1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 3/19/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 18, 2015.

1. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

I was fortunate to be sitting close last night. Got to see Hakeem.. Clyde... Vernon... Calvin...Bullard... the commish everyone pretty much just right in front of me. It was awesome. I didn't take a whole lot of pictures because I like to enjoy life in the now rather than through the screen of my phone. Also, had the chance to take pics with the fellas but they were being mobbed and that's not really my thing either. It was an overall great experience.
    [​IMG]

2. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

3. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Lucky Fan. Security person looked to be telling him to not bother Vernon, but Maxwell was more than happy to sign the guy's jersey. Spoilered for size.

[​IMG]

4. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

You can listen to the "real PA announcer" every day 11-2 pm on 790 am...only sports talk show i tune in regularly. Matt Thomas !

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Somewhere Darryl Morey is gushing like a proud papa.

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

What is irking me is how so many people/outlets are trying to diminish his performance with the FT BS

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Jennings and Harden grew up together in LA. They know each other as well as anyone could. Jennings is for sure going to stand up for his guy, but its good to see other players recognizing what James is doing out there.

Its silly why people (the media) discount the free throws James got last night. Oh he got 25 FTAs - doesnt count and the reality is if anyone watched the game last night - I cant recall a single foul that wasn't a result of him getting hammered on the way to the rim. Maybe there was some "in the bonus" type foul but that happens to all players.

Lets say if you take his free through percentage as what it is - he made 11 shots on 13 attempts then he would have shot 25/40 for the game which is then 62.5% from the field - that is ridiculous.

His attempts were a result of constant attacking to the basket. You could tell from the jump he was going to get his that night if the Rockets were winning. He kept attacking and getting to the line in instances where he probably would have made a pass in the past. He wanted to have a big night with all the greats there.

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yep. Sounds like just about everyone just checked the box score, fell back on the stupid narrative that he just flops and flails all game and that was enough to know what happened in the game.

Like you said last night was the result when a guy gets into the paint at will and the defense has nothing else they can do but hack. Why should a player be penalized because he has the rare gift of getting past his man at will? Makes no damn sense.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

What's the word on Jennings? Would love him in Houston if he's available. Pistons and SVG are all over the place regarding their players.

10. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Saw all the old players in the Lexus Lounge after the game: Here's a short video of Hakeem walking in before he got hounded for autographs:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nKoLLnLYZIU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

I met a few of the legends way before the game. I met Maxwell, Thorpe, Rudy T, Jim Foley and Eric Riley.

/coolstorybro

12. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Maxwell was nice as hell.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hJi2LLHqMB0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>