1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 11/18/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 17, 2022.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dude, Silas is not worth it putting yourself in his shoes.

Better things could be done instead.

You do you though, just saying.

King1 likes this.
  2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Obviously Silas did terrible job on developing young players. We are still horrible like before, even worse than before.

Nobody complain the shiit basketball on poor talent this time.

ak99999, LeDakota and ashleyem like this.
  3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Nah, yall just dumb and impatient.

Plowman and Verbal Christ like this.
  4. fattz

fattz Member

He looked much different a the time.

5. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

LMAO!

So your drunk AND stoned.

Gotcha.

o_O

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

David Robinson was a Dwight Howard with skills.

I do not think Lucas was very serious.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Catching up on the thread has been like a Hollywood script. :D:D:D The highs! The lows! The heartbreak! I’ll call the movie Rocket Reality!

[​IMG]

Can you see what is happening now? Can you accept it?

RocketWalta, comrade and Os Trigonum like this.
  8. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

9. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]

Verbal Christ likes this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Some folks want us to lose without kpj so they can lord it over other folks of the "importance of kpj".

Other folks want us to win without kpj to rub it in the face of kpj fans to show bad kpj really is

We have the sengun only fans btching 24/7 about everybody that is hindering sengun.

I just want an offense that involves Smith more for development. Win or lose I rather we not have kpj as the main pg. Simply due to the fact he doesn't make Smith get better due to his deficiencies as a point guard.

Sure we lost this game, but man was way more involved and was more aggressive without kpj.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

My feelings on Silas are a lot more objective than some. Some of yall just irrationally hate the guy, acting like he's flat out dumb and didn't deserve getting this job is silly.

The man has been coaching for years and under good coaches, he didn't just get a call from out of nowhere like Nash. He worked his way through the ranks to eventually get a head coaching job. I'm sorry that makes some of yall mad but that's the truth of things.

The fact that I'm able to say that and still want a new coach doesn't make me an 'apologist'. It makes me a realist.

Verbal Christ and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I don't disagree but it's a brutal league and I still do not believe he is cut out for it.

I was surprised Steve Nash wasn't cut out for it but it's the naked truth.

I wasn't the one calling you an apologist so you are barking up the wrong tree.

I don't really care about him, Paul Silas or any of his years as an assistant.

I wondered why you have sympathies for a man who isn't a good coach, sure, you have your opinion and I probably shouldn't question further.

JayGoogle likes this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't have sympathies for him I think it's just wrong to act like he's stupid or to say he doesn't deserve the job.

The man spent TWO decades working up the ranks, that's the truth of things, he was going to get a head coaching job eventually. It's not just because of his dad or anything. Imagine you spending two decades trying to work your way up a ladder and you finally do and people say stuff like "You just have it because of your dad." This isn't to say he's doing good or bad, just to say he has put in the work to be a head coach.

It's also not unlikely that he gets a better job elsewhere and look a lot better, like JB Bickerstaff. A lot of coaches do better at their 2nd and 3rd stops if they do get those opportunities.

MystikArkitect and HP3 like this.
  14. albuster

albuster Member

You are absolutely right. If it's true that Silas is implementing a "read and react" system, then that's totally inappropriate for a very young and inexperienced team. It takes experience to read and then react to the sophisticated defensive and offensive NBA schemes. There needs to be a more organized and disciplined system in order to allow the team to learn the nuances of the NBA teams. It's time for Silas and his staff to re-evaluate their approach with a realistic view of the players' development.

#1374 albuster, Nov 19, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
    JayGoogle likes this.
  15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That means absolute jacksh** honestly. What matters is the actual player and his skills, not what sloppy scouts or media ppl said he was.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not to mention Orlando was a smoke screen, they had Banchero number 1 all along.

DD

Yung-T likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Depending on who he is up against.

If he is up against the likes of Billups, Udoka, Nurse, Finch, Mazzula.

Majority of former assistants blow him out of the water and deserve a contract over him.

There is a number of good assistant coaches around the league and he is IMHO in the lower tier.

Nobody is giving Stephen Smiley Silass a team of superstars.

#1377 daywalker02, Nov 19, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  18. Carpe82

Carpe82 Member

The man is there because of his father. That is pretty obvious, more so if you watch this team play like absolute garbage night in and night out for 3 years in a row now

Ankara1923 likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Those guys all have better teams too, so yeah they would blow him out of the water.

Again, he spent 20 years being an assistant coach lol.