1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 3/25/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Is it so fn hard to subtly fukk up rotations and ensure a fat loss

[​IMG]

Do I really have to live out my whole life with only 2 dream titles. i love them and dream but:
    [​IMG]

hakeem94, chadyang, Salvy and 3 others like this.
  2. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

upload_2022-3-25_21-52-16.gif

DreamShook, kpdark, DeBeards and 4 others like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So sorry.

DeBeards likes this.
  4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Silas is ****ing expert at preventing Green from getting high points.

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

[​IMG]

Salvy likes this.
  6. Salvy

Salvy Member

Exactly, we are still ahead for Chet thou so I'm not tripping too much... Gotta lose out for the remainder of the season thou...

DeBeards and i3artow i3aller like this.
  7. i3artow i3aller

To Rockets spaces we go. Jonsin' for a @Clutch pod.
    [​IMG]

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah... Jalen's team gets blown out a lot. lol. Seriously, though, I know Cade gets a ton of minutes, but they're actually in most of their games and he's going for ROY. Cleveland is in a playoff race, has lost their center, and they've been in quite a few close games, too, from what I recall, not to mention ... ROY race. Scottie may be the only deviation from this since I think he'll get minutes no matter what, but I haven't followed them that much to know what's going on there. It just may be they're just flat-out playing him a lot.

No idea what other reason unless they don't want Jalen to get injured for no reason. Not like he's winning ROY or in some playoff hunt. What do y'all expect Jalen to in blowouts for another 4-5 mpg? Run with the 2nd team and really learn how to play against the other team's backups? I guess what I'm asking is what's to be gained from it?

Easy and daywalker02 like this.
  9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This Jalen Green guy might have been worth tanking for.

vator and i3artow i3aller like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think I read an article pretty early into the season and the writer was so surprised by Barnes' defense.

I think he is so integral to Toronto's run and so nailed on.

11. i3artow i3aller

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Confidence and more in game reps.
    Also allowing him to try some different things that he may not get to try when he’s on the court with the starters.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

In my opinion as long as the opposing team isn't fielding their 3 stringers, then Green should still be out there.

There were many games this season where the game was a blowout, but the opposing team is still fielding their starters until late in the 4th quarter.

In addition, many of the Rocket's backups are potentially core to the future of the Rockets, so it doesn't hurt to build on-court chemistry with them either to see how they mesh.

DreamShook likes this.
  14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If Jalen Green were on Detroit or Orlando, he would be averaging 20 PPG. Those teams actually play their rookies and in the case of Detroit; they made it Cades team win or lose. In Houston, they are still trying to prove doofus KPJ can be a building block while playing selfish players like Wood and to an extent Tate and Mathews (who has Curry’s shot selection but without the shot).

it’s a miracle that Jalen even averages what he does spending majority of the games standing in a corner

15. fattz

fattz Member

We been Silas(ed). He is so sincere in all things, cares about player’s stats, wants to be the starts best friend, it feels good and set out Wall to accommodate this? Lucky to have him.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

If Jalen Green were on other team, he is very likely winning the ROY this season.

Rockets are never horrible like this.
    Can you believe those precious 1st round draft players are being treated like NBDL scrubs? Smh.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

silas is trying to ease up him in nba and make the celebrity not hit him hard in the brain

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

live by tanking die by tanking

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You do know Detroit and Houston's pt differential is -8 and -9 respectively right?

They both get blown out near the same rate.

Btw, I've seen some Piston games. Cade absolutely plays during garbage time. Cade is a stat padder. He needs 3 more shot attempts to score 1 more pt than Green and their assist to turnover ratio is only off by .3. Cade massively benefits from just having the ball a lot more.

A lot of the NBa media and fanbase are probably fooled right now with their perception of Cade vs Green because they are probably just looking at basic traditional stats (ppg, apg, rpg) and beyond that they don't care.

#579 fchowd0311, Mar 26, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

we want him to play.

vator, fchowd0311 and i3artow i3aller like this.