1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 3/25/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 24, 2022.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That would be called different player types.

I agree though that the modern player got stats stuffing tendencies.

Cade was too hyped but he delivered with playmaking, solid D and being a serviceable triple threat running a bad team.

Green was projected to be just that, electrifying scorer but now seems to have improved on various other aspects of the game.

Overall, both delivered. At least never thought of Cade as Luka Doncic.

That draft class is big time but not otherworldly just yet, players have to grow up more and win a lot more games.

Every player has his sweet spots, and if he is smart enough to figure that out and expand his spots, I see no reason why Cunning-H can't become more efficient in time.

#581 daywalker02, Mar 26, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
    vator and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Silas is trying his best to save his job. This is the most useless win of the season. The Rockets have to lose every game from now onwards.
    PS: I'm afraid TF won't consider paying another HC. He will have to continue paying Silas even if he is no longer the HC.

3. j@amc

j@amc Member

Nineteen-year-old Chet Holmgren wrapped up his 32-games for Gonzaga at less than 27 minutes a contest. Though I only saw the Zags play 5 or 6 times, he was their third or fourth scoring option for noticeable stretches of their season. The NCAA refs certainly shortened his time on the court against Arkansas, but throughout the tournament, he looked gassed to me. (In my opinion, the Zags continued frenetic pace of play, despite not having elite athleticism, sapped the life out of their entire team and all that contributed to the early exit)

Holmgren's three-point shot had long abandoned him as he only converted on two 3s in the entire month of March. He'll have a fine pro career, but anyone who throws him on the court for more than 30 minutes a game during his rookie season will be disappointed.

Green has rounded into form and has found things on both ends of the court that work. Yes, it's 30 minutes for now. Let's see him grow and add to that over the next two years.

eman likes this.
  4. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I really don’t want Holmgren high in the draft. Just way too many question marks, despite all the potential.

B-Bob and Tato1971 like this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Hard to feel good about a win over the local LA Fitness Dragons, but there wasnt any way to lose to that team - check this - WE HAVE TOO MUCH TALENT!! LOL

Jontro and vator like this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Who is your favorite player from the upcoming draft?

7. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Man, I am not sure right now. Banchero maybe? I don’t see an obvious top pick.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Quit it. You're better than this. If a team gets blown out by 25 in one game and wins another by 25. What's the point differential? If another team wins a game by 5 and loses a game by 5, what's the point differential? They're both 0. Now which of those teams' starters are most likely to have played the most minutes in those games? The 2 blowouts or the close games?

To further add, the tweet explicitly stated "in the last 10 games" they played. So let's do some actual checking on the last 10 games for both guys :

These are the point differentials for the Rockets in those games : -17, +9, -13, -25, -17, -3, -24, +18, -19, +19
    These are the point differentials for the Pistons in those games : +2, +5, +3, -6, -11, -4, -4, -4, +21, -3

Rockets point-differential : -72
    Pistons point-differential : +5

Amazing how lame a cumulative stat like "point differential" is in this argument, but regardless, which of those sets of data had more close games and which had the blowouts?

You're stating nothing I haven't stated in the past threads. I've actually shown the TS% over ranges of games for Cade and how he's actually increased his FGA despite being inefficient at the time.

Of course Cade benefits from having the ball more. And? He's a PG trying to run the show there. He's getting more minutes as the season goes on to run the show. Sounds more like you guys just have an issue with "Cade > Jalen". I couldn't care less about that since coming into the league Cade was supposed to be the better player. He was a 6'8" Luka-lite supposedly.

Lately, do I think they maybe let Cade stat-pad? I don't know - maybe. But that's more like saying "hey, they're letting Cade stat pad, so why don't we let Jalen stat pad?" under the guise of "he's going to learn a lot in those extra 3-4 minutes he didn't in the first 31 minutes!" We're making 2 different arguments. I'd rather him not blow a knee or an ACL out in a meaningless game. If it were a close game, I'd be with you, but in the last 10 games, I don't see a reason for it other than people want Jalen to go off for 30 points, highlight reel dunks, and/or have him get in the race for ROY.

Of all the things I question Silas about, I'm going to say this ain't near the top of the list by far. I'd be concerned if Jalen was only getting 20-25 mpg, but 30-32 mpg? Please. This ain't the 1980's. The greed in me wants him to go off for 30 every night. The sanity in me realizes it's not necessary.

RocketWalta, Easy, chenjy9 and 2 others like this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I don't get why people are so upset about not letting Green play 3-4 more minutes in garbage time. I think some are motivated by wanting Green to have the "best" rookie stats, at leas in the last part of the season to gloat against Cade fans and Mobley fans. Others are motivated by pure Silas hating.

Jontro likes this.
  10. Bo6

Bo6 Member

can't blame Silas. we need minutes to develop gordon and shroder.

vator and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  11. htownborn34

htownborn34 Member

Goonie putting on a show!

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Why iz we winning tho?