1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pistons @ Rockets 1/1/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Did anyone else mention how Cade Cunningham looked like a bust last night or nah?

roslolian and SamFisher like this.
  2. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

I think it is ime's style to have changes slowly on these kind of things. There are other things he could implement too but he is more focused on fundamentals and do not introduce many new things. In this case, he expects Green to set straight other things first, and I believe it is a similar situation with Cam.

roslolian and BigMaloe like this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He joins Amen & Ausar in the "back off this guy" club

Verbal Christ likes this.
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Green does need to get better with keeping the ball though. I feel defenders can slap the ball away from him waaaaay to easily. Any mechanics that you guys see as the issue? I'd imagine is something he can get much better at. Same with his finishing ability, he just doesn't have the creativity that some other players have and I feel he gets blocked too easily or he just throw up prayers at times because he can't contort his body well enough in mid air. Any way he can get better at that?

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Its literally just strength imo. He gets pushed from his spots soooo easy. So one small forearm bump, and hes off balance losing the ball.

That plus his handle has never been great or that tight.
    This is a great point. I do believe Udoka has said something about doing things very similar to this iirc.

ElPigto, roslolian and AlperenSengun like this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Jalen has so many things he can improve but at this time his no 1 priority should be shooting and defense. With his burst and speed he doesn't need to do so many acrobatic stuff he just needs to get stronger and that will come with time. In fact I don't want him to do any contorting it's better to do straight line drives and either finish or get fouled.

ElPigto likes this.