1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Raptors @ Rockets 11/23/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 23, 2016.

1. omgTHEpotential

Dude just invaded your safe space. I feel you bro.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what can I say? I'm just a fragile snowflake and he was a big bad Dwight Only Hater.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, if you mean more than a first (maybe second) round, but we shouldn't really expect otherwise imo.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Good to hear that, at least...

5. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I turned this game off midway through the first, he reminded me too much of one of those raptors games where they embarrass us. Not gonna let them ruin my Thanksgiving, especially after what happened to the Texans. and you just knew the refs were going to help the raps out after screwing them.

Have the Rockets beat any elite teams this year? I don't count the Spurs one because they didn't have Tony Parker and we saw what happened when they did.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Play harder?

Cashmoney likes this.
  7. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

Beverly just said no one in the planet can guard this team !!!! Huh?

8. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Calm down, it's just 12 turnovers

cheke64 likes this.
  9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

A necessary wake up call on numerous accounts. Some losses are good. I'll embrace this one as a desperate need for change. Toronto games always have some storyline. (Oh, hi Tracy...remember that "defense" you played on that full court layup?) Or, witnessing what could have been with Kyle Lowry had it not been for ______? Lol, of course I'm happy to have James and others, but Toronto will always have some sort of history with us. And yeah, I'm bitter when I see some of the ridiculous shots our guys took, the pitiful defense in the paint and the player that I will have to learn to be a fan of...I'm still trying.

After tonight, DM and Les should be calling around to beef up our front court.Clint is a project. Montrezl is a project. Sam is a project (But a good one at that) DMo is still a project with an incomplete grade. That's a bit of a mess.

Morey always says he'll seek out a star to pair with James...whomever that star is does not have a contract with the Rockets. We so badly wanted this so-called "super role player" to be the answer at the 4, but it just isn't going to work out that way. I mean, if it does, great, but at this point, I'm not holding my breath. Maybe a black cloud from Detroit messed it all up. It sure disappointed me to lose LowKeyMT instead of CB, but yeah yeah, the NBA is a business

This team will have to get help via trade or free agency. We are who we are.

On a positive note, welcome back Pat Bev! Looking better tonight.

We're going to be okay...once we do some addition through subtraction. We lack toughness outside of a few guys who are no longer able to log in 38+ minutes per game.

/endRandomRant

ricardo1979, Vivi and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Appreciate hearing from you Cod. I know you aren't that high on Clint but you are a bit rough on him there, he's about the only thing right with the team right now. He's looking really good

Codman likes this.
  11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Thanks for posting COD! Hope you're feeling good. Usually your posts give me hope haha this one kind of makes me depressed for the year. I really hope Morey has something up his sleeve because this team just won't get it done as currently constructed. Really need to get some legitimate consistent players on this team. Not guys like Anderson and Gordon. Although I'm glad to have the later one. Really praying for a Milsap or Gay!

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

ESPN and the insufferable Michelle Beadle make sure during every commercial to point out Harden had 12 TO's in the loss.

13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

That's fair, and you're right. I've grown tired of big men who cannot play offense. Even with Dwight, after awhile, I grew tired of his ineffective post ups. It's frustrating to see such horrid shots from close range. I don't understand how you miss the entire rim on a hook shot.

I'm working with this kid from Sudan who is about 6'11" and is still growing, and while his defense is magnificent and he's built Ford tough, the concept of shooting with ease--especially at the free throw line--is not within his grasp yet. You better believe I show him clips of Boogie, Timmy, etc and even Young Footwork in Philly.

So, yeah, I'll admit it, and you're right. I am already bored of this generation of "bigs" who refuse to study Hakeem or some of the brilliant moves Sheed had in the post. Instead, they think DeAndre Jordan is what a true center is. There are guys who are simply tall and there are players who are legitimate centers.

I'll ease up on Clint though. He is young, but then again, I'd like James to have one more chance to win with a big man who can dominate both ends of the court. James hasn't even hit his ceiling. We've got to maximize these years.

Vivi and Cashmoney like this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I didn't know this. Maybe that's why they keep bringing it up on ESPN. I'll give them a pass. But you know those chump-ass bastids are reveling in a Drunk Harden game.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm lucky to have missed this game due to a Wednesday night function that I attend with my wife. I'm not stunned we lost; the Raptors lost two in a row, one of these being the Sacramento thing that really tweaked them off. We were back home where the players weren't going to come out with any fire, already thinking of their comfy homes and the Thanksgiving dinner waiting for them.....oh s***! Are we down by nearly twenty already?

If there is any rant, other than the obvious need for the second star, it's....12 f***ing turnovers. 12 f***ing turnovers. 12 f***ing turnovers.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Clint has played very well, considering. But a center who can open things up with some range? Can I somehow hope for Boogie or (Preacher from "Blazing Saddles") "are we just j***ing off"?

17. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I wasn't saying you had to ease up on Clint, because he is frustrating at times. But he really has come along.

If it's the right fit then I totally agree, but if it isn't I really don't want to go through that again haha. Anthony Davis would be amazing. I really think we are best off trying to get a Paul George type player as it seems more feasible. I'm intrigued that you believe Harden hasn't reached his ceiling - any more thoughts about that?

Going to be hard for him to be as great as he can be when he throws the ball away like a yoyo :(

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Just learned this (and completely random), but do you know Stockton's middle name?....

Did you really think about it?
    Did you internet search?
    HOUSTON

HTX Ninja and Dankstronaut like this.
  19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Just watched the replay of the game, actually skipped most of the third and forth....this was sooooo frustrating...I got really pissed with the uncared passes by James in the first half. That was already a red flag. I just dont understand it with this guy, he is just not a consistent leader/player. You can see it in the way he caries himself throughout the game.

To me, in all honesty, and not because this was just a terribe game, I have to say he will never win a championship, even with another star.

You can not carry yourself that way in a game. Way too careless, defense almost nonexistant, and looking for an excuse every time a player gets away from him for a basket

Ugh

Cashmoney and cheke64 like this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

-1 reputation for you @Houstunna.

Useless facts.