1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pistons @ Rockets 12/15/2009

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

Have fun at the game

2. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Have fun bro, you are going to love the seats. The view of the game is absolutely fantastic.

I will be there in my seats. Sec 114.

3. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

rockets win easily 105-87.

4. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Pistons actually got a pretty big lineup coming off the bench with C Brown 6'11, SF Daye 6'10, and PF Villanueva 6'11....but with that said, rockets win tonight

Rockets 98
    Pistons 87

5. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Pistons have won 5 straight, so I hope we dont over-look them. I think Stuckey and Brooks are going to battle tonight. I'm gonna be there ftw!

6. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

No way we overlook Detroit. I see a Rockets victory by a slim margin. Taylor gets first meaningful minutes and gets seven points or so. Demonstrates that he can be a rotation player in 2nd half of season if trade and/or injuries give him an opportunity.

7. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I think it'll be a close game. Detroit has been on a roll lately

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Their going to battle for the title of best point guard of the draft class of 2007!!!! :grin:

9. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I just read on FB that Budinger will be starting tonight.

Air Bud takes flight tonight!

10. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

We better win this. We need to win the game we suppose to win to keep us above .500

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah, WIN.

C-bud starting is going to be awesome. He needs to start and Taylor needs to get some playing time bad.

Can't WAIT.

Also, Pistons are suffering getting over injuries and questionable, I say it makes their lineup rusty. This may thrown them off. Rockets with 103-94

12. The Veeg

The Veeg Contributing Member

Don't forget that Detroit sold CBud to the Rockets for 2Mil. You think he remembers that?

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

From what I've read they had a preexisting agreement to draft him for the Rockets. They never would have drafted him had Morey not made a phone call.

14. The Veeg

The Veeg Contributing Member

Regardless, they used that pick on Bud so it can be used for extra motivation if he chooses to do so. It's still interesting that he gets a start with the team that was used to purchase the pick and essentially his rights.

15. Ariza_Brooks

Ariza_Brooks Member

rockets are finally on one hd in australia
    i can finally watch them on my 60 inch tv :grin:
    without watching it on a lagging computer :mad:

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Brooks finally gets a wing that can score to play with, watch his efficiency adn the starters efficiency go up.

DD

17. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

It's only one game. To really see the effect, you'd need to see it over several games. Chase could have an off game, he could get into foul trouble early, etc...

That does bring up an interesting point, though. Battier and Hayes are highly limited as scorers, probably as much as any two other players at their positions in the league. Ariza is one of the least efficient scorers at his position in the league. Scola is solid but on night's where he is struggling for whatever reason, like he did against the Raptors early on, Brooks ends up on an island, offensively. As much as we all love the idea of ball movement and player movement, there are a lot of plays in every game where nothing is available and one player is forced to initiate something on his own. When you only have one guy that can do that with reasonable effectiveness and he is the smallest guy on the court, well...

I do imagine that if the starting lineup was Brooks, Budinger, Ariza, Landry and Andersen and Lowry was playing more with Battier, Hayes, Ariza and Scola, a lot of things would change as far as the performances of our starters and our bench. The offense would improve for our starters but the defense would get worse... much worse. The opposite would be true for our bench.

18. jerestang

jerestang Member

I just got back from Sydney last weekend and the whole 3 weeks i was there, they didn't show any Rockets game at all :(

19. rockets_fanatic

We win by 5, Taylor dunks and is projected by clutchfans to be the next Lebron.

20. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

Tmac playing???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.