1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 11/24/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 24, 2007.

1. luisantonio1014

reason why he didn't get the ball enough on the low post was cause they quickly double teamed him once he set a foot in the paint. You could clearly see it. Outside the paint they didn't care.

But Yao was killing Camby (AKA defensive player of the year) down on the low post everytime he had a chance.

2. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

What kind of person I am? Lol... don't take it so personal. All I said was dont say Kobe can do this and that and TMac cannot/doesn't, because you don't want others to say the same about Yao and Dwight. End of story.

3. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

if your thoughts about winning some debates and feeling great about it, just enjoy it. At least I am not hating on TMAC and we were just talking about playing TMAC's best talents before you jumped in and started the barking.

You have the right to say your opinion. If you enjoy it, just keep enjoying it.

4. luisantonio1014

Tmac could do what Kobe does, except TMac isn't as selfish anymore and actually trusts his teammates. He's the best playmaker on the team, which makes him the best swingman in the league.

5. luisantonio1014

All that matters is that we won the game and both Tmac and Yao put up big numbers.

6. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

you still don't get it. I think Tmac has the talent in making plays and you think otherwise. I also think Tmac is as good as Kobe while you think not. Well, that's your opinion. You have the right to say it. Yao and Dwight? What are they doing here? can you just leave them alone?

7. SmitingPurpleEm

The fronting defense is not being beat because of ADELMAN, Yao is getting his position, gets fronted/doubled and Adelman doesn't have a play to deal with it. All he knows to do is reverse the ball and go to someone else. We aren't even running the repost play that was so successful in getting Yao good shots. We were winning with Yao primarily at the low post, and we got away from that and started losing.

You haven't beat anyone in any argument and are just spouting complete nonsense.

8. SmitingPurpleEm

The problem is that he is getting less low post opportunities than before and they aren't coming consistently, so he doesn't have a chance to get into a good flow scoring from the low post. It's not good that Yao has had his low post touches reduced and is reduced to taking mid-range jumper which he can't hit consistently.

9. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

haha you are funny, resorting to changing my quote, very ethical.

Anyways, Yao started to play primarily at the low post only after TMac was hurt?!! At the start of the season Yao played a lot more at the elbow! much more than during the losing stretch, even Fran from houston chronicle said so and heck Yao said so! Why can't you accept this fact and stop spouting lies to make your invalid point.

10. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

Don't worry. Yao will hit those jumpers consistently. He has the good touch and that doesn't go away when he is 18ft away from the rim.

Yao is better in RA's system. What's the point of playing Yao down low all the time when he is mugged and gets no calls? It is a waste of everything.

11. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

they won because i missed the first quarter.

12. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

Then you just keep missing the firat quarters.

13. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

You can make it sound as nice as you can now, but your tone definitely wasn't that TMac is as good as Kobe. You were in fact attacking TMac, saying he is not even close to Kobe in attacking the basket, he is a very inconsistent jump shooter and he is old. Read your own post below and tell me where in your post you meant to say that TMac is as good as Kobe.. haha anyways.

"You are in delusion. TMAC has a decent fg% because he has a couple of high fg% games. He is not consistent at all. Kobe always attacks the basket. That's not what TMac can do, not even close. That's the true meaning of "score as many as you can". TMac relies too much on his jumpers and those jumpers are really inconsistent.

Let's end this ****. TMAC should take many shots when he is hot; otherwise, he should try to do those assists. If he keeps bricking in the hope of getting his touch back, it will be bad to ROX. TMAC is getting old. He knows it and said so, why can't you live with it? You might still think Roger Clemens can pitch 8 innings on a regular basis?"

14. luisantonio1014

I knew there was some kind of curse

15. SmitingPurpleEm

Yao was talking about compared to LAST YEAR, he was playing more at the elbow. During the Lakers game, the stated figure was 4 to 1 low post to high post. That's the kind of ratio Yao needs.

Reading comprehension apparently is beyond you.

16. kwng

kwng Member

Great Game! Great Win. Adelman did the right thing of trying different combinations to get the best results. As the season is still early and
    there are alot good players in this team, 11 man rotation is good to
    decide which combination is the best and which can defend better,
    attack better, which can stop certain game plan, etc. That's the way.

By the way, good game for Steve, Landry and Scola.

17. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

Fact, TMAC is getting old.
    Fact, TMAC doesn't attack the rims as much as Kobe/&&&&/*** does.
    Fact, TMAC is not consistent in making jumpers.
    Fact, TMAC is a team player.
    Fact or my opinion, TMAC cannot score as many as he wants to because he is getting old and doesn't attack the basket very much (as Kobe is doing).

you think those facts make TMAC look worse than Kobe? I am not a TOF. I just say scoring is not all TMAC can do and he does other great things. His talents are not limited to just scoring. It is a person like you that doesn't appreciate Tmac's full talents and thinks he is worse than Kobe, because the scoring and stat sheets are all you people care about.

18. JustWannaChill

The few douchebags were sooooooooooo active and excited last night after we lost the game and Yao had a bad game. Just read the Heat game thread and you will see how ecstatic these morons are. What have they said tonight? Oh wait...they have all disappeared after the Rockets tonight's win!!! ROFL These tards must be sad and crying at this moment because the Rockets has finally ended the losing streak and Yao had a decent game. They must be hoping the Rockets to lose again and Yao had a subpar game again so they can sneak out of their hole to do the b****ing again.

19. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

they lost to phoenix and dallas because i had good seats too. sorry guys.

20. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

Dude please... ok you said all this negative "facts" which I think was discredited (i.e. about his FGs% compared to Kobe) out of love for TMac?? Go blow smoke up someone else's a$$.

The same people i.e. YAOFs who say TMac could do a lot more other than score wouldn't want Yao to do the same. Check out SmitingPurpleEm's posts. Anyways, trust me, TMac can light it up as good as anyone in this league. He showed that again tonight.

But I get your point, let Yao do the scoring and get all the individual stats and TMac can do the dishing, or I am missing something here?