1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pelicans @ Rockets 12/16/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 16, 2016.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

#541 tehG l i d e, Dec 17, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    Balldon'tlie and RocketsTerps like this.
  2. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

This, Anderson works for this offense. This team has a chance to do something special for the my 37th birthday coming up this June.

4. alethios

alethios Member

Damn, and I was going to start a poll thread on how soon the Rockets would break the NBA 3s made in a game record. Gotta be quicker than that!

5. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

It is an NBA record.

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Why are people so obsessed with records and if you are going to focus on it so much, why not get it right? The record is 25 threes, I don't care about regular season vs. play-offs record. The most threes made ever in an NBA game by a team is 25...also, if you shoot over 60 threes, you better make 24. I'm not impressed sorry, the 23 out of 37 by the Magic is still way more impressive. Sorry but not seeing how this is all that great, aside from we won with a 20+ margin and some of our players actually hit the 3 ball at a good clip in Gordon and Harden.

hakeem94 and macho GRANDE like this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Besides the record night, I really like how Witljer (not sure if name spelled right) stood up and does that cheer of his every time his teammates makes a three. Sometime he stands up before they even attempt the 3 pointers. Does he stand up like 60ish time today or can he tell beforehand if it's going in? We are doing great, but brown and ennis at least needs to contribute by being better cheerleaders. GO ROCKETS!

8. PhiSlammaJamma

We'll never be able to sell this arena, there was a bloodbath out there.

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This is what sets people who understand basketball apart from the people who don't. First of all, let's not consider his salary worth as an individual person. That's just stupidity at its finest. A player's worth is how much the team values him. In the Rockets case, we value him a lot for what his skillset brings to our team and how it elevates Harden's to another level.

Secondly, even if this was the single ability of Anderson (which it isn't), this ability alone still provides numerous benefits to our offense and Harden's game. Consider the implications of what that statement means. We not only add another shooter to the offense, but a shooting BIG MAN as well. This means that when the opposing power forward, one of the biggest bodies on the floor, cannot sit around inside and not only clog the paint, but able to quickly come over to help cover Harden when he penetrate, which is one the biggest strengths of Harden's game.

Lastly, while on our team his role is to largely stay out of Harden's way and wait for a kick out for a three, Anderson's offense is far more than that. This is simply what he is asked to do ON OUR TEAM when playing with Harden. He has a good midrange game and can hit turnarounds. He also has an underrated post game, despite what some folks like to claim. Haven't you noticed that in clutch situations, he has often hit shots in a variety of ways?

Point is, Anderson the player might not be worth $18M or whatever, but Anderson the Rocket player definitely is worth it. The implications of having a stretch 4 that the defense can't just leave alone regardless of how poorly he shoots for the night are HUGE.

IvanLCPM and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

You are a hoot. Anyone tell you that? Get some Sun

RCPM, Richie_Rich, YaoMing#1 and 2 others like this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy

12. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

What's your thing with media conspiracy Os? Just curious.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Was just looking at box score, and Anderson got +/- 22(hear people btching and moaning for trade). Can someone explain +/- to me? I have to note that our coach man system makes everyone better. I know that Bev is good and all, but 8 assists dammmmmm! It could be our system, a weak team, or our shooters, but whatever it is I'm enjoying the ride~~~~~

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the litany in the GARM for the last year or two is how the media hates the Rockets. I thought that last year in particular the Rockets just sucked and deserved all the abuse they got, Harden included. But of course conspiracy theorists gotta conspiracy theorize,so I still help out the best I can. :D

#554 Os Trigonum, Dec 17, 2016
    hakeem94 likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know about all the +/- either, and don't know how much of that is just excess stats without a lot of real meaning. Sometimes it has to do with all the players around them as well, and they get mixed up a lot with the substitutions. Sometimes Anderson plays with the second unit, and when Gordon and McDaniels are in the assists drop, because they don't pass the ball as much as Beverly.

Anderson is actually our second best 3pt shooter according to Rotoworld, but he goes through nights where he doesn't score consistently. From best to worst percentages are Gordon .442 (226), Anderson .396 (169), Beverly .394 (26), Ariza .383 (196), Dekker .381 (63), and then Harden .360 (228). Guess who has taken the most shots? Harden of course. Beverly needs to take a lot more of those shots.

Wiltjer is actually shooting .500, but has only taken 6 shots. I would like to see him get more minutes when we have big leads.

16. Fantasma Negro

Dang Pat was two assists away from a triple double, that's how good this team is

Richie_Rich likes this.
  17. joomba

joomba Member

Your Harden hating is just ridiculous; Harden has the lowest percentages because he takes a lot of off-the-dribble, difficult 3s. You know, he actually creates his own shot. That's the same reason why Curry is not leading the league in 3PT% right now - if Harden and Curry only took easy catch-and-shoot, wide open 3s, their percentages would be much higher. BTW, when Harden partly played that role in OKC, he shot 39% from behind the arc.

#557 joomba, Dec 17, 2016
    hakeem94 likes this.
  18. joomba

joomba Member

For those who don't remember, Harden actually came in 3rd place in last year's three point contest, only behind Klay and Curry and tied with JJ Redick, while blowing out Lowry and C.J. McCollum out of the water, who are very good three point shooters themselves.

http://www.nba-allstar.com/contests/3point/2016.htm

Harden, Lillard and Paul George all have similar career 3PT% at 36-37%, but they are actually much better shooters than the numbers indicate, and definitely better than some random spot-up shooter who averages 40% on much fewer attempts. The degree of difficulty of the shots taken and the ability to shoot off-the-dribble is what separates real elite offensive players from mere role players (prime example : Kobe.)

#558 joomba, Dec 17, 2016
  19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Jesus dude time to re-up that Zoloft prescription.

vlaurelio, Richie_Rich and hakeem94 like this.
  20. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Anyone know where I can rewatch the game??
    I fell asleep during the first quarter cuz I was too drugged out on flu/cold medicine!!
    Dam you sickness!