1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 11/16/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2012.

1. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

calvin murphy, is curious why lin wasnt playing

2. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

We lost because of Jeremy Lin:rolleyes:

3. JSizzle

JSizzle Member

Can somebody explain to me how 2-11 Douglas (-5) was a good option? We finished the game with a timeout. We at least could have gone offense/defense (though Douglas was hardly dominating on defense). It makes no sense.

4. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Funny 15 points of Lillard is on Lin out of 28 , but of course TD is better HAAAAAAAAA

5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Um, I guess you and I watched two different games down the stretch. Patterson is 6'8-6'9 guarding an all star that is 6'11-7'0 tall. He contested every one of those shots. You want to complain about his lack of rebounding, fine. But if you think he played poor defense on Aldridge, you are incorrect. That was an all star caliber big man stepping up.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think Blazers have the better team:

Batum > Parson
    LaMarcus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PP
    JJ Hickson <<< asik
    Mathews <<< Hardin
    Lillard > Lin

7. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Sampson benched Lin because he played too much like a PG. When Lin drove to the rim and missed that chip shot over two Blazers, Sampson really got hot.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Pretty much. Batum had no buisness making the shots he did and the refs had no business on the floor.

It's a sorry loss but in the end it won't hurt too much. The Blazers are not going any where, half of their wins are against the Rockets and both of those wins took Batum playing at a level he's not used to and Lillard turning into Jordan for the 4th qtr just to win.

9. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Sure, Batum and Lillard had to be out of their minds "Tracy McGrady"-style hot for Portland to pull this out.... but gdm I swear we played some of the dumbest ball down the stretch. Harden and his ISO plays, and his "im gonna drive and just lose the ball out of bounds hoping for a call" penetrations make me want to puke. The Asik calls (or NON-calls) down the stretch completely destroyed any momentum we might have. The dunk that was fouled but no called? the hold under the Portland basket? the offensive foul on Aldridge that actually got called on Asik to foul him out of the game?

all ways we could've been done with this sht. That was one of the worst officiated games of this young season, and its infuriating. I know its not all on the stripes, no Lin was awful too... but it took some BAD bad whistles and some uncanny hot shooting by Blazers to win.

dammit I am so angry right now.

10. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i blame the lost on lin. he was disappeared.

11. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

Sampson benched Lin at the end of the half, and the Blazers then go on a 7-0 run......... Sampson benched Lin in OT, and we gave away the game.

12. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Someone call Hitman or Assassin's Creed, because Harden's ISO needs to go.

13. Convictedstupid

I haven't had this type disappointment in a game in some time. Guess I care about the rockets again.

14. GoooooRockets!

our offense's so fu**ing terrible. harden 1 on 5 every time, everyone else just watch it.

15. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Why?:confused:

16. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

If we coud have only traded down the draft and selected Lillard. oh well.

17. bucky99

bucky99 Member

absolutely unexcusable for TD to be playing all of OT. Lin's defense is very good, no dropoff from TD.

Sure, TD got hot last game 4/5 from 3 pt range. But the rest of the season, TD is 1/10 (10%). Fact, TD is a worse shooter than Lin.

18. seahawk

seahawk Member

Well, this is a tough battle we've fought. Well done.
    We will get back to the locker room and try to learn something here.

19. nbafever

nbafever Member

Can't really be too sad over this loss. We're toe to toe with POR, but they have a more balanced offensive--PG, SF, and PF/C.

We need another perimeter stopper for Parsons when he gets tired. We couldn't stop Batum in the 3rd as a result, they regained their momentum. When the other team makes a run, we get into these offensive droughts.

Disappointed at PPat, don't know why when he's in, he's not fighting for those rebounds.

20. redlawn

redlawn Member

Sampson goes blank in crunchtime. Unbelievable!