1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. ROCKETS GAMEDAY
    The Rockets hope to rebound (no pun intended) after that brutal loss to Charlotte when they take on Ja Morant and the Grizzlies tonight. Come join us live at 7:00pm CT!

LIVE! Rockets vs. Grizzlies

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 11/27/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 27, 2004.

1. dabien1

dabien1 Member

I hope the rockets prove me wrong tonight and make me eat my words...

2. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Member

For making it twice. Yeah.

3. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Sura the Saviour? i hope so. Sura !!!! clap clap Sura!!!!

4. generalthade_03

It's too early to tell but I'm a little excited! May be we finally got us a real point guard. Go Bobby.:)

5. brush

brush Member

If Yao doesn't try to beat double team everytime, he will be a turnover machine without confidence.

6. New Jack

New Jack Member

I don't think Yao could have played any worse if he tried.

7. leroy

leroy Member

simply an embarassing half of basketball.

I think JVG was right...there needs to be a change. We need a new head coach. I don't see how this team can or will improve with him as the coach. With T-Mac and Yao, there is no reason he couldn't mold his style to fit the players, instead of forcing the players to play his game.

Let's hope for a better second half and a better season.

8. Zboy

Zboy Member

Yao is a liability right now on offense as well as defense. On offense, if he gets the ball, it's either a turnover or a brick. Most prbably a turnover. On defense, his man beats him for a jumper or drrive. He is not clogging the lne and preventing any easy lay-ups. And the worst of all, he cant get a defensive rebound! To think that there are Yao fans out there who think he is going to dominate games like Hakeem used to.

9. Yaomania345

Yaomania345 Member

Does Maurice Taylor know he's the worst player in the NBA?

Does Yao Ming know how to box out?

Does T-Mac know he's supposed have to have Jordan-esque abilities? (Well he might be like Jordan in terms of ability, but he's closer to Glenn Robison in terms of passion)

This team is awful. You might be angry at Van Gundy (and you would have reason to be angry, especially when he benches Barrett for the next month because of two defensive mistakes while Charlie Ward gets to play because of his good fundamental basketball), but I feel sorry for the man. This is clearly the least motivated and dumbest team in basketball. The fact that these players get millions of dollars to give a half-***ed effort is a joke.

10. hoang17

hoang17 Member

calm down he's only in his 3rd year and he's still only in his early 20's. He's still got a lot to learn. Nobody here thinks that he's anywhere close to hakeem yet. But what we've seen, there's a lot of hope for the years to come. He's just making stupid mistakes for a person his size.

11. dn1282

dn1282 Member

I love Yao, but the way he brings the ball down on offense irritates me. Doesn't he know he'll get stripped 9 out of 10 times? The only time he won't get stripped is when it's a foul. On defense, he should stop trying to play so much help defense and try to focus most of his energy on boxing his damn man out! It's great that he's trying to help Mo from being raped but we all know how it's going to play out when Yao tries to help. He'll either 1) get a foul, 2) give his man an easy layup because he can't get back in time or 3) give up an offensive rebound because he's too slow to get back to box his man out.

Like I said, I love Yao Ming and I'm one of his biggest fans, so I'll at least wait until the end of this season before I start trashing him and calling him a p***y.

12. generalthade_03

Funny azz Sh**t, the lady from FS SouthWest came on the air and said "Here's the highlights from the first half, TMac to Yao for a slam ,now on to the Spurs" We are so pathetic, 34 point at the half at an NBA game, people paid their hard earned money for this crap, sad!:eek:

13. Zboy

Zboy Member

Yet or anytime in future. It's ok to make mistakes and learn from them. But it's his lack of passion and his heartless attitude that will keep him from being great. He plays like he is 5 feet tall!

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yao is very tenative, his confidence must be shot because he is playing like a sloth out there.

Slow and dumb.

He has shown before that when he is quick with his decisions and the ball he can do very well, but right now, he looks indecisive and it is killing his game and this team.

We need Yao Mean...

DD

15. newmemo1

newmemo1 Member

85-80 rockets

16. brush

brush Member

Well said.

Hopefully, this will be the same as last year. Yao behaved the same on the court, Chronicle called him out, and Yao finally showed up later.

17. vcchlw

vcchlw Member

I'm convinced that T-Mac has no passion of leading the team and playing basketball. He has great talent, but he is nowhere close to Steve in terms of heart and passion.

Without the fire and leadship of Steve, Yao seems lost this year.

18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Honestly, I am starting to wonder if Van Gundy's job security is starting to slip just a wee bit. Those who say "FIRE VAN GUNDY"... it's just not how the Rockets organization is going to work, I don't think. They invested highly in a big-name coach and really gave him full reign, so I doubt they will make an impulse decision on him. But I mean Van Gundy has a 25-year old, two-time NBA scoring champion and he's managed 4 points at half.

19. Stack24

Stack24 Member

we just sit around and don't even go to the basket except for Sura so far....man with T-Mac he should be driving inside over and over...we can't buy a bucket from the outside yet we keep shooting instead of driving to the basket.

20. generalthade_03

This game is butt ugly.