1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Panathinaikos @ Rockets 10/11/2007 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2007.

1. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Game photos from this easy rout of Panathinaikos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gotrock?

gotrock? Member

Living in VA, I did get both of these games on League Pass and also got to see some of these guys in Summer League and Scola in Fiba competition. That being said, Scola is definitely the real deal and needs to start. He's not a #1 guy like Tracy or Yao but he'll definitely be the guy that makes the team unstoppable because you won't be able to leave him alone and double down on Mac or Yao and we know what happens when those guys are in single coverage.
    MJ still doesn't seem like he should be in the starting unit to me--he's talented but the guy is just itching to shoot every time he touches the ball and it leads to a little hesitation when he passes, it's just not second nature...let him relive his Toronto glory days playing with the 2nd unit.
    Rafer looks a lot better in this offense especially without the pressure of being the 3rd scorer--he's so emotional, I don't think he'd ever do well with JVG over his shoulder anyway.
    Yao is Yao and he does a lot of high post/low post even with Team China so he's OK
    Hope to God that Harris sticks somehow even if I wouldn't bet on it from a financial standpoint
    SF3, Brooks, Battier, Hayes and even T-Mac seem like they're just coming around, kinda easing into the pool rather than jumping in
    Haven't seen enough to warrant keeping Novak, Snyder, Lucas or Butler although I hope Butler wakes up b/c we could use a big body for the post-Deke years

Just my observations...that and 50 wins in our sleep, even in the West LOL

3. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

MORE game photos of this game with Panathinaikos.....

And Vasillis Spanoulis' biggest fan, the owner of the Greek restaurant Nikos Nikos looked p!$$ed about his compatriots being routed.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

Haha i just wanted to see people whine about how good the euroleague is and say that v span wasnt playing. But seriously they were trying to win the game and kirk freaking snyder was lighting them up. The euroleague pales in comparision to the nba. And the reason why America loses in international competion is that we dont have a national team with chemistry. If we had one that practiced together for more than a month, we would manhandle all those teams too. Plus KOBE never played in any of the competions. No American team with kobe is gonna lose. Euroleague rules suck btw. Moving screens, taking 4 steps, flopping. They can take that **** back to soccer and leave it there.

5. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

[​IMG]

What is steve doing lol

6. Shay

Shay Member

It was really fun to see this game.
    Francis looked good , it's between him and Rafer the starting pg.
    Right now with an advantage to Rafer since he has been playing great.
    I love it when Rafer is looking to distribute , he shouldn't shoot the ball unless he has too , especially if his shot is ain't falling.
    I do expect his shot to improve this season though since he will get his open looks after ball movement , and this year we won't be so dependent on making three's , so less pressure on him.

7. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

Nobody seem to remember Rafer last pre-season when he did good then too. They talk about how he worked on his jump shot all off season yada yada yada. He did great last pre-season too, but when the regular season started he had this thing about making himself third scorer, which shouldn't have been him.

8. Jacob Kell

Jacob Kell Member

Wow, a really good performance by Rockets yesterday..Especially from Scola.Well he had something to prove to Panathinaikos guys..

But come on.Give Panathinaikos some credit.I mean i read somewher in the middle that even a NBDL team would beat them..That is just bitter. We all know that NBA teams are one step higher than European ones...at every prospect (talent,structure basis, funds). It's a sure thing...But yesterday's game was a comedy at some point.
    I mean no way coach Adelman reached to a conclusion about his team playing level at this point..It was like a match between David and Goliath, only this time Goliath had the full advantage. Of cource, i din not Panathinaikos to be a difficult opponent. And coach Obradovic overreacted many times..but he had a point. Refs should be a little more lenient so we could see a better game...PAnathinaikos is not a mediocre team...he is 4 times European Champion and that says something by its self.

At the end, Rockets seem to be a serious contender for the Finals this year. I hope T-MAc and Yao remain healthy this year..and the ring is ours

9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Not to continually beat this into the ground, but that was Jeff. Rafer did what he was told. Yes it sucked, but it was JVG's gameplan.

Evan

10. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

Can we just all agree that rafer is playing well in the PRESEASON, and that we hope he will play well in the regular season. Thats all we can hope for right. He is neither great, nor does he suck. Lets reserve judgement either way, for or against him once the season starts and gets going. Until then, just enjoy watching fun basketball, and rooting for the rockets.

11. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

im in the blue sitting near the rails.. and i believe the people to my right were related to Justin Reed .. and Jacoby Jones showed up to the game courtside

12. jtvarghe

jtvarghe Member

WOW!!!!! luis played so well.... 8/10 shots he schooled the greeks.....hope he does the same to nba type players.....can't want till the season starts!!!!!!!

13. Rover16

Rover16 Member

That greek team is nothing without vspan.

14. k1v170

k1v170 Member

the game was good man, those greek rowdies were a little annoying tho. GO ROCKETS RED ROWDIES!!!!!!

15. darnbni99a

darnbni99a Member

16. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

day dream. :p

i don't expect 8 of 10 nite in and nite out.

if you are talking about good #, he has done that against very good nba players already in 2007 FIBA America.

17. Barkley

Barkley Member

That Rafer's photo is the best...

18. thiuronium

thiuronium Member

Why do we have back to back games even in preseason?

19. acer01

acer01 Member

I think that Rafer did play too much back then, taking all the juices out of him for the whole season. now, he has to play less but harder for keeping his job because of Mikey and stevey

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

How'd you get the games on League Pass?? I ordered it and have not been able to see either of the games and I live outside of the houston area like you do.

Oh btw was it just me or do the rockets have new warmup outfits this year? They look different