1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/11/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Caboose

Caboose Member

how many coaches give minutes to second round picks?

if you wanted roy blame the gm not the coach.

2. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

These really need to learn how to close out games. Damn, they should have blown this team out, instead of having to hit pressure free throws down the stretch.

3. Barkley

Barkley Member

That's right. We really need a good games for Howard. Luther is playing very good and i hope Snyder will play. There is no Bonzi so we maybe should active Span for some minutes, or Lucas. We are playing well. In that game (Portland) we just thought that we would get an easy win but no...

4. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

That was a weak arse throw and they had a lot more time left on the game clock (over 3 seconds left). We only had one second left, even throwing it down the court away from everyone would have done the trick.

Not the same situation...

5. Caboose

Caboose Member

head, juwan, dikembe. why put in players like v-span, jake, and lucas that will probably hurt your team?

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

good thing no one cares what you believe, nor will it affect the Rockets in the playoffs...

7. bratna8

bratna8 Member

We wouldn't have traded Roy if he landed on our laps...in fact Rockets were trying to trade up to grab Roy.

8. Barkley

Barkley Member

But look at Juwan...Look at his game. I want to se Snyder in the next game

9. Queeni

Queeni Contributing Member

Too late now. Fans like us hate but have to live it with JVG.

10. ekim

ekim Member

Luther Head? Chuck Hayes?

Chuck is now a starter for crying out loud. If that's not development then what is?

11. ikfit

ikfit Member

Is Tmac OK? If tmac hurt, Jeff will lost his job next year and we all will hate him.

Jeff use our starters too much, I don't like his 8 now it is 7 rotation.

12. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

But you need the ball to touch someone before it goes out of bounds. Also, you need to take the timeout to tell them to do that. I doubt that's what Shane Battier would have thought of right away.

I think it wasn't a bad timeout.

13. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

yeah because that makes perfect sense...

14. dram1

dram1 Member

How is McGrady and his legs?

15. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

the two old guys are contributing 0 score there... You should develop your bench instead of hanging your luck on the performance of two players whose age total is probably 90, especially when they are not doing that much in the game right now (I mean, it has been for a while since Yao comes back, it likes all a sudden they lost the desire to play). Not blame them though, just don't like JVG's strategy.

16. Barkley

Barkley Member

Look at previous posts. Bill Worrell said that Tracy said that his knee is now fine. So so not worry:) JVG wil not lose his job :p

17. Caboose

Caboose Member

sorry but our bench sucks. some players you just can not groom into the players that you want them to be.

18. dram1

dram1 Member

The guy is making an honest assessment and comment, and he is probably in the company of many others. Take it easy!

19. bratna8

bratna8 Member

If we clinch HCA by the time we play Utah...I would like to see the following starters and rotation for our last game.

1. Lucas
    2. Snyder
    3. Novak
    4. Howard
    5. Big Jake

6. VSpan
    7. Hayes
    8. Deke

20. Barkley

Barkley Member

I agree. Juwan sucks. He is not shooting the bal well. But we have to play Snyder, who is a great athlete and defender. He can take it to the rim, dunk it. I like his game. JVG shpouldn't play 7 players, he should play 10 i think. It will be Deke, Juwan, Head, Lucas and Snyder