1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/27/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2014.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

If Harden and Parsons played D, than we would have just swept Portland.

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

We were up by 2 with the ball and would have full control of the game if it weren't for Lin. I know they missed the call, but why would he put the team in that scenario to begin with? He makes mistakes even high school point guards are told not to do.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Huh? The Rockets were on a 7-0 run when Lin made that turnover.

4. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

you don't know all of us or our conditions. i have my tv on but with these kind of finishes, i try to do something else in the end of games and the wife holler the score.

so quick to draw does not make you more of a fan.

5. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Oh please. There would still be whining and complaining if morey would've signed him for 5mil a year. He only got a last minute pay raise due to morey being scared that the Knicks would match any offer offered to Lin.

6. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Mystery T was the tipping point. That 1 little point they hung on us out of nowhere made all the difference.

7. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I'm not down playing it. It was indeed a bad decision by Lin. But the coaches were watching it as it happened and could've called timeout as they pleased as well. Hell, look at Howard in OT. He rebounded the ball after the blazers missed a FT with 10-20 seconds left and he didn't call a timeout. Instead he gave the ball to Parsons THEN Parsons called timeout. This team needs to know and understand the situation at hand and know when to call a timeout.

8. xm2x

xm2x Member

sad day... missed the game due to early work and late game.

legit question, when we were up by 2 and got the rebound, why do we need to call a timeout? isn't it standard practice to dribble, run some clock and wait for a foul when you are up? you only call a timeout when you are trailing or tie?

i'm not a lin apologist but just have questions about this.

9. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Because in real time you don't have all the world to decide on what's the best decision to do. We're on the outside looking in and have all the time to evaluate what options we could've done. Would've. Could've. Should've.

10. torocan

torocan Member

Good question. However I think there's a bigger concern.

The thing that is bothering me right now is Lin not calling a time out isn't the only time something like this has happened. This also happened with Dwight AND Harden on a rebound. Dwight passed it to Parsons in game 4 and only a lucky no-call saved us. Harden dribbled before McHale called a Time Out in game 2 and essentially killed our last possession.

Are we assuming that this is just player stupidity? Or is there a lack of clarity and control from McHale and co?

It's just happening WAY too often the exact same way to make me wonder where this is all coming from.

11. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Anyone have a gif of that deep corner three he took? Been looking everywhere for it!

Troy Daniels.

12. archinkent

archinkent Member

Well we didn't call a timeout either down 2 with 40 secs left in OT. Mchale and his timeouts are pretty wack.

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

On a positive note, was that a McHale called play on our last score at the end of regulation to tie it where Harden drove, dished off to Howard, and Howard slammed it home? If so, then that's a rare thing when a called play works coming out of a timeout like that. I was impressed at the time. Or, maybe it was just a breakdown of a play McHale originally drew up? lol

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Parsons showed up in the 1st half of game one, remember he was the Rockets leading scorer. In the 2nd half his number wasn't called much.

Harden did show up in game 3 pimpn, didn't have a good shooting night. But he did score 35 in that victory and very much engaged unlike games one and two.

Yes sir everybody on this team shares some of the blame, from the coach all the way down to the last player on the bench. It is a team sport so everybody gets the blame.

The refs and the freaking league share a part of the blame IMO. They cost us 2 games this series with their bogus calls, especially in game 4 over time. Yes we shouldn't have put ourselves in that predicament, but these officials have been horrendous this entire series. I can not believe the league hasn't put in place some type of publicly know fine when these refs blow games like this pimpn. Four terrible calls resulted in around 8-10 points for the Blazers and cost us game 4.

15. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

He copied that play from Carlisle in Dallas.. That play got VC the GW shot.

16. ekyrd

ekyrd Member

Wow you people are dumb. To attribute a loss or a win to a single play over a game played over 4 quarters and OT is r****ded. Let's face it... Portland and Houston are closely matched...and over the past 4 games, Portland has been the better team. Each squad have had their share of bad decisions, defensive lapses, shooting slumps, and occasional glimpses of brilliance. Winners look to see how they can improve and help their team. Losers play the blame game.

17. yummyhawtsauce

I'm waiting for the NBA refs to admit their bad calls from last night. Looks like they won't be admitting.

18. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

The thing about fixating on Lin losing the ball is that the game didn't end on that play. Maybe they win if they hang onto the ball, but the Rockets could still have wrapped up the game in overtime and they failed miserably.

1 person likes this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

<iframe width="639" height="359" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6fG8kaVk480" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Rockness

Rockness Member

Easy for him to talk smack when the referee is letting him hack Howard the whole game and gets the ball after it goes off of him.