1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 1/25/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 24, 2008.

1. blender

blender Member

These guys are going to be very good in a few years. They've got the perimeter shooting, now they just need Oden to give them frontcourt presence.

2. WesmanTexanfan

big numbers
    rockets freethrow %.........82.8
    trailblazers home W streak before tonight..........12
    chuck hayes' minutes.........7
    yao, scola, landry's boards.........10, 12, 8
    yao, scola, landry's points..........11, 11, 12
    offensive boards..........15
    trailblazers shooting %..........35.7
    high scorer for rockets...........t mac 15 pts.

bad numbers
    turnovers..........20
    fouls on yao.......5

3. Jelle

Jelle Rookie

Just checked NBA.com and i was glad to see a victory and after i read almost all pages i'm impressed by almost everybody. RA gets a lot of credit with giving the rookies confidence to close out a close game and what a game they had. Scola and Landry together = 20 Rebounds, 9 on OFFENSE !!
    A great sign for the rookies but i hope not something that will hurt Hayes' confidence because we need him on Sunday. Did you see the Jazz' boxscore of last night's win: Boozer had 33 pts for 15/19 shooting. For that not to happen Yao and Hayes got to be in full gear and shut him down. Don't get me wrong i'm really happy about how Yao plays but still he could do a lot better when it comes to blocking shots. He needs to get some blocks from the weakside like Olajuwon. He used to come out of nowhere to block another man's shot and Yao is twice as tall ;) so he should get a few more blocks per game like that easily. If Yao can add that to his repertoire he would be right up there with Olajuwon as one of the best centers ever played.

Great victory and let's keep the streak going !! :D

Go Rockets, 5-0 baby !!

4. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

T-Mac, Rockets Snap Blazers Home Win Streak
    POSTED: 12:38 am CST January 26, 2008

"One thing about our young guys, they're not afraid," McGrady said of Landry and Brooks. "They're not afraid to be in that situation down the stretch in ballgames...You don't expect three rookies to be on the court in a tough game like this, but they came through tonight. I didn't expect after 11 years to be out there in crucial situations with three rookies. I can't fathom that right now. Those guys played great basketball and they played hard."

http://www.click2houston.com/nba/11663973/detail.html

5. T-mac&Yao=RING

Yao and Hayes will not shut Boozer down, hes jsut too good.But I'll tell you what they can do and that is contain him.

6. kwng

kwng Member

7. kwng

kwng Member

This quote by Scola showed that sometimes fighting win games.

[url http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5487336.html [/urk]

8. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Member

Why all the hate on Hayes?

Let's not be quick to forget all the work he's put in. Landry and Scola are enticing, especially on offense, but don't undermine the value of Hayes.

But yeah. He sucks. He sucks so much that without that block on Durant, we would've probably lost that game in Seattle.

9. kwng

kwng Member

Here's an interesting blog by Feigen

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2008/01 citizen_yao_declares_these_roo.html

10. 99bb

99bb Member

I think folks here still love Hayes a lot.
    In such a long season, it is impossible for a player playing in top form every game.
    I will take it anytime if he plays with his heart.
    :)

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

We're so lucky to ge this one. You don't win too many games when you turn the ball over like we did. Oh well, ugly game, huge win. Bring on the Utah Jazzholes!

12. johnnytc5

johnnytc5 Member

You got me, but no more than reverse physicology here... although you have to admit I was right about yao and tracy having off nights. :p

13. SWTsig

SWTsig Member

let me preface my comment by saying i was tuning in and out of the game for the most part since i was at a friend's place.... and i missed a large portion of the 4th quarter.

i think my "horribly" comment is mainly due to the ridiculous turnovers we kept making, especially the fastbreak ones in the 3rd.

14. IndonesiaFans

IndonesiaFans Member

This game is good for my heart.. High beat at the first and relax down at the end...

15. dreammvp

dreammvp Member

awsome win!!.....i can't believe all those turnovers and we still pull it out....Blazers were 17-3 at home before we went inthere and kicked some A$$!!

16. BarkleyHater84

Who would've thought before the season that 40 games in Steve Francis would be inactive, Mike James would be getting no PT, and Aaron Brooks and Carl Landry would be getting extensive 4th quarter minutes? I think it's time to do some trades. Get something for Mike James while you still can....

17. WesmanTexanfan

its not hate, i love him, but he has absolutly no business starting for this team.

18. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

gotta love this team

[​IMG]

19. diegot143

diegot143 Member

im really starting to hate tmac.. he does not have the right to talk to scola like he did.. who is he to talk like that? no heart, no leadership, cancer to the team. And scola? heart, leadership, fire, team player.. like i said before at the beggining it will be good to have tmac back but for sure since he is the best player hes negative heartless attitude will again spread like a cancer to this team.. some of the executives need to listen to what im sayin.. let tmac do good. let his trade value grow this season.. then trade his a**.. we will never win with him here.. did any one see how he was talking to landry? i know hes a rookie but thats just negative way to come at the rookie its probably in a way jeperdising the growth of landry bc they are gonna be scared to play with fire with Mclazy's a** out there.. let his trade value grow and then trade him for some younger talent.. i would love to see NOcioni here.. he has the fire and team spirit and his talent is really growing as a scorer.

20. WesmanTexanfan

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    quit hattin, i've added you to my crow eating list for april!!!