1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/25/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 24, 2014.

1. jaychi

jaychi Member

the circus shots were clear path to the baskets. some open missed mid range shots from them. ours were harden iso then pullup, harden iso then pullup, not move the ball plays.the harden-howard low PNR was great. they should be doing it 90% of the possessions.

2. dragician

dragician Member

Agreed. We jsut got lucky. That being said, I think the Blazers are more ready than us in the playoffs. They're a better team. So lower your expectations peepz.

Harden has to be our main weapon, not Dwight. Harden has to lead. That game 2 where we did plays in a row for Howard was sick, bad coaching.

3. yummyhawtsauce

SOOO MANY UNGRATEFUL rockets fans here, this team has been garbage in the playoffs since Hakeem and Lin delivers a huge series turning playoff moment and you still complain...smh

4. Clarinetmonster

I'm I seeing correctly, zboy actually praised LMA for that horrible foul? Unbelievable. Snapped Lin's beck back so hard, could have resulted in serious injury. Way to support your team.

5. Clarinetmonster

Neck.

6. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

They got lucky in Games 1 and 2. And remember Aldridge played out of his mind, still both games came down to 1-2 possessions. This has been a helluva series. Both teams are evenly matched, record wise and personnel wise. And it shows on the court. All 3 games have gone down the wire and this series could have easily been 2-1 or 3-0 our way, or 3-0 their way. Stop complaining.

7. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

FFS, all the people saying throw a lob pass to Dwight is just stupid...Lin is going full pelt, throwing a lob pass at that speed head on down the middle with no angle would have been a TO for sure...

Man, Lin played well, really well...sure he went for an ill advised layup with the clock management thing....but it's one of those plays, you make it, you're the hero, you don't then you're the scrub...

As for Harden, he played better...but seriously guys he took 35 shots! 35 man!

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

You ladies done b****ing yet? Jesus Christ. We won. A sorely needed win.

Everyone made multiple mistakes. Everyone can be criticized. But at the end of the game, we won. So let's focus more on that than some random dude on CF criticizing your crush.

Go Rockets.

9. A New Age

A New Age Contributing Member

for what it's worth:

read the rest at:
    http://www.nba.com/2014/news/04/25/lebron-taking-beating.ap/

#5089 A New Age, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

No more Game Threads for me. I've never heard more nonsense than I did last night. I wish Clutch would ban half of you for all of y'all's dumb@$$ comments.

Go Rockets!!

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I don't like naming names. But Andrew Wiggins might be the worst poster on this board. He was spouting off non-sense all night. If I had banning power for game threads I would grant it on him and a few more idiots who claimed we were getting swept before the game was over.

12. krouchchocolate

How? We were up majority of the game. lol. We just had a 4th quarter collapse again

13. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Howard looked open, but Aldridge was all over Jeremy on that side of the court, so he might have had time to block the pass or the shot if Jeremy attempted it. He saw Daniels open and threw it behind Aldridge's shoulder, since Aldridge was anticipating Lin making a play toward the basket.

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Rockets ran multiple double digit leads, and came back from 4 in OT and executed.

Portland was splashtown last night.

15. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

There's simply no guarantee that we win in regulation if Jeremy doesn't drive that.

I'm glad Troy Daniels is part of the weaponry now and has a big time shot under his belt. And also glad that Jeremy played pure basketball in the moment - where he didn't have time to think - he just had to react and act - to get that possession back from Mo Williams (who was trying to steal this game from the Rockets by himself), Jeremy faking a pass towards the basket, and throwing the ball to Daniels for the winning basket in OT.

16. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

This is where you're absolutely wrong.

3 Point lead with 50 seconds left, you burn the clock down to 34ish seconds, potentially up 3 or 5 or 6.

Portland has to score and would still be down a possession.

Houston has the ball and would likely secure the game with FTs instead of giving up a transitin 3

17. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

If we're up with by 3 points and don't score again - they still get the ball back. Say we hold the ball (Jeremy doesn't go for the layup), and we don't score. Portland could easily tie the game on a 3 pointer - in which case they would not have to foul again to send anyone to shoot FTs. They would just defend our final possession to end regulation and hope we didn't score at the buzzer (unless they had gone for a quick 2-for1 or something). The game could have easily gone to overtime anyways.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Sure it could have, but the point is the clock was obviously our friend, and Lin wasted that advantage with an extremely poor decision. Luckily, he made up for it in overtime.

19. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Y'know, it had to happened the way it did - this win.

Pushed to the very brink of disaster (going down 0-3) - the game decided at the end of another OT, no less. Staring death in the face, and saying, 'Not this time'.

20. munsteur

munsteur Member

Do you even know what "absolutely" means? If Houston doesn't score after running down the clock, then Blazers could tie with a three.

I am not saying that Lin's layup was the correct play. Here is from Mr. Lin himself:

“Making sure to win in overtime, just getting the win was important,” Lin said. “That’s a shot that I’ll take any day of the week but I missed it. That was on me and I knew that. I’m glad we were able to get the win and definitely thankful for that.

“That’s a right-handed layup. I’m taking that any day of the week. That’s a great shot to me. I couldn’t believe it. I thought it had to be goaltended or something. I didn’t see the finish, but I couldn’t believe it didn’t go down.”