1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pistons @ Rockets 3/22/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 21, 2007.

1. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

If Rasheed is on fire, we're not going to win this game. He can bomb from behind the arc or take it down low. Chuck is too small to guard him, just hope he isn't on fire.

Other than that, it's a so so matchup. Maybe Yao can put Sheed in foul trouble, but who knows...

Tayshaun can't even hope to guard T-Mac if he's trying. Hamilton will be slowed down by Battier. Flip has been playing well so I don't know what Rafer is going to do to change that. Just hope Billups doesn't play and we got a good shot.

They can't guard Yao...let's hope he's feeling it.

Rockets win a close one.

2. brambly

brambly Member

chauncy is no away to be there, on the other hand we have one 90%TMac + 80%Yao combinition , so we will get a 5-stre wins.

3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

preview's up... these are the things I wait for on off-days

4. goyao11

goyao11 Member

sheed and webber cannot guard yao one on one, but pistons can shut him down through double teaming and forcing him to play defense against fast, mobile centers (webber/Mcdysse/and Sheed to some extent)

i expect him to get a 25 pt game with maybe 9 rebounds...he'll probably have some foul trouble

im really scared about the piston's backcourt...last time they got owned by billlups and hamilton's cutting and sharpshooting.

Tmac should do well and the HouRox should win if three pointers are there,

5. YAO&MAC

YAO&MAC Member

A win... But will be really ugly.

Yao double double agian.
    TMac trible double.

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

We NEED to win this game. Go Roxs. :p

7. htownzplaya03

htownzplaya03 Member

8. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

Loss. TMac has a quiet night as Tayshaun's long arms make TMac clank jumper after jumper. 1.5 legged Webber isnt going to stop Yao. Maybe McDyess and Webber make Yao kick the rock out to our perimeter players who decide to build a brick house. I'm sad already :(

9. crazyz

crazyz New Member

Rock win, 98:92

10. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

A DOG FIGHT!!!!!! Rox Pit Bulls vs. Piston Poodles

11. baylorbear09

baylorbear09 Member

wow, thank you negative nancy. i don't see how t-mac will do anything other than school prince. have some freakin faith

12. Bank_Shot

Bank_Shot Contributing Member

We need to feed Yao as much as possible in this game. I don't see Chris Webber stopping anybody at this point of his career, leave alone the best center in the league.

13. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

I agree with you baylorbear09. T-Mac will just breeze past Tayshaun Prince. Or outjump him. Prince shouldn't be able to stop T-Mac (on paper).

My worry is a Chris Webber - Rasheed Wallace tag team on Yao Ming. Do you guys remember what Jonathan Feigen of the Chronicle said? Only very few teams have the right personnel (fast, mobile, strong) to tag team Yao out of the game right from the start (e.g. the Suns). I think the Pistons have the right personnel in Webber and Wallace.

Question now is this. Can Chuck Hayes dump in at least 15 points? Can our 3 point shooters get their marksmanship back up again? What will Yao do against a fast, mobile and strong tag team?

14. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

well he did drop 43 and 24 on his last 2 times he played v. prince. prince was so helpless hamilton was then put on him :D

but it depends on tracy. if he sees yao struggling w/ the possible tag-teaming of webber and wallace, he'll take over. if yao is good, he'll coast.

15. longliverox

longliverox Member

It is tough against Pistons. I hope ROX can win this and have a big winning streak. Let's see what ROX can do. GO GO GO !!!!!!!!!

16. Matador

Matador Member

a few notes from around the web:

http://www.nba.com/pistons/news/practice_070321.html
    article detailing the Pistons practice yesterday. said Billups and Hamilton are hurting but expected to play. Side note: heard yesterday on 610 AM , I believe, that JVG gave the Rockets the day off from practice. Will we have fresher legs?

rockets.com preview of game a few quotes about how the Pistons are good etc., etc.

funny, on the front page of pistons.com there is a poll:
    What are you looking forward to watching in Thursday's Pistons-Rockets game?
    If Chauncey plays 57%
    C-Webb vs. Juwan 24%
    T-Mac 13%
    Yao 6%

I guess there aren't many YOF visiting pistons.com

Should be a heck of a game.

17. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

damn it why does billups need to come back today of all days..

this should really help the pistons, billups can shoot and take rafer/luther down to the block..

sheed would be THE perfect power forward for this rockets team, and he can really hurt us.

battier can try to lock down rip, but rip does a lot of cutting and coming off screens which means it's gotta be good team defense.

we need mac's shot to be on tonight to pull it out. yao will get his.

18. joeguo

joeguo Contributing Member

Will someone post a mms tonight? Seems that Chinese stream tv won't cover the game.

19. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

http://myp2p.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10749

check there before the game and see if they update one.

20. ericmark

ericmark Member

98:71, Rox comes out of the ugly win of the pacer game and blows out piston.