1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 3/1/2011

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This will be a tough matchup. I hope we can pull out a close win, but I am pessimistic.

Still:

Blazers 84 - Rockets 86

3. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

rockets win and get closer to 8th seeed!!

4. Htown's2kFinest

Chuck Hayes 1on1 vs Aldridge. Need to slow him down if we want any chance of winning.

5. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

Shutdown Lemarcus ' Beast' Aldridge and we are all good. I hope to see thabeet play.

6. opticon

opticon Member

Wallace can only guard one of our wing scores. Who ever is being guarded by Fernandez needs to abuse him.

We have to want to win this game more then they do. Because if we don't we will loose.

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The Blazers are one resilient bunch. It is going to take a superb effort to win this game on the road. 48 minutes of total effort, full confidence that a win in their graps. That should be the Rocket's mindset.

8. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

You realize they still have Batum and Wes Matthews, right?

9. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Hopefully KM can go off on them like he did the last time--45 pts on 18 shots. But this time we hang on for a win.

I think Gerald Wallace will guard KM, so Chase needs to do his thing. Goran needs to be ready to spell Kyle. At least no AB to be abused by Patty Mills (I shudder at the memory).

10. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

11. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I'm very worried about this game. Batum and Wallace ...Aldridge. Scares me a little. Isn't Roy back too?

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Not only that, the Blazers lost at home to Atlanta. They will be looking for blood. If we win, it is going to be a hard fought battle. Cupcakes need not apply.

14. sefril

sefril Member

if we win this game, we will go to the playoffs!!

YES WE CAN!

15. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

Tough Game, but hey, everything is possible :)

Matchup-wise: We really don't have any clear advantage. On paper, both team's players seems to put up similar number. Benches of both teams are also strong. Problem is that they all perform day in and day out.

Need to jump on them early. I doubt Scola will have big night because he will matched up against Aldridge or Camby. It will come down to other 3 players: Martin, Lowry, Bud needs to have big games. Off the bench, hoping for Patterson to have a big night because they really don't have anybody to match him off the bench.

AKA - If we have a perfect night, we got this. Shoot above 50% and keep them n low %. Minimize turnovers. Play smart basketball with 100% effort. Value each possession and we got ourselves a game to steal.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Martin and Lowry are going to play like dookie after all the minutes they logged and how much they busted their butts this last week.

17. pge71188

pge71188 Member

I have a feeling this is the run we've been waiting on the whole year..Rockets win 97-93

18. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

tough game... another comeback in the 2nd half? :grin:

19. eman

eman Contributing Member

We are a better team without (this year's version of) AB-- on both ends of the court. Bud's improving his D. Is Dragic good to go tonight? We're going to have to give it everything we've got tonight.

20. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Good matchup, we need to win EVERY game but after the win in NOLA and a game tomorrow vs the Clips this is kind of like playing with house money. Portland is playing so-so and LA has really cooled off after a great Jan. Their size might be our biggest issue but they aren't very deep so if Camby gets in foul trouble Rockets may be back at a level with these guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.