1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 3/27/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 26, 2013.

1. muas2010

muas2010 Member

That's a misconception. Out of OKC, Indiana, and Miami....the last is the only team that Lin seems to have a tough time with. He played well against OKC...and did the same with Indiana last year with the Knicks.

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I still can't believe how awful DMo has played the last few games. Jeez he's absolutely killing us!

3. Grigori

Grigori Member

That's one of our problem tonight. Yeah, we are only a mediocre team when we go full Harden, even on days when Harden is playing well. Going full Harden when Harden is playing like dog poo, on the other hand, well, that gets real ugly real fast.

Our other problem tonight was Roy Hibbert. The dude absolutely dominated us in the paint and on the board. He took his two breaks at end of 1st-start of 2nd and end of 3rd-start of 4th and in those 11 minutes Hibbert sat, we were +12. In the 37 minutes he played, we were -21. He was the difference maker tonight. The others were riding his coattails (Stephenson did alright I guess, as everybody who gets the green light to attack LOL Harden on offense usually does...).

Still, in the end, we only lost by 9. If we didn't go full Harden on offense, we would have had a good chance of winning. Our offense is just infinitely better when we don't go full Harden. On a night when Harden is playing like dog poo, doubly so.

4. hbomb

hbomb Member

I didn't get to watch the game, but looking at the box score, George Hill went for 1/11 shooting...2p/5a ..what happened?

I didn't really expect to win anyway, but keep positive. Lin will pick up (i hope) and beverly is doing excellent off the bench.

5. Camaro ZL1

Camaro ZL1 Member

I just don't agree with J.Harden ISO thingy.

6. mothman

mothman Member

The reason is simple, Parsons played like garbage tonight. 11pts on 5/14 & only 2 rebounds for 40+minutes.

7. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

bad offensive as a primary ball handler tonight + suck defense as usual.
    very typical Mchale's Game plan. LOL.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

First Quarter
    6:56 12-5 Donatas Motiejunas shooting foul (Roy Hibbert draws the foul)
    6:56 Roy Hibbert misses free throw 1 of 2 13-5
    6:56 Pacers offensive team rebound 13-5
    6:56 13-5 Thomas Robinson enters the game for Donatas Motiejunas
    6:56 Roy Hibbert makes free throw 2 of 2 13-5
    6:37 13-7 Chandler Parsons makes driving layup (James Harden assists)
    6:26 13-7 Thomas Robinson shooting foul (Tyler Hansbrough draws the foul)
    6:26 Tyler Hansbrough makes free throw 1 of 2 14-7
    6:26 Tyler Hansbrough makes free throw 2 of 2 15-7
    6:13 15-7 Jeremy Lin misses 23-foot three point jumper
    6:13 Roy Hibbert defensive rebound 15-7
    5:58 Lance Stephenson makes 20-foot two point shot (George Hill assists) 17-7
    5:45 17-9 Chandler Parsons makes 7-foot two point shot (Jeremy Lin assists)
    5:28 Tyler Hansbrough makes dunk (Roy Hibbert assists) 19-9
    5:15 19-9 Jeremy Lin lost ball turnover (Tyler Hansbrough steals)
    5:11 Tyler Hansbrough makes dunk (George Hill assists) 21-9
    4:52 21-9 Jeremy Lin bad pass (Paul George steals)
    4:50 21-9 Jeremy Lin shooting foul (Paul George draws the foul)
    4:50 Paul George makes free throw 1 of 2 22-9
    4:50 22-9 Patrick Beverley enters the game for Jeremy Lin

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=400278784

If you go back and look at the play-by-play, you can see that this game was lost in the first quarter. We played the Pacers evenly once the substitutions started, first DMO, then Lin. I think the tactic of using the second unit this way was OK. We played the Pacers evenly from then, and the Pacers were playing well! We just couldn't recover from the first quarter deficit. It took too much energy.

Hibbert was on NBA TV two days ago fired up demanding that the Pacers must play better, and that was after a win! It was easily known that the Pacers were going to come in charged up. The Rockets shouldn't need this motivation though. They are in a playoff race. They lose focus sometimes.

Don't take it personal about Lin. It was a bad start in the first quarter and McHale took the game in a different direction, which didn't win the game, but was pretty good in terms of playing even with the Pacers. The Pacers were playing really well!

In the stretch between the DMO and Lin substitutions, the deficit reached a point we never recovered from.

9. JustaFan

JustaFan Member

Well said...

10. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

LOL i'm sure a lot of players struggle against the top 2 teams in the east, and perhaps the best team in the west.
    Against OKC this year he's shooting 49% 7.3 assists, 3.7 rebounds, 2.3 steal and 14 ppg in 3 contests.

Miami he struggles with cause they lock him down like he's the Melo of the team or something.

11. nono

nono Member

Pure garbage, just like most of your posts.

12. art

art Member

starters lost the gm in the first quarter. bench played well and got them back in it. mchale didnt adjust when the gm got close.

13. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

nah, assists are overrate when you dominate the ball so much. If you're either taking the shot, or the making the one pass to the guy who takes a shot then of course youre going to rack up assists.

Just like Allen Iverson, he had the ball way too much and took too many shots (but at least 76ers were less talented than the rockets) but he still averaged 6,7,8 assists a season.

Rockets have to move the ball more. Yes most guy with Harden cant create their own shot, but move the ball and how about create a shot as a team once in a while.

14. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

if steph curry was a rocket people would going off on how he's wildly inconsistent shooting the ball.

15. Camaro ZL1

Camaro ZL1 Member

I also dislike the fact J.Harden not moving the ball enough or fast enough, he held on to the ball too long, long enough for the opponent team to adjust their defense.

16. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I don't mind him doing this in the last several minutes if the team is up, but damn...when you are down by double digits...speed up please.:grin:

17. autoprt

autoprt Member

how about the nuggets?

18. autoprt

autoprt Member

believe me i want jlin to do well but i'm concerned and trying to figure out when some games he's over 20 pts and other games scores 6? the only thing i can come up with is match up and the reason i'm keying on him is because when he along with parsons play well the team usually wins.

19. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Lin will be fine. He is still somewhat young and all of these young players go through some growing pain period.Samething with Parsons. Right now he is struggling with his 3pt shot so I like to see him cut towards the basket more.

20. Grigori

Grigori Member

It wasn't Smith over Asik; it wasn't Beverley over Lin; it wasn't T-Rob over D-Mo; it was Hibbert sitting on the Pacers bench.

None of the rotation subs we did was making that much of a net difference. Every single player we threw on the floor out there was a solid net negative against Hibbert (T-Rob -7, Beverley -8, Smith -5 against Hibbert, less negative but in fewer minutes vs Hibbert than the starters had). The only players managing to get small net positives were the ones who just happened to be on the floor for the 11 minutes Hibbert was sitting on the Pacers bench instead of absolutely dominating the living crud out of us in the paint and on the board.