal at a point, had consecutive blocks, forced multiple turnovers...it was nothing short of superb. Then they'd take the ball to the other side of the floor and either commit some inexplicable turnover or miss a wide open layup. Bogans' shot was on, Luther's shot was on, Rafer's shot was on ... the only person bricking was Wesley. If Yao hadn't had such a terrible game this would have been a blowout ... but even with Yao's performance there was no reason why they should have lost like that. That was just terrible. Did they not sleep well last night or something?

Edit...well I only caught part of the game ... Rafer' shot was certainly not on. But that certainly wasn't the problem, either.

#286 xcomputerman, Apr 6, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  7. crums17

crums17 Contributing Member

Sorry for the negativity, but I think I'm being pretty objective when I tell you that you're an idiot. Disputing your individual points would be a waste of time, much more efficient to dismiss you outright.

#287 crums17, Apr 6, 2006
  8. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

6 posts in nearly 4 years and you waste one on this? Agreed with above poster..

9. tuka

tuka Member

Nice Game

Ten Loss Streak is coming

10. jlwee

jlwee Member

I hate the word tanking... honestly it should be sucking bad team we saw tonight....

With yao 's performance this game, i really miss the poster by the name of aries_tim or something like that....... :mad:

11. ximen

ximen Member

It is none of your business how many posts I have, I just have said what I want to say after I watched this game and read the posts here, at least I won't waste my post on calling somebody an idiot. Thanks for your caring.

12. htownballa23

htownballa23 Contributing Member

Sportscenter was just showing clips from Suns vs Clips. Said Brand and Marion are averaging 20/10, and only 1 more person is averaging those numbers. "That is Kevin Garnett, and he is a superstar." I think they are missing a certain person out.

(even though he has missed some time)

13. onssoo

onssoo Member

be realistic. Nothing help to our next season if we won this game. We should care about the future, not the dim wins which have been proven totally useless for so-called playoff. Yao is a warrior for sure, but he's not superman. Everybody in such situation, struggled badly for his team but cannot get any hope, even respect for return, surely will feel a little bit depressed and even desperated. Yao needs a bit of time to adjust. He will be get over and continue to dominate. I believe that.

14. crums17

crums17 Contributing Member

Hey, easy bro. You're right, I shouldn't have called you an idiot. I should have just pointed out that your post was idiotic and left it at that.

15. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

ESPN sucks old man diapers. No surprise that Yao doesn't get any respect nationally. I don't think he will either, until him and Tracy get to the 2nd round next year. That'll be a major infintismal step up imagewise for both players IMO.

16. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Yao Continuesly got ignored br rafer in particular. this guy is useless. most overrated bum in the league.

17. ximen

ximen Member

If you feel it is idiotic, just ignore it by yourself, ok?

I was surprised to see so many "happy" posts after such a terrible game. In fact the fiasco of the season is at least partly caused by the fact that we have put the money on the wrong side of the table, it is mainly our past bettings not the injury that has built such little talented and bench depth team. Now we begin another bet on a #6 to #11 draft pick in such mediocre drafting, I am not really buying it. What's the future of this franchise? I'd rather see a winning Yao in the left games rather than an unknown pick.

18. HAYJON02

That's just the thing. The future is not now for this team. We'll admit that there are more than a fair share of band wagon, fair-weather fans on this board, as in real life, but when even Clutch himself is talking up ping pong balls over W's... its just done.

Yao's already done what he needed to over the last month of games and I don't think we as fans think he has anything left to prove this season. He's a 20/10+ bigman who can dominate the game and play a solid 35 minutes or more if need be. Strip away many of the main gears for this team and we have an empty machine, maybe occupied by one huge Yao-shaped hampster running furiously on an undersized wheel, but one that won't benefit by any number of wins no matter how you look at it.

The extra ping pong balls means a better chance to pick the best player available, which in this draft as Clutch's thread says, could mean a whole lot. Believe me, in a year no one will remember these losses. Remember much about the end of the '01-'02 season? No one does, but I imagine we were all talking draft.

#298 HAYJON02, Apr 6, 2006
  19. ximen

ximen Member

Yao is still developing, he is far away from a done product, if Rockets want to challenge the top teams like Spurs and Suns seriously next season, we should expect more consistency and dominance from him. About the possible draft pick, I have already said I am not buying it that much, I don't think such a small difference in the drafting sequence will bring a dramatic change to this pathetic team next season. Anyway, tonight performance is unexcusable, tanking or injury shouldn't become the harbor of such shameful loss, if there has a couple of more these games coming in this season, JVG should be fired.

20. HAYJON02

-Of course Yao's not "done" as no player is ever "done" developing. Changes can always be made but look at his progress over the course of the year. He's singlehandedly carrying the team. Without him, THEN we'd be as pathetic as you claim. He's the best center in the game now if he can sustain what he's doing over the course of a season. What more do you want from him now?
    -Who's playing a majority of minutes right now at the 2? A guy by the name of Luther Head, a rookie if I'm not mistaken, taken 24th was it? Who's a main backup at the 4? Hayes? An UNDRAFTED rookie? You're telling me that we can't get another contributing player at #7-11 overall? With the obvious big contributers coming in the top 8, we need every loss we can manage at this point.
    -Whether JVG is to be fired or not has nothing to do with the number of injuries that has gutted this team. Look, when a team has had a season like ours, it's only natural to see some deflating focus towards the end. Is Larry Brown a bad coach? His team is losing to everyone. He doesn't even have injuries as an excuse!

Methinks your pride is causing these dilemas within you. Refocus it, away from this lost season and towards hope for a brighter future. ;)