1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 11/16/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2012.

1. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

All arms but no call. Great job by the refs:confused:

[​IMG]

2. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

why? why when the team is doing great? just because of few accidental and misfortunate losses?

don't you see the championship wining team is being born here?:grin:

3. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

The team is not doing great. We are 4-5 with two wins against Detroit. We may become great in the future, but please don't distinguish this as great. That would be a slap in the face to great teams

4. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

pat pat two rebounds, morris zero defensive rebounds in 30 minutes! power forwards with no power

5. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

[​IMG]

6. jojolover

jojolover Member

Your analysis is gold!

7. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

nice analysis however methinks TD and PP can also help us be a good team....patience is what is called for...

8. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Whether Lin is "in" during OT or not, it does NOT matter. Here's why;

1.) The play is for Harden to orchestrate the offense or try to score anyway. No point for Lin being on the floor as he not doing the PG role. He is has a poor shooting %.
    2.) Lin is not aggressive anyway, or doing the what the gameplan requires, give the ball to Harden. It beats me why TD still drives and attempts to shoot the ball.
    3.) Lin will not deviate and play his style, he follows the coach to the letter
    - not like TD who has the balls to take it.

Still early in the season. Let's see as the season progress. if there is anything i like the coaching staff is doing is giving Lin some controlled minutes. Not riding him hard. I feel bad for Parsons and Harden, they are clocking heavy minutes. Hope they can sustain it till end of season. Well, Harden needs to, Parsons just got 800K this year, so a little minutes reduction should be OK. Give those PT to TJones!

9. chen55

chen55 Member

The most important thing between Lin and TD is that, Lin has a bright future while TD has no future. Whenever Rockets got a real back-up pg, they will abandon TD. So why you give the whole precious OT experience to this guy.

10. kastuul

kastuul Member

TD is nice to Lin since Lin joined the Knicks.

He played well in last game, but he is not consistent.

11. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

One of the things I noticed last night was that Harden needs to stop flopping. One of those flops created a turnover where Lin was forced to foul Lillard.

12. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I wonder if Delfino would have made a difference this game? Could we have won if he played?

13. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I support Coach Sampson 100%. I don't know if I would have used the same rotation as he used last night, but I still support him and think he's doing a good job. I thought the Rockets played well last night. At the end of the game Batum and Lillard got hot, and the Refs calls didn't seem to go our way, and that was the game. Coach Sampson made a decision to go with Douglas over Lin at the end of the game and I respect his decision. I don't know if I would have gone with Douglas, but I understand what Sampson was trying to do and I'm OK with it. I think the Rockets are making real progress and are learning how to play with each other, and that's all we should expect at this point.

14. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

[​IMG]

After 6 games (b4 vs NO.)

15. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

2-7 or 3-5 from 3s w/ a couple of asts

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Awesome analysis especially #4 and #6.

Patterson won't go in the post, the dude is terrified, terrified, of contact. Hopefully he gets traded soon. Remember that Morey flushes players as they approach the time-to-get-paid phase anyway.

Iso ball just shows to me the coaches aren't that great or have little faith in anyone on the team not named Harden. It's like, "Oh, we have our All Star now, let's be really predictable and force a play through him."

17. Arthurprescott2

Lin - 17.5 USG% (averging 18ish)
    Harden - 27.8 USG% (averging 31)

Lin's USG is pretty low for a starting point guard (especially a scoring guard). He's not being used/can't be used as a 2ndary offensive option at the moment.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

even a day later, still can't believe this mofo played douglas the entire OT.....smh

19. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

not really
    under Woodson, Lin only got 9 shots per game. But he still went to the lines a 4+times a game though.

20. MT1417

MT1417 Member

Yes, I'm still reeling from the loss. It sucks because we've lost to the Blazers earlier and this could be payback. And if we've done all we can to win, fought a good battle till the end but still lost, I'll take it. Unfortunately, this coaching decision was too glaring to be brushed off.