1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Raptors @ Rockets 11/11/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2013.

1. MazelTov

MazelTov Member

I, like many other here also reckon that this game is a must win game.

This game might decide the atmosphere in the locker room, losing to the Lakers was frustrating enough so losing to the Raptors definitely means there is something rotten here.
    I am not trying to underestimate the Toronto Raptors, as a matter of fact I think they are not bad at all, they displayed some willing power against the undefeatable Indiana Pacers and beat Utah by a big margin.
    But yet they are not as good as the Houston Rockets, unfortunately our team doesn't fulfill half of its potential, I understand that this is only the beginning of the season and that we still need to build chemistry but if we keep this pace this team will eventually fail, I won't lie, it is pretty frustrating watching the Rockets playing basketball now.

This game is an important one because a win can induce a good atmosphere, losing this one to Toronto will only empower the frustration among the players and us fans.

Personally, I have a feeling we are going to win this one, not by a big gap but we will be able to pull this through.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen 8m

Parsons headed to rehab on back. Said he expects to play. Still having spasms.

3. hugo2000

hugo2000 Member

When Harden was forced to sit due to injury last season, I would worry about the scoring and the prospect of an eventual loss. this season, the worry is not there anymore. I thought the Harden-less negatives could be somewhat compensated by stronger defence all round and we do have enough talents to put up points, in a more fluid offence presumably.

4. me005

me005 Member

Doesn't look good...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Add Francisco Garcia to list of Rockets battling flu symptoms. Harden, Lin, Howard, Smith, too. Garcia seemed to be especially struggling.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/399950616341905408">November 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

@Jonathan_Feigen: Add Francisco Garcia to list of Rockets battling flu symptoms. Harden, Lin, Howard, Smith, too. Garcia seemed to be especially struggling.

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Man, some of you posters wouldn't last 3 days in a WW2 bunker with this defeatist attitude. The season is young and there are plenty of games to work out the kinks.

Please show some backbone. Smh...

1 person likes this.
  7. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I smell a winning streak, if we can just get our act together! We have too much talent on this team to be 4-3..

Maybe its an L.A curse. Idk, but I can only hope we got this bad play out of the way.

8. torocan

torocan Member

Ho boy. This could get rough... :eek:

9. Zalgiris

Zalgiris Member

Raptors might not play Lowry today, because he left last game with sprained ankle in the first half. And Raptors have the worst coach in the league, who doesn't foul with 26 seconds left when his team is behind. Who has good front line, but tries to match best small ball in the league (Miami) by playing Dleaguers entire second half.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Oh, wow. WTF?

11. Lihao

Lihao Member

12. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

against the Raptors we must win. :eek:

13. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

Oh for the love of god, so many people are sick. Someone SAVE US!!!

14. KlutchQT

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>To that, add Casspi's left knee, Harden's left foot and Parsons back spasms. All expect to play, but Parsons will need hours of treatment.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/399950944181305344">November 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

oh, it's time to try those young players and turn them into assets.:grin:

16. KlutchQT

I was really hoping to see Greg turn it on tonight. :(

17. cdblue10

cdblue10 Member

We got this Houston!111-91 and this is the beginning of 20 winning streaks!Book it!

18. jojolover

jojolover Member

Trap game for Raptors

19. rocketblood713

Look like another game of no effort and flu excuses

20. Apache

Apache Member

I wonder if these stubborn coaches start the twin tower again tonight?