1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 11/24/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 23, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Great win over the NBA champs. Fun to watch!

[​IMG]

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

nuts!

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Why you mad? o_O
    You have a close connection to trash Gup?

5. TimDuncanDonaut

6. bmelo

bmelo Member

It was best rockets team i ever watched no doubt. Really unfortunate we didnt run it back

Losmi_34 and Mr. Dominant like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Who would have thought that Jeff Bzdelik could work his magic and Mike D would listen to him.

9. JW86

JW86 Member

I liked our defensive strategy, just let Jokic get his for the most part, and just home on the rest. Great team win and this defense is not just Ime, y'all try to give him too much credit when Brooks, FVV and Jeff have all been calling out plays, making sure guys are in the right spot at the right time. Communication, trust and individual (muscle / strength) growth between Alp and Jabari on top of that makes the turnaround complete. Ime's coaching staff deserves a lot of credit for sure though.

On offense...now that's a different matter. Not sure it's by design, but I do think he kept it simple and will add on to it as the season(s) go. Still, that lull in the 4th was inexcusable from our guys. Just careless, standing around, waiting for the game to end, passing up shots, throwing up bad shots, flustered by a double team, bad passes into traffic etc. Besides that, it was all around great defense. We turned into some great offense too with Green running ahead most of the time. Did you see that connection between him and FVV, the needle was threaded and was very little window, but Green got that and threw it down.

Speaking of FVV, that man deserves a lot of credit for his play and he was not just a guy we threw a contract at, because he was a champion and the only one out there we could throw money at. The guy is a legit solid defender and it actually pisses me off how even our home stats people do not give him credit for all the steals he gets. The guy had at least 2 or 3 last night and got credited for 1. Those threes at the end of the game with zero emotion from him was just the cherry on top. What a winner!

Oh and the refs still suck. We're getting some silly ass fouls called.

Hakeemtheking, Arnel and Rocket River like this.
  10. CRocket82

CRocket82 Member

It's finally fun to watch the Rockets again.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

No I don't care about either of them I just find it crazy you are complaining about a scrub for another scrub.

This is a CF classic people here always make mountains out of molehill just to have something to be toxic about.

Whether we got JGup or Grimes they both suck compared to Aaron Holiday so it doesn't matter.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

My big takeaways for the game:
    1. Jabari was quietly really good (except for that one time he should've gone up for a dunk and missed a layup instead). 16 points and 15 rebounds with 2 turnovers, a steal, and a block, and he was playing great defense on Aaron Gordon, held him to 0-12.
    2. Alpi had a rough night, his shot still looked off like maybe his back is bugging him. And yet he still damn near picked up a 20-point triple-double and his efficiency wasn't that bad. This is just who he is now.
    3. There are going to be ups and downs, and maybe he'll always be a bit streaky, but I do think over the season we will find that Jalen has improved his shooting, whatever the numbers currently say. He was showing some serious range on some of those open threes. I don't know if he'll ever have a great bag, but if he can just become a knockdown shooter, his speed will always make him a threat to drive and he'll always be able to get space to get his shot off.

Hakeemtheking and Arnel like this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Certainly one of, if not the best performance all around from the Rockets since the rebuild started when you consider the opponent.

Probably the best defense Jalen Green has ever played in his entire life.

If we get to see this version of the team the rest of the season, things are going to get exciting around here.

14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Sengun is all of a sudden soo good now that 21-15-8-2-1 is a bad game.. Future MVP!

Arnel, ElPigto and OremLK like this.
  15. pippsux

pippsux Member

Good coaching by Udoka
    JG balling out since the benching
    Consistency and not forcing your shot will go a long way

Arnel and i3artow i3aller like this.
  16. juicystream

juicystream Member

Probably most complete game I've seen this team play in years. Everyone played well.

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

That lob to Jalen was my favorite part of the game.

I can almost guarantee that coach had a film session and told FVV to throw that up.

Same look the next game and its executed.

Right now, we have one more offensive culprit to discipline.

Fred my man, we need to clean up those wild tweener looks that you like to throw up there.

Love Love Love what I am seeing.

There were a few times that game that I got Jalen confused with Tari due to the defensive deflections. LOVE IT.

i3artow i3aller and Losmi_34 like this.
  18. VanityHalfBlack

The only game I'm worried about right now is that trap game against the Spurs on December 11th which is super r****ded, 9 days from the game before that one. NBA is trash

19. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I don't blame Alpe too much.
    He was just trying soo hard because it's Jokic .
    Alpe's always looked up to him, patterns his game after him and wants the respect of/and to beat him.
    Joker is so skilled that he just scores almost at will against Alpe one on one, but he pretty much does that against the entire league.
    Alpe just wants to give him back tit for tat and was missing some bunnies (for him) tonight.

Give him another year to get comfortable with 3 pointers and long jumpers and he'll be able to give Joker 95% of what he gives Alpe now.
    I LOVE Goon's spirit and competitiveness!

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am sure that those were supposed to be the elimination games of the IS Tournament.

Taken place from 3th to 12th....during that timeframe.

I think those 9 days vacation is not vacation but time slots to squeeze in more games, opponents just determined on the fly.....The losers are to play 2 games?!

#1060 daywalker02, Nov 25, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2023