1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Panathinaikos @ Rockets 10/11/2007 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2007.

1. blender

blender Member

To make these games fairer, they should play two games, with one game being played by NBA rules and the other by FIBA rules.

Or maybe they can just split one game, and play each half by the different rules and confuse the hell out of everyone. :)

2. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

That picture of Mike James rising up for a jumpshot looks so damn weird. For some reason, it looks like his body is going in all directions. It's mind bottling!

3. Coca Cola Scola

Man, there looks like a lot empty seats in the arena. I hope Rocket fnas pack the house when the season starts so that the crowd can be a real boost this season.

4. Coca Cola Scola

[​IMG]

I meant this picutre....right behind Scola is a row of empty seats.

5. Coca Cola Scola

Drats...maybe this time the ritght pic will post.

[​IMG]

6. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

The lakers lose.

7. Barkley

Barkley Member

Don't worry. That's only preseason so I think that's the reason.

8. cmiller

cmiller Contributing Member

Did anyone notice how RA shook his players hands when they came off the court? I know it's not that big a deal but it's a far cry from last year when even after a good game JVG sometimes looked as if he couldn't have cared less.

9. Coca Cola Scola

The camera panned the sideliens and it showed the players after the half shaking hands or hugging.....like they do before the game starts where they hug and do the double tap thing on each other's shoulders.....they panned to Bonzi and Rafer shaking hands....and some other players in the background that I can't remember. or them sometimes standing in unison. I don't know if this is some ritual for team unity...

As for the Rockets arena, I hope we pack the arena and give the Rockets a real homecourt advantage like the Warriors got from Oracle Arena when they made the playoffs. The Rockets have put an exciting team togehter this year...they should pack the house.

10. poprocks

poprocks Member

I agree, that would be more fun to watch. Play like the first half by NBA rules and the second half by FIBA rules. Or just make two games that last the equivalent of a half. First game would be over in 20 minutes and then play the second game for 20 minutes.

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Unfortunately it's also the norm during regular season...

12. Barkley

Barkley Member

Well I don't know. I have not ever been to Toyota Center. But it's easy that preseason is pretty borin' so less people coem to see a game

13. Mad-Mac

Mad-Mac Member

Hell, it was about regular during the post season. Tip off wasn't even close to full for the Toy Box. Damn late arriving crowds...