1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 12/26/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2023.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I’m sick and tired of seeing that crap. Gotta say that I admire the players putting up with the obvious blown calls and no calls. The restraint is remarkable, and not just of the players. The coaching staff put in countless hours working with them, preparing for games, and some chump refs stick their brown noses into the mix. It ain’t basketball and it’s a hell of a temptation to think the refs placed bets on the outcome.

I’m not sure if this is good for my health. I wouldn’t want to check my blood pressure right now.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

No member of the press even asked a single question about Alpi's performance tonight.

I guess that's a good sign, we just kind of expect that sort of performance from our franchise player.

Jags, HD729, maypk and 10 others like this.
  3. WestendMassive

This is the face of unspeakable corruption

[​IMG]

I bet she was lonely on Christmas because you can just tell she has no friends

RocketsFido, Dredd, sirjesse and 5 others like this.
  4. csc177

csc177 Member

What I saw this man do on that one fast break was unforgivable. I felt the wrath Ime had when he immediately took Jalen out.

if we had a competent 2 guard we’d be 5+ games over 500

WestendMassive likes this.
  5. SamsonCorletwo

If you lose team like Hawks and Paces in the home,I'm pretty dame sure you will regret this kind of lose in April
    I dont know other guy what feeling is,I'm very piss this lose

PeterKingX likes this.
  6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Udoka sounds like hes still got hope Jalen improves but he did say its unfortunate with the way he's playing because it is causing a lot of their offensive struggles and he's having to play other guys and reduce his minutes.

don grahamleone and Roomba like this.
  7. Sengun

Sengun Member

He has real trade value of himself. He's just got what he deserves. He won't get anything better than that because he is not that player. He is basically BUST. If you don't trade him now, probably he's gonna be FA next year.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Idk if Jalen Green got comfortable with his status as a #2 pick and players around the league giving him props

he must redeem himself tomorrow

u can’t go out sad B2B nights right after Christmas

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

That photo is a flagrant 2.

10. TimDuncanDonaut

[​IMG]

AroundTheWorld and napalm06 like this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Messed up and let him do that commercial lol

Reeko likes this.
  12. Sengun

Sengun Member

Her place is kitchen not basketball court.

13. csc177

csc177 Member

He is who we thought he is. Another stinker coming tomorrow when Booker starts to cook him.

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Im not a fan of Green's game at this point but i dont think he's really as bad as hes been playing.
    It's definitely mental at this point, but it doesnt really matter. Either way hes got to improve or hes got to go if the Rockets want to take the next step.

15. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

The announcers on NBAtv kinda ticked me off after the game though. They're Greg Anthony and (I think) Dennis Scott.
    They gave Hali his props (which they should) but then gave love to Turner for his key fou....er.... block on Alpi at the end.
    And they were even showing it in replay, the slow mo where you can see Turner foul him on his off arm 1st! Crickets!!!

I don't know if they missed the game feed where Hollins showed Turner fouling Alpi as they had the replay there too AND missed it the 2nd time when they showed it RIGHT as they were talking about it.
    Are those guys blind AND deaf?

16. WestendMassive

I said before that I hope she never gets laid again but that face is already doing a great job in that regard

17. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rhythm player is a synonym for “ball-dominant player who has to dribble the air out of the ball in order to score.” No team should be catering to a “rhythm player” because they don’t play winning basketball. The Rockets had one of the greatest rhythm players in NBA history in James Harden, but without Chris Paul or a fluke game by Brewer and Josh Smith, his ceiling was the 2nd round of the playoffs. Jalen is several tiers below Harden and lacks many, many of the skills that justified Harden being so ball dominant.

The sooner the Rockets can add a shooting guard who can play in a system without needing said system to be catered to him, the sooner we win games like the one we lost against Indiana tonight.

18. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

This team is supposed to be a bunch of great defenders, FVV taking care of the ball, and Alpi and Jalen scoring most of the points. Fred is Fred, he’s doing what he was signed to do. Alpi is way ahead of schedule. And Jalen is wilting for some unknown reason. It’s not just his game, it’s his attitude. He seems…placid? Not upset, not down on himself. It’s so weird

albuster likes this.
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I had to look up who that was on YouTube. Streamed the first song that popped up and my dog left the room. She has good taste.

20. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

He bought into his own hype. Companies go him on commercials trying to tap into that Filipino market.

Sonicbun8 likes this.