1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pelicans @ Rockets 12/28/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 27, 2013.

1. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

I think Harden is a better creator of shots when there are no picks, but if there is a pick set for him, Lin is just as good, if not, better creator of shots. There are very few picks set for Lin. You go back to his Knicks days: Tyson Chandler set pretty good picks for him all the time, whenever Lin motioned him.

2. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

You see CP3 and Tony Parker playing, there are so many willing teammates setting picks for them.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Can't score any other way, though. Doesn't have a midrange game this season, and good lord, look at his freethrow attempts! 31 games and 650 minutes, yet the dude is 7-11 at the line. Only 11 freaking attempts! Incredible. I knew he didn't go to the line a lot, but had no idea it was this bad. Something is not right in Garcia Land, for sure.

Stats from ClutchFans:

http://www.clutchfans.net/stats.cfm

4. timyeung

timyeung Member

I disagree. My opinion is that Lin would rather set up his teammates in the first three quarters to get them going, and take open or easy shots for himself. But of course he adjusts to what the defense gives him. If the game is still close in the fourth quarter, he is then more likely to attack the basket to score or draw fouls for his team. (He has been clutch in the fourth these last two games). In every interview he has ever had in the NBA, he has always praised others but not himself.

5. FeaR

FeaR Member

I made Howard only Highlights
    TJ was also very good. If i have time , i will upload his highlights too.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G45i5r0mG7Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. SirKen

SirKen Member

This so much.

You never knew if you were going to get the good Delfino or the bad Delfino on offense but you knew that he was going to be there and he was going to bail you out more often than dig you in.

We should have kept Delfino!

7. Apache

Apache Member

If Beverley wasnt hurt,Mchale probably play Beverley in the 4th quarter on both games memphis and new orlean. Mchale no other choice but to leave lin out there in the 4th quarter lol

If Beverley was healthy to play, Mchale probably snatch lin to the bench real fast lol

8. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

If rockets are developing lin to be a mini harden SG. His days in rockets will soon be over.
    This lin manu role is a fool's dream.

9. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

Thnx brother....Dwight keeps polishing his post game .......cant wait for playoffs...

10. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

don't u feel nostalgic about it? it's like the early Yao days with YOF.
    Where are these YOF now?
    http://www.yaomingmania.com/forum/

11. bws

bws Member

Lin wil get traded, he won't be a Rocket, it's coming soon. Let's sing the chorus. What's the point of this post?

Anyway, in terms of how they play, Lin is more like Parker and Harden like Ginobili. Parker said that about Lin and Harden said he was something like Ginobili.

12. Solaris

Solaris Member

Don't worry, they'll come up with another thing to pick on. On the other thread regarding reverse layup gifs, some people were complaining Lin finished with right hand instead of left hand, even though its obvious done to avoid being blocked.

13. ILoveWhiteGirls

Maybe I'm being a homer or just dumb but we have the right pieces to reach the finals. Just give it some time, we're getting there.

14. Solaris

Solaris Member

I think only people set picks for Lin is Asik and Greg Smith. DH has been coming out to set picks for DH couple times per game recently, but he doesn't set good picks and he doesn't roll hard. If he rolls hard to the rim, Harden can throw him easy alley-loops.

15. Solaris

Solaris Member

Sorry typo. meant to say DH has been setting picks for Harden.

16. Chris Jent MVP

ALMOST... we need some better bench pieces.

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Nope we need better shooters off the bench. Cas and Garcia won't do. We also need a backup Center because Asik will only give half effort coming off the bench instead of trying to get a Chip.

18. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Glad you also noticed it.