1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Raptors @ Rockets 2/10/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 9, 2022.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

And yet the Rockets struggled with a high school type full court press. That’s a real bad sign. You can never pressure an NBA club with a full court press, spreading the court like that is suicidal which is why NBA teams don’t do it. Yet the Raptors bullied the Rockets with it.

daywalker02 and napalm06 like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The future isn't bleak if you look at it from the perspective that our most talented players are from an age range of 19-22 years old.

They are expected to suck now.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

And the defense before the turnovers.

And the turnovers.

And the FT%.

Silas has not fixed any of these problems since last season.

He really needs help because I'm not sure he has the right assistants.

gfab-babyboi and RocketsTerps like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Switching Hornacek with Abdelfattah would a good start to fixing offensive efficiency.

But Abdelfattah would not be as helpful on defense.

Hire Brett Brown to run defense.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas special.

DatRocketFan likes this.
  6. conquistador#11

I applauded Cylus for attempting to stagger the KPJ and Green minutes in the first half. Then in the 3rd quarter, Green goes out with 1 minute and change left and doesn't return until 4 minutes to go in the 4th. All while KPJ was on the bench with him for a large portion.
    [​IMG]

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

We fought hard but didn’t have enough

Toronto was clowning us in the 4th .

we aren’t good enough yet , but I hope we remember the disrespect.

Good tape to roll back to show positives and room for improvement . Toronto’s press is pretty damn good and even tho it’s “high school” they can do it at a high level due to length . Combine that with our lack of experience and it’s a bit ugly .

Woulda liked to see sengun get more second half minutes ... no doubt he was tired at the end of his first stretch tho .

we need to get wood a coke habit and get him on some trt . He’s not gonna change his body type at this point ... only hope for him is to get some more aggression.

Tate I love , but he’s gotta get his shooting up over the offseason .

rookies need to grow . kpj needs to just stay on his path and keep under control .

I’d sell high on Gary if possible . I like the guy , but he’s getting some calls right now that could easily dry up . Kmj needs to work on his hands and grip strength .

Scottie Barnes is a big boy .

RocketWalta likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

A PASSING CLINIC

ThatboyPhuong likes this.
  9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I love KPJ. But It’s not about the numbers. The questions were never about his physical abilities or ability to score either. It’s always been about his character and state of mind. We all know the reporting on him and I contend that his mental state/character ties into his level of play. It’s the on court decision making that I see is his weakness.

Very erratic and inconsistent despite him playing better the last 13 games or so. Still every time he touches the ball you never know what version of KPJ you’re getting. But his decision making in crucial situations, pressure situations, and when the team is going on a run leaves much to be desired.

7 TO the other night against the Pelicans. The pull up 3 despite a 3-1 fast break when down 9 against TOR. Also Bad inbound pass down 6 in 3rd. The patented driving then jumping then throwing the ball to no man’s land. Just a few examples of his reckless attitude and mindset towards protecting the ball.

This isn’t winning ball. Players are great because they make sound decisions on the court and minimize mistakes but KPJ keeps making the same mistakes and it all starts with the mind. The play on the court is a reflection of the mind. But to his defense he has been forced to play a position and role that isn’t his natural position. However, regardless, the repeated lack of focus and recklessness with the ball is a glaring issue which only he can correct and Im not sure if we will ever see this.

tehG l i d e and daywalker02 like this.
  10. raining threes

You missed the point

You can win a few games giving up 120

You aren't going to win any games giving up 139.

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

The turnover narrative is passé. He has vastly improved in that area. Lots of PG’s have bad turnover games, but now it is an anomaly with KPJ, not the norm. He has been asked to learn to be a PG and is doing an outstanding job. It doesn’t fit your personal narrative so any kind of mistake he makes despite his first full year as a PG, you will highlight. He is 21 and making massive improvements in his game. I would argue he is our best defender at this point. Tate has regressed as teams have learned to take advantage of his height and propensity to commit fouls.

Plowman likes this.
  12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tfor3 likes this.
  14. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wood such a waste of oxygen