1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Raptors @ Rockets 11/14/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

So just to reiterate, We were without CP3, Nene, & Tucker (Who was ejected on a phantom call), our starting back court shooting 3-18 from deep, defense was horrendous, and yet we still got it within 6 in the 4th. Yeah, we're kicking their ass next time we play, this is out of the norm game for this team.

Deuce, Mazulis, ramotadab and 8 others like this.
  2. rocketsmetalspd

3 games in 4 nights caught up to the team. What happened to schedule maker, damn computer scheduler. Next two are a riot play in Phoenix on Thursday then a game on Saturday in Memphis. Oh well on with the season.

Yung-T and Pen15clubber like this.
  3. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Their 4th game in six nights/3rd game in four nights. Wonder what their record is in the 4th/3rd game in the MDA era with his short rotation?

D-rock likes this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well we are playing the Suns next, we better kick ass.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. Remlap

Remlap Member

Tonight's post game reaction

[​IMG]

Deuce, RCPM, heypartner and 2 others like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ups and downs. No worries.

Yung-T and hakeem94 like this.
  7. OTMax

OTMax Member

True, even with Tucker out, MDA refused to put anybody else in and we were already short. 7 man rotation is just awesome :confused: Raptors ran with 10 guys.

BigShasta likes this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

-- that 2nd Q officiating looked like silver was trying to send a message that HOU and harden need not have any designs on trying to spoil their promotional agenda this year
    -- pringles' rotations seem to have run our players into the ground. capela looked comatose the entire 3rd Q and EGO had no legs entire game
    -- pringles referred to "obstacles" in his postgame presser. 10 to 1 he was referencing the 3 zebras, and bennie adams in particular
    -- barney's played really well, which was expected following that 1pt loss at boston. they have a really deep bench now, which simply wore down our starters
    -- worrell's blunders can make the game viewing really annoying. this is like when a great player keeps trying to play past 40 when he should have retired at 38

BigShasta likes this.
  9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol Melo would have a defined role here. The ball actually moves around in this offense. Ryno simply is incapable of facing up and making a move off the dribble consistently.

10. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I can understand as fans we would be upset after any loss. Of course we want the Rockets to win every game they play :)

However, losses happen and it just wasn't the Rockets' night last night. No big deal. They will bounce back.

What's important moving forward is the Rockets having an "on night" more often than "off night"....as indicated by their great start to the season.

They will certainly lose more games this season, but they will be fine.

11. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I'm not so upset that we lost, but more pissed that the refs clearly had an agenda last night. I really think we can play with any team in the league, but the refs obvious bias against the Rockets and Harden in particular worries me. Another issue is our reaction to bad calls. We have to get better at playing thru terrible calls because the way we react only seems to make things worse most times.

BigShasta likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

an alternative hypothesis is that the refs simply had a bad night too. It happens. Just like the Rockets had an off night, refs can have nights where they just get into a certain rhythm calling fouls and then can't get away from it. Doesn't necessarily mean there is an "agenda" against one team or another.

I agree with this. good point.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Doesn't matter.

Did you not see harden not run back 2 times after the game was practically over?

THATS why we lost clearly

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Embarrassing loss. I've watched nearly every Rockets game since like 2002, and that first half was one of the worst defensive efforts I've ever seen. Couldn't believe what I was watching. Sure things didn't go our way, sure the refs made a ton of bad calls, but if we had given a damn on defense for more than 1.5 quarters we would have won still. God that game pissed me off. If we're sitting at 3rd or 4th at the end of the season instead of 2nd which is where we should be, games like this where we just didn't give a crap are gonna be why.

brewer's goat likes this.
  15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

So PJ Tucker didn't do a Pat BEV 3.0?

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Idk what you're referring to, but Tucker losing his cool wasn't a good look.

Mazulis likes this.
  17. joeson332

joeson332 Member

most likely gonna try to hit that game as well

DonKnock likes this.
  18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the 5th foul on harden early in the 4th when we got the lead down to 6 cements the refs' intentions for me, and i think there was a reason pringles and half our players were in bennie adams' ear all night long

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

refs make bad calls . . . even that one. He was barreling down the court with a lot of force, kind of a bang-bang play, and it could have gone either way. I agree it was a bad call, but I disagree that it signals or cements some kind of referee vendetta against Harden

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We made the Raps score 129......