1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 11/16/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2012.

1. tigernet

tigernet Contributing Member

Our players made bad decision in last 2 minutes. The most good part of first half has been ruined by these 3 or 4 plays.

2. torocan

torocan Member

Wow, those were some really dodgy foul calls. :eek:

3. instar

instar Member

i know it's corny, but refs suck.

4. MDPJlin

MDPJlin Member

Great game by TD..Good to see Jlin out in the end otherwise we might even lose the 7 pts lead already.

5. sidestep

sidestep Member

The Portland TV feed showed it twice on slowmo. I saw no push, though the homery announcers kept crying about it.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Rest of half was about ball movement to go from good shots to better shots. Made 55 %. Other issue, rebounding. PDX w/ 10 2nd chance pts.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/269654065556901889" data-datetime="2012-11-17T04:11:53+00:00">November 17, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. BaconAndEggs

BaconAndEggs Member

who cares about lin's points, the rockets are leading.

8. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

It puzzled me why the coach take Lin out w/ a min or 2 remaining....just let them play already. They play well why take them out?? As a result, you let the Blazers make a comeback....stupid coaching.

9. Postcall

Postcall Member

Sampson moving a SG like Lin to PG speaks to his genius.

10. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Patrick Patterson's lack of rebounding prowess is jarring. Just 1 board tonight in 20 minutes.

11. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I think this was the best half of basketball the Rockets have played this season. Everyone was involved and we had a ton of fast break points.

12. booster rocket

total bs on replay for a foul. wow. maybe try douglas and lin together at somepoint again like last game.

13. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Why does it matter who takes the shot if we're scoring? Lin's 7 assists = at least 14 points for his teammates.

14. zhaizor

zhaizor Member

Lin wants to be a pass-first point guard. Compare him to Lillard who has played roughly the same amount of time with 3/8 shots 0 ast. Lin has 2 shots 7 ast. Which one do you prefer? I think I prefer team ball from my point guard. That isn't to say that he shouldn't take a few more quality looks...

15. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

I really like how Lin is getting the defensive rebound and leading the break. He is saying EF Y'all I am playing point today whether you like it or not!

16. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

He should be embarrassed that his PG has more rebounds than he does.

17. FacePalmMaster

Have to say Blazers announcers just can't do enough nutriding on the home team. just stfu please.

watsup with this iso crap? they lost ball movement in the last 4-5 min of that quarter.

18. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Cause LIn is not camping out in the corner as much. He is actually more PG. Coincidence? I think not.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't know, I think he just took him out because of the fouls.

Lin plays aggressive defense and Harden does not. So it may make sense to take out Lin before he picks up his 3rd eventual foul with how they are calling the game.

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He does not box people out. It's really annoying.