1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/27/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2014.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

rockets lose by double digits . (realistic response tbh...)

2. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Game 4 Rockets will win this for sure!

3. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

If Harden and Parsons hit their 3's, we win. If not, this is going to be a tough one to predict.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I just don't see the Rockets playing as bad as they did the first three games.

Portland has been making some incredible shots, and to the point that they seem like a better version of last year's Warriors.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Good grief, can we get a damn early game for once?

6. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Give him the green light!

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The defense still has some worst than high school relapses. When will this team ever learn?

8. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

No way we win.

(only saying that cuz I said the same thing in the last game thread, and we ended up winning)

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Harden says the pressure is off Houston and now on Portland (via <a href="https://twitter.com/KHudsonTBlazers">@KHudsonTBlazers</a>)

READ || <a href="http://t.co/ntUlzsMgdy">http://t.co/ntUlzsMgdy</a> <a href="http://t.co/zDomd64T12">pic.twitter.com/zDomd64T12</a></p>&mdash; Trail Blazers (@trailblazers) <a href="https://twitter.com/trailblazers/statuses/460124745283813376">April 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Pressure is off? I don't get that at all.

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

The pressure is off Houston??? Uh, no. NO. Love Harden but want to smack him sometimes.

I don't know how I feel about this game. It's honestly up to Harden and Parsons.

12. Clarinetmonster

Get him some drive and kicks and screens - more dishes to Daniels by Harden and Lin & co. would be a very welcome sight.

13. Rockness

Rockness Member

Exactly, pressure is still on us, but I guess it's good if Harden goes into the next game relaxed and just plays his game, not forcing it.

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Pressure is off. At this point, you were expected to take the series. If you go back to Houston tied up and all that progress out the window, than you are in serious trouble.

The Blazers have gotten away with three piss poor performances by Harden. He is going to explode sooner than later. I would say its Portland's defense, but the fact is, James has killed them in the regular season.

15. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

After we went down 0-2, I said a few things would happen:

Between Games 4 and 5, one would be a 50-50 game that could go either way. We had to win that game, and we did. The other game I predicted our offense would really start clicking. That's going to be Game 5. Get ready Rockets fans, we are coming back to Houston tied 2-2.

16. BonziWellsGOAT

Sounds like a hint of complacency. The LAST thing we need right now.:mad:

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

All he means is that they are expected to lose this series now, the Rockets.

The pressure he means is the series pressure of winning the next game. That pressure is on Portland to close this one out, they know...EVERYONE knows that if they lose game 4 the series resets and Portland will have to win two more in Houston (which wasn't easy in the first place, took two historic efforts from LMA to do that...)

That's all he means really. There is always the pressure to perform and play well for him, but it's a different thing when you are now expected to lose vs win. Like last year's series for example against OKC.

If Portland had won last night, Game 4 means nothing to both teams. It would have just been about if the Rockets wanted to be eliminated in Portland or Houston....but since the Rockets won...now the series is on the line in game 4.

Any ways I didn't predict the last game so I won't this one. I think there is still a chance, Portland is very much a jump shooting team like we are...we've been colder than them and they have been VERY hot...hopefully they are in the process of cooling off. I'm still waiting for that poor shooting night and if we extend this series long enough that night may be the end of it for them.

18. perfectweapons

I would rather Harden feel like the pressure is off. He played like the weight of the world was on his shoulders in the first 2 games.

19. perfectweapons

Who is ready for the freakin Blazers to come back down to earth and actually have a cold shooting night? They have shot unbelievable in this series, hitting fall away 3s, 4 point plays, and Aldridge hitting all those shots with Asik in his face??? Game 4 there is a cold front coming through!!!

1 person likes this.
  20. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

harden goes god mode ..and parsons has yet to have a good game..this is that game