1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pistons @ Rockets - Vegas Summer League 7/15/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 15, 2024.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Worst player of game - Cam Whitmore
    With shooting 1/15....

Dobbizzle likes this.
  2. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

Right, I don’t know why people care about stat in the summer league. We’ve seen how Reed shot wasn’t falling when he doesn’t have a leg and that has to be worked on. Steph Curry is more of a upper body shooter so him playing gassed doesn’t effect his shooting but clearly Reed need to use his lower body strength to shoot so long ways to go to be great shooter in NBA level. Hopefully he can adjust faster than Jabari because he had same problem and he still doesn’t have good lower body strength.

3. Salvy

Salvy Member

LOL! YES!!

J.R. likes this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

upload_2024-7-15_19-30-43.gif

We ran out.

ramotadab and conquistador#11 like this.
  5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Because Reed has no experience and Cam needs a lot of work.

6. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Cam shot worse in the summer league than Jalen's ever shot in the real one. He looks more in Amen's shooting tier than Jalen's tbh.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

You're playing basketball for a living. Recharge your batteries? Every morning you should get up and get on your knees and thank God that you're playing basketball for a living. Someone is actually paying you, in some cases millions and millions, in other cases hundreds of thousands at the minimum to play basketball. If you have to recharge your battery to play basketball, I understand recharging my battery that I've done three double shifts, I'm laying cement and I come home. I understand that. I don't understand that, recharge your battery for what? To be able to come out here and play basketball for a living? If we have to do that, you're in the wrong sport, you're doing the wrong thing. This is a high energy game that requires total commitment but it's a joy to play. It's fun.
    [​IMG]

Rashmon, BigMaloe, ramotadab and 4 others like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

exactly. EXACTLY.

this guy gets it.gif

sirjesse and J.R. like this.
  9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

No but he did not play well down the stretch.

10. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Member

Hey, everyone is pulling for Cam...but, you're right I think. He has a lot of potential .I'm not sold on All Star type potential..but he was a steal where we got him IMO. But, like our other young core...he is young and some immaturity coming to the fore. It happens...ditto Alpy, Bari,Tari etc. It seems that Cam is at his best when he is confident and talking it to the hole. Playing within himself and with his TEAM is still a challenge....talent aside. I thought the 3 games in 4 days took it's toll along with the Pistons D kind of breaking our will a little.

ramotadab and Stephen_A like this.
  11. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

People really forgot that Cam's shot disappeared in the last 20+ games of the season. He is still a streaky shooter and he will not see a lot minutes next season unless he shoots at a respectable clip.

12. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Really don’t know what’s going on with him but it’s got to be a concern for everyone. He played poorly in several games down the stretch last year and can’t seem to hit threes anymore. Hopefully he can make adjustments.

AuburnRocket likes this.
  13. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

Glad nobody will talk about tonight’s game thanks to USA vs Australia game that we almost blew.

Curry shooting 16% and Embiid getting owned by Jock is much bigger story to cover

ramotadab and conquistador#11 like this.
  14. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Member

Technically could have been worse...0/15 I guess.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  15. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Cam looked like he went out and enjoyed Las Vegas before the game. Damn!

Perspective. It was Summer League. Guys like Nate Williams were pushing too hard. Cam looked drunk. Reed looked tired. Just a rough night.

ramotadab likes this.
  16. Denovo

Denovo Member

No need to overreact over 1 summer league game. The man just turned 20 last week.

You can make that same statement about every young player on our team. They all need to evolve to play winning ball that’s the whole point of the rebuild.

Sonicbun8 and ramotadab like this.
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Cut him.

coachbadlee likes this.
  18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

CamBron should not have played. He screwed them in this one.
    Jeenathan went off!!
    AJ Griffin finally shows up.
    Robinson staying hot.
    Reed was tested and came through unscathed.

ramotadab likes this.
  19. forchette49

forchette49 Member

Outscored 37-13 with 3:28 left in the 3rd quarter...

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm guessing players like AJ and Nate were told to be more aggressive and attempt to score. Well, I'm sure AJ was. This may be their way of getting a better look at these dudes and what they can do. Or something. I'm still recovering.